Best Mario Music

Maᴙio said:
Toad Factory from Mario Kart Wii.

The music could've been amazing if it was played by a live band.

Instead we get ---- like Grumble Volcano's music in Mario Kart 8

I hope that they actually put effort into the soundtrack for the next handheld Mario Kart, all of the music for the retro tracks in Mario Kart 7 sound almost exactly like the originals or the Mario Kart Wii renditions with quality improvements or worsening where applicable.

SKmarioman said:
I hope that they actually put effort into the soundtrack for the next handheld Mario Kart, all of the music for the retro tracks in Mario Kart 7 sound almost exactly like the originals or the Mario Kart Wii renditions with quality improvements or worsening where applicable.
I believe they're supposed to be the originals with better quality.

SKmarioman said:

I think it's fine to have the vanilla music at points. In other times, it's godawful (Wii Grumble Volcano in Mario Kart 8 comes to mind)

Almost every Rainbow Road's music was amazing. I didn't really like the GBA or DS versions though.

I loved everything in Double Dash's soundtrack, excluding Sherbet Land.

SKmarioman said:
Even the majority of Mario Kart 8's soundtrack pales in comparison to Toad's Factory, Mount Wario, and Bowser's Castle Wii U. I was about to mention Rainbow Road 64, but the track is too dang short.

Baby Luigi said:
SKmarioman said:

I think it's fine to have the vanilla music at points. In other times, it's godawful (Wii Grumble Volcano in Mario Kart 8 comes to mind)
They did have some modifications in Grumble Volcano's music though.

Lakituthequick said:
Baby Luigi said:
SKmarioman said:

They did have some modifications in Grumble Volcano's music though.

It's barely noticeable though

MKGuy said:
Yeah all they did is add an echo effect at the beginning, and the first place drum beats.
And they amplified the music to the point where I busts your eardrums if you're playing it with headphones.

On the subject of music I've always felt the big epic orchestra boss music while still nice to listen to didn't really fit a character like Bowser when he was fought in the galaxy games.

Something more akin to rock or heavy metal was in my opinion much more fitting.

Like this

I think Super Mario 3D World's Bowser boss theme and Mario Kart 8's Bowser's Castle theme fits Bowser PERFECTLY

Baby Luigi said:
Maᴙio said:
Toad Factory from Mario Kart Wii.

The music could've been amazing if it was played by a live band.

Instead we get ---- like Grumble Volcano's music in Mario Kart 8
I like Grumble Volcano, but the music felt the same as in Mario Kart Wii when it appeared as a retro track in Mario Kart 8.

I don't know but Grumble Volcano just felt different in my opinion. Even though it hardly changed, I still don't mind it being in MK8.

On the topic of Best Mario Music...

Chainlink Charge has got to be my favorite theme in 3D World. It's short which isn't what I like too much, but it just makes me very happy! It does also remind me a bit of Cavi Cape from M&L:BiS which was one of my favorites in that game. Plus, I can both play these on the Trombone... learning SM3DW Staff Roll and Dolphin Shoals.

And If you haven't heard enough of it.. here you go!

YoshiGo99 said:
Even though it hardly changed, I still don't mind it being in MK8.

It does also remind me a bit of Cavi Cape from M&L:BiS which was one of my favorites in that game.

I completely agree to what he just said there.

Lumastar said:
All of the songs from Mario & Luigi: Dream Team are excellent. My favorite is easily "Dreamy Somnom Labyrinth".
I honestly found that one a little boring, but not saying your opinion sucks. Dream Team was pretty good. In almost of its music.

Adventure's end is mine.

The credits of MK 64, Piranha Plant Slide in MK8, Electrodrome, World 1 of Paper Mario Sticker Star, Neo Bowser City, Paper Mario ttyd battle theme

Back