• Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
What about the ball challenges?

Lumastar said:
What about the ball challenges?
They're balls, but I don't remember them with as much disgust as Slingpod Galaxy.

Mario Party Σ said:
Big ass crap like Slingpod Galaxy, Luigi's Purple Coins, Grandmaster Galaxy, certain 3D Land levels, and Champion's Road are the sole reasons I don't want to play Galaxy or Galaxy 2 ever again. Especially Slingpod Galaxy; it produced so much mental misery in me, just the thought of it makes me throw up a little inside.
hey, luigi's purple coins and grandmaster galaxy aren't that awful. they're well-designed levels and are intended to be the hardest in the game

slingpod galaxy is trash but whatever you can basically skip it and it's not even that hard

Nabber said:
hey, luigi's purple coins and grandmaster galaxy aren't that awful. they're well-designed levels and are intended to be the hardest in the game

slingpod galaxy is trash but whatever you can basically skip it and it's not even that hard
Well-designed? I can string a "hard" level myself; just add a bunch of floating platforms, make it long, put no power-ups or checkpoints, and add some obstacles. Make sure it's coherent so it's actually beat-able, and throw in a few enemies or so. I admit, Luigi's Purple Coins had more thought put to it than Grandmaster Galaxy, but none of these "hard" levels feel fun. They feel tedious.

"you can skip it" isn't even a reason for it to exist either.

I guess it's not that hard, but I haven't touched it in years since I don't want to sit through that garbage again.

This is coming from someone who had a taste of brutality by that Spelunky game. <_>

3D World is probably my most replayed 3D Mario game next to sunshine

Re: New Super Mario 3D Title announced

"Super Mario Galaxy 3"

"Super Mario Universe"

IDEA!

What if Mario went to an alternate universe where King Koopa has taken over?

Wouldn't be all that different from the usual stuff. Bowser takes over places all the time, he just never gets to keep them.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
What if in that alternate universe, it was King Koopa from the cartoons?

Genius!

It would be like in my fictional mind that The New Mario Bros went to see The Super Mario Brothers!

Nozomi Toujou said:
Well, he and his army would be stronger and smarter to actually keep the dang place in control.

The only people who ever stop him are Mario and co, which is exactly what you'd be doing regardless making it a moot concept.

Well, yeah, but having Bowser take over in an alternate universe implies that he and his army would be strong enough to overthrow Mario.

But that's just that dimension's Mario. He could either be weaker than this dimension's Mario... or stronger.
And if he's stronger, then it'll be one hell of a game lol

what if mario went to an alternate universe where mario and luigi are gritty, dark soldiers defending the last remnants of humanity from the fearsome general bowser, whose army of mutated hallucinogenic mushrooms has caused the death of almost everyone who hadn't already died from the brutal nuclear devastation of world war 3

actually this is getting way too close to adventure time

Nozomi Toujou said:
Well, yeah, but having Bowser take over in an alternate universe implies that he and his army would be strong enough to overthrow Mario.

But that's just that dimension's Mario. He could either be weaker than this dimension's Mario... or stronger.

Exactly.

But let's not make it like Super Mario: The Lost Levels/Super Mario Bros. 2.

"UMG THIS GAEM TU HAERD MAEK NW GEAM!"

"UMG WUT A RIPOF!"

Nabber said:
what if mario went to an alternate universe where mario and luigi are gritty, dark soldiers defending the last remnants of humanity from the fearsome general bowser, whose army of mutated hallucinogenic mushrooms has caused the death of almost everyone who hadn't already died from the brutal nuclear devastation of world war 3

actually this is getting way too close to adventure time

Keep it PG.

Nabber said:
I actually want a game like that.

Nozomi Toujou said:

So your going to an alternate dimension, to do exactly what you do in the normal dimension.

Moot concept.

Mario Party Σ said:
This is coming from someone who had a taste of brutality by that Spelunky game. <_>

I can't really elaborate why a brutally hard game like Spelunky is pretty fun but brutal levels like The Perfect ---- aren't, other than "The Perfect Run looks and plays like ----".

If you want brutally difficult but still fun look no farther than ghosts n goblins

It's just my own personal experience with it. It's like how people acquire their fear or disgust: some really bad experience. The problem is, I don't want to go through that again.

Back