• It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Friday.

Yes I know SM3DW is being released in America today, but so does everyone else.

Moulder the Boulder said:
IMO, the four point scale is dumb and the official nintendo magazine shouldn't be reviewing their games, because obviously they're biased.
Bluh.
I don't think the magazine is run by Nintendo, but they only cover it

So I read this in the wiki, on Rosalina's description:

Rosalina can use her signature Spin attack that gives her an effective double jump, and also has a high jump like Luigi but with no traction.

Doesn't this render Luigi useless? I mean, another character has his exact same ability but with no side-effect to it? (I know Rosalina's disadvantage is not being able to Spin Jump when having a power-up).

@Anser: Well I guess Luigi's just there as an inferior Rosalina until the player unlocks her. :P

I don't have the game (at least I'll get to try it next week :P), but I do find this interesting...

IMG_0235_zpsa6d6a19b.png

Awesome game. A tad on the easy side, some pieces of frustrating but overall a good game

Love it! I already beat it and unlocked Rosalina. I'm
at a Bowser statue that is the first one I don't have enough stars for.
So I'll have to go Green Star hunting later.

New Super Mario said:
how did you beat it already. it came out this morning.

don't you have school or work or whatever?

Dude, I'm like in the 4th world right now (got nearly all green stars and even golden flagpole) and I played 3 hours. I don't think he was trying to be a completionist like me.

New Super Mario said:
how did you beat it already. it came out this morning.

don't you have school or work or whatever?

Some people are really fast to finish games, while others like to savor them. Not everyone's methods with gaming are the same; as for me, I'm the latter.

Also, I just got it and played through the first level so far. Already, I'm loving the free-roaming around the map, and the fact that the plot is finally something different makes me happy.

I savor AND I finish games quickly

I played the majority of the main game with one other guy. He was Mario and I was Luigi. (I played as Mario, Peach, Toad, and later Rosalina after he left) We kept accidentally screwing each other over because of holding the dash button and picking the up the other person by accident.

Dimentio64 said:
We kept accidentally screwing each other over because of holding the dash button and picking the up the other person by accident.

Yeah, that's ass. Multiply that when you have a Fire Flower

Good, but not great. I'd give it a straight 8/10. I think it's vastly overrated. Satisfying, but lacks that oomph I really want from Nintendo.

Pros:
Pretty to look at.
Soundtrack is generally nice
Mario Kart level is nice and memorable, not to mention, creative.
Double cherry is a nice, creative powerup.
Mario is a cat.
Explorable world maps.
Reserve item system is nice if some Toad tries to hog your powerups.
Simultaneous multiplayer is a always a good feature.
Way superior to New Super Rehash Bros.

Cons:
Short levels
Badly designed Canon Box (friendly power-downs)
Reused and tired world tropes
Generic level design; same structures at the end of too many levels
Lives return and again, serves as a pointless time-waster.
Awful swimming controls return.
Forgettable MIDI tracks.
Bad bubbling mechanics; in athletic levels, finding a safe spot to pop the bubble without falling to your death is a challenge.
Has this "generic" and "safe" feeling throughout the game.
Returned bosses, especially BoomBoom and PomPom. Go to hell, you two.
Plessie is eh and if you play with other people, your lives lost will multiply (as pointless as they are).
Frustrating levels leave a dark blemish on this game, especially with flawed multiplayer.
Pick up player button is shared with powerup action button (B with my Wii Remote + Nunchuk), meaning you can try throwing fireballs, but end up picking up and tossing a friend to an enemy's face. Not cool.
Captain Toad levels force other people to sit out.
Fun, but pointless ranking after each level that I feel slow down the game overall.

I'll go on later.

Overall, though, it's a fun game with a few nice concepts, but it really doesn't deserve vast critical acclaim.

Just finished playng this game for the third time today.

The one thing I REALLY like, plot wise:

Princess Peach was not kidnapped again!

Mario Party X said:
There has to be a kidnapping, though. :(
Technically the fairies being trapped was a kidnapping though, wasn't it?

Back