• Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Gonna get it for Christmas.

To y'all moaning about shared lives: I hate the concept of lives altogether

YoshiGo99 said:

THAT ASIAN STYLE THEME AT THE END. BEAUTIFUL. Just gonna add to all the other amazing Asian styled themes that Nintendo has done.
*Pagoda Peak
*Sammer's Kingdom
*Chai Kingdom

But I actually love the music now... Idk I thought it was terrible but... I changed my mind.

YoshiGo99 said:
The game looks pretty good but that trailer/main level music is terrible.

I actually like it, I guess it was that second trailer that got me into the feel of the music. I really hope to listen to the full soundtrack soon. And then I see people complaining about the Castle theme, it is not reused, it is a remix/arranged piece.

I really want this soundtrack badly now. That Asian theme is really amazing. All of the music is really good. It's got some classic sounding Mario elements to it and completely new stuff. I'm just glad it's Orchestral and real instruments again. One of the big disappointments of 3D land was the midi instruments. It's songs were good. But I don't really like Midi that much.

Super Mario 3D Land has a fairly good soundtrack. The water theme, the snow theme, the overworld theme, and the steampunkish cover of the overworld theme as gotten me humming to the music sometimes. Now, only if it is orchestrated.

It's sad that it took this long for Mario to have an orchestrated soundtrack. I don't think even Super Mario 3D World's soundtrack will be fully orchestrated (as in, every track is orchestrated).

Oh, okay. Even my low expectations seem mildly satisfied there. :(

Mario Party X said:
Super Mario 3D Land has a fairly good soundtrack. The water theme, the snow theme, the overworld theme, and the steampunkish cover of the overworld theme as gotten me humming to the music sometimes. Now, only if it is orchestrated.

It's sad that it took this long for Mario to have an orchestrated soundtrack. I don't think even Super Mario 3D World's soundtrack will be fully orchestrated (as in, every track is orchestrated).

True. I liked the Music in 3D land, but I was sad it was midi.

And you're right. Not even Galaxy 1/2 had all Orchestral tracks. It's jingles were synth and The mission select screen music was also midi synths.

Oh, MIDI isn't that bad. I just like orchestrated (or real instruments) more, right?

All those Super Mario World (you know especially that one theme that plays a million times across Super Mario World) covers are also MIDI, and I hated those.

So far 10 out of 38 reviews give this game 100%, 2 out of 38 give it an 80%, 36 out of 38 90% or better, current Metacritic AVG is 93%. Preety good. The Escapist gave 90% for 3D Land, 80% for 3D World, don't get that, probably a bad reviewer. Another funny thing about the Escapist is they gave GTA 5 a 7/10, the only mixed review out of 57 Metacritic reviews

Wow, really? My low expectations aren't any higher, though.

superwesleybros said:
Mario Party X said:
Oh, MIDI isn't that bad. I just like orchestrated (or real instruments) more, right?
I share this same view. :mario:

The [/quote] goes after my message. :)

Candice said:
Demidevimon said:
Official Nintendo Magazine gave it
93%
Well at least their not completely biased.
their reviews have improved a lot.

Back in the past they would give every nintendo developed game at least 90%. They given NSMBW 96%.

In their defense regarding New Super Mario Bros. Wii, that was before the NSMB series began getting milked to death.

Solar Blaze said:
In their defense regarding New Super Mario Bros. Wii, that was before the NSMB series began getting milked to death.
But the game still wasn't mind blowing enough for that high of a score.

Yeah, and that it got a higher score than Kirby's Return to Dream Land, what the hell were the reviewers on?

Solar Blaze said:
That's exactly why I don't pay video game reviews any mind, especially those of IGN.

Yeah I know. Eff them.

SuperNick3DLand said:
So far 10 out of 38 reviews give this game 100%, 2 out of 38 give it an 80%, 36 out of 38 90% or better, current Metacritic AVG is 93%. Preety good. The Escapist gave 90% for 3D Land, 80% for 3D World, don't get that, probably a bad reviewer. Another funny thing about the Escapist is they gave GTA 5 a 7/10, the only mixed review out of 57 Metacritic reviews

Lol, a 4/5 is a bad review? What standards do you have? Not to mention, the guy who reviewed it was Bob Chipman, a well-known Mario fanboy. If anyone is seriously going to complain about it, you're as bad as those GTA5 fanboys.

Also, they didn't give GTA5 a 7/10. It was a 3.5/5. You may think there's no difference there, but there really is.

Back