Votes: 7 10.3%
  • It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
This game looks amazing. I reserved my copy yesterday. Seven more days to go. Anyone find any pics of Boomerang peach or Rosalina? I'm curious to see how they look in those cool suits. Rosalina with a black cat suit seems to really suit her.

Anser said:
I really like her new voice, and that's something I'm very picky with. She sounds rather excited, yet calm. True to her personality. Too bad it's not Mercedes Rose, but at least it's not Kerri Kane. Nothing against Kerri, but I didn't like her work on Mario Kart 7 very much. I wonder who the new voice actress for Rosalina is.

By the way, guys, I just made some fanart of Rosalina's Fire Suit, just in case you want to check it out. It's awful, but I don't really care. http://fmgbaskfh.deviantart.com/art/Fire-Rosalina-413727443 (I don't know if I can do this in this forum, so someone please tell me if it's ok or not).

Not too different from my input, except for that the dress rims are golden-colored, and there's no ponytail.

MnSG said:
Anser said:
I really like her new voice, and that's something I'm very picky with. She sounds rather excited, yet calm. True to her personality. Too bad it's not Mercedes Rose, but at least it's not Kerri Kane. Nothing against Kerri, but I didn't like her work on Mario Kart 7 very much. I wonder who the new voice actress for Rosalina is.

By the way, guys, I just made some fanart of Rosalina's Fire Suit, just in case you want to check it out. It's awful, but I don't really care. http://fmgbaskfh.deviantart.com/art/Fire-Rosalina-413727443 (I don't know if I can do this in this forum, so someone please tell me if it's ok or not).

Not too different from my input, except for that the dress rims are golden-colored, and there's no ponytail.

It WOULD have been better with no ponytail. It would make her even more different from Peach.

superwesleybros said:
This game looks amazing. I reserved my copy yesterday. Seven more days to go. Anyone find any pics of Boomerang peach or Rosalina? I'm curious to see how they look in those cool suits. Rosalina with a black cat suit seems to really suit her.

On IGN's video review, you could see Boomerang Rosalina. It's basically the same as Mario's, but teal-colored. She also wears a ponytail.

Sorry for double posting, but this doesn't have anything to do with my previous post, so I didn't edit it.

Mercedes Rose just tweeted me and confirmed that she is not the one who voiced Rosalina in Super Mario 3D World.

Mercedes Rose
‏@girlactor
Nope! @EduardoAnser: @girlactor Hi Mercedes! Were you the one who voiced Rosalina in Super Mario 3D World? Her voice sounds too much like yours!

https://twitter.com/girlactor/status/401538678230487041

She also went on to add:

Mercedes Rose
‏@girlactor
@EduardoAnser #Nintendo uses my voice to hire other #voice actresses to match! #crazy

https://twitter.com/girlactor/status/401538853128785920

And seeing that Kerri Kane already confirmed she didn't voice Rosalina in this game either, we now know that Rosalina did get a new voice actress. I wonder who it is. These are small details, but I pay attention to them.

eh, there's barely any voice acting in Mario (Sunshine excluded) so it don't really matter imo

Nightmare Moon said:
eh, there's barely any voice acting in Mario (Sunshine excluded) so it don't really matter imo

I don't want Charles Martinet gone ;~;

It also matters to me so we won't have people complaining about different voice actors like how the Sonic fanbase does.

Okay, it's been a while since I've responded to this topic (or have I even posted here at all). But I do have to say that one things for certain - I managed to get my Wii U console a few weeks ago even before the recent announcements surfaced in regards to this game. I'm just happy I got it in time because now this was REALLY the tipping point for me.

And seeing that I'm able to switch between Peach and Rosalina once I meet the criteria to do so -- this makes me super excited.

And on the music side - since I've been busy doing Super Nintendo music style arrangements of modern Mario musical scores, I know my tracker application is going to be super busy when I get to selecting which songs are gonna get the treatment from me. *laughs*

Why does every SM3DW related video go private after like 5 hrs?

Nintendo seems to be hunting down all Let's players now.

BananaFreak said:

Nintendo doesn't like people releasing content before the game's release. This sort of stuff happened at the Spriter's Resource, where they requested the people there not to upload sprites of Black and White before it was released. Same with Serebii.

Since this is a 4 player game, then how does this work? If someone plays this fifth character then one of the others would be left over?

I also think Daisy never shourd have been a separate character. When that first came out, I wondered why they would use another princess. I guess it was originally supposed to be a separate universe or something, then they began crossing the characters over in the subsequent “ Nintendo allstars” games.

Funny, when I first started seeing the name “Peach”, I thought it was yet another character, then I saw that it was a new name for Princess Toadstool. (I still wondered why the new name). So they probably should have just said Daisy was another name for Toadstool.

Eric B said:
Since this is a 4 player game, then how does this work? If someone plays this fifth character then one of the others would be left over?

I also think Daisy never shourd have been a separate character. When that first came out, I wondered why they would use another princess. I guess it was originally supposed to be a separate universe or something, then they began crossing the characters over in the subsequent " Nintendo allstars" games.

Funny, when I first started seeing the name "Peach", I thought it was yet another character, then I saw that it was a new name for Princess Toadstool. (I still wondered why the new name). So they probably should have just said Daisy was another name for Toadstool.
yeah, basically if nobody picks a certain character, that character essentially won't exist until someone switches to that character

Eric B said:
Funny, when I first started seeing the name “Peach”, I thought it was yet another character, then I saw that it was a new name for Princess Toadstool. (I still wondered why the new name). So they probably should have just said Daisy was another name for Toadstool.
Peach has already been 'Peach' for 16 years…

Eric B said:

Wow I didn't know it was 1996 hang on I need to Macarena.

Baby Luigi said:
BananaFreak said:

Nintendo doesn't like people releasing content before the game's release. This sort of stuff happened at the Spriter's Resource, where they requested the people there not to upload sprites of Black and White before it was released. Same with Serebii.

Yeah but I remember people uploading like half of SMG 2 before it was released. Nintendo got way more serious there.

They could always avoid the problem completely and have a simultaneous release date but nooooooooooooo.

Eric B said:
I also think Daisy never shourd have been a separate character. When that first came out, I wondered why they would use another princess. I guess it was originally supposed to be a separate universe or something, then they began crossing the characters over in the subsequent “ Nintendo allstars” games.

I think it's more like Pauline's case. She actually didn't have to be considered a seperate character from Peach until Nintendo endowed her with a whole new portrait. But it's probably a nightmare for her, since so far she hasn't received any other role in Mario universe.

They first time Daisy nominally appeared was Mario Land. However, we judge the original title where Daisy was re-introduced--- Mario Tennis 64. Not only it added some characters who became popular regulars in all the later rosters of Mario games, but it also decreased the places for orgininal athelets coming from the previous spinoff. It was a shame because I can see more potentials in some athelete girls than a "yet-another"

I believe that if Nintendo/Miyamoto had been bothered by another princess, what they should had done is to keep a athlete girl who can stick to a seperate universe and never enter the realm of platformers. Now what is done is done, and we can only ask for corrections.

Anser said:
Hey guys! Here you go, over 15 minutes of Rosalina gameplay:

Rosalina's Fire Suit looks like freaking Santa Claus :'D
Good news that I have watched that video before it got private. How weird.

Dorayaki said:
Eric B said:

I think it's more like Pauline's case. She actually didn't have to be considered a seperate character from Peach until Nintendo endowed her with a whole new portrait. But it's probably a nightmare for her, since so far she hasn't received any other role in Mario universe.

They first time Daisy nominally appeared was Mario Land. However, we judge the original title where Daisy was re-introduced--- Mario Tennis 64. Not only it added some characters who became popular regulars in all the later rosters of Mario games, but it also decreased the places for orgininal athelets coming from the previous spinoff. It was a shame because I can see more potentials in some athelete girls than a "yet-another"

I believe that if Nintendo/Miyamoto had been bothered by another princess, what they should had done is to keep a athlete girl who can stick to a separate universe and never enter the realm of platformers. Now what is done is done, and we can only ask for corrections.
I had thought too it would have been cool to have simply made Pauline the Princess, but it made sense that they basically started anew at that point. Mario went from carpenter to plumber, and instead of the real world, it was the Mushroom Kingdom, so it figures there would be a new "damsel in distress". So I guess they tried to start yet another "world" with SML, but afterward, while Pauline was totally forgotten, Daisy was carried over into as I called them, those"allstar" (sports, etc) games.

(Let's not even start on how they botched the Donkey Kong character canon! They chose Jr. for the original Super Mario Kart, but afterwards, which DK was which became totally muddled).

Pauline wasn't completely forgotten though, she's not as frequent but she still appears in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong games

Back