• It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Ema Skye said:
I didn't play SM64DS so I don't really know if there was any real motivation for Wario to work alongside Mario and such.

Mario, Luigi, and Wario all wanted cake. That's basically it.

Anser said:
I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, but just in case, I was being unbiased. I was just stating facts. Even if I hated her I would have had to recognize that she did make a big impact. I don't think she's getting more spotlight than Bowser Jr., though. He's been the main villain in quite a few games and has been a recurring villain since his debut. He is definitely another important character in the series.
No, I seriously agree most of your comments. If comparing with these characters, while Toadsworth seems to decline, Bowser Jr. is naturally important as a relative character. As I said above, I love Rosalina but I don't think Nintendo gave her enough appearances to get a place in Mario world, and most people still remember her as "an eye-catching outsider from Galaxy".

Dorayaki said:
Anser said:
I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, but just in case, I was being unbiased. I was just stating facts. Even if I hated her I would have had to recognize that she did make a big impact. I don't think she's getting more spotlight than Bowser Jr., though. He's been the main villain in quite a few games and has been a recurring villain since his debut. He is definitely another important character in the series.
No, I seriously agree most of your comments. If comparing with these characters, while Toadsworth seems to decline, Bowser Jr. is naturally important as a relative character. As I said above, I love Rosalina but I don't think Nintendo gave her enough appearances to get a place in Mario world, and most people still remember her as "an eye-catching outsider from Galaxy".

Oh, ok, good to know we agree :) I think it's actually better that way. I'd rather have people remember her as an eye-catching outsider from Galaxy than...

Ema Skye said:
just being another character for party games like Waluigi and Daisy have essentially become.

Also...

Pearl said:
i doubt that will be happening any time soon

Me too, especially after this appearance. What people criticize the most about Daisy is that she only appeared in one main Mario game, and after that she's been used exclusively in spin-offs. Now, Rosalina has three appearances in main titles, and in one of them she's playable. I think people will credit her more.

Anyway. I want to play this game now. Too bad I don't have a Wii U.

Beetleking said:
Rosalina cat suit is black. This is from Iwata ask.

cd.png

I guess that cover means Rosalina will be the only unlockable character. Also quite strange her cat suit is black and not teal.

Cirdec said:
Beetleking said:
Rosalina cat suit is black. This is from Iwata ask.

cd.png

I guess that cover means Rosalina will be the only unlockable character. Also quite strange her cat suit is black and not teal.

Not strange, Mario's cat suit is yellow because red is too similar to Peach's pink. It's just the same thing with two different characters.

I like it, I wonder what her Fire form/Boomerang form will be like?

I was going to say that Rosalina being playable opens the door for other noteworthy characters but then I saw the soundtrack art; nonetheless I'm still happy that we have an unlockable character (that's not Luigi) in a mainstream Mario title.

Big fan of the Mario Kart inspired levels, hopefully they aren't too sparse. Even if they're just gimmick levels, I kinda like the idea of actually recognising the racing tracks as being part of the Mushroom Kingdom instead of just spin-off exclusive locations (I know they aren't the actual tracks but taking inspiration and using features from them is good enough for me :P).

Rosalina! ;D

Although I liked Rosalina to be playable in SM3DW I'm also feel sorry for Daisy to be excluded like this... I mean, she has not been in any main Mario Game since Super Mario Land, not a single appearance. :-\ Heck! It is like Miyamoto or anyone influential in the Nintendo EAD doesn't like the characters outside the circle of characters created by Miyamoto... this is the only explanation for characters like Daisy, Wario or Waluigi seem not exist in that universe.

And now a humble request for Nintendo: INCLUDE ROSALINA IN MORE SPIN-OFF, PLEASE! She is already playable in a main Mario game!!!! while she has not even appeared in some games. And this is not only for Rosalina, the rooster for recent spin-off games is from bad to worse (Mario & Sonic is a joke).

cd.png
That cover! :birdo:

Rosalina is Sylvester :lol:

Pearl said:
MnSG said:
Mario: Balance
Luigi: Jumps higher
Peach: Floats
Blue Toad: Runs fast
Rosalina: Star Spins

But if Yoshi was included, he'd probably utilize his tongue to grab and defeat enemies.

personally, i think if yoshi was included there would be no way he would be a seperate playable character

Then Wario might've been an alternate, where he'd be the slowest of the bunch, but can use his Earthshake Punch to stun any nearby grounded enemies. This would be especially useful against the Conkdors.

Of course, the soundtrack pretty much points out that no more characters will be playable, so this is just wishful thinking on my part.

As a balance, having a slow, powerful character would be cool. I mean, Super Mario 64 DS gave him enhanced power and low speed and jump, so it's not unseen. Not to mention that playable :wario: would be perfect for shits and giggles, just imagine his fcat form.

With 5 characters, I doubt they'll do character dlc, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat if they did.

Ema Skye said:
I would especially like her in Strikers because Strikers is awesome and she is awesome so it seems fitting, but hey. :P
I think that's not entirely fitting. There's also such thing as her attitude.

Yes I know about Peach. Rosalina is a different case.

GBAToad said:
Big fan of the Mario Kart inspired levels, hopefully they aren't too sparse. Even if they're just gimmick levels, I kinda like the idea of actually recognising the racing tracks as being part of the Mushroom Kingdom instead of just spin-off exclusive locations (I know they aren't the actual tracks but taking inspiration and using features from them is good enough for me :P).
We don't even know if there are multiple levels of that kind.

Wow, Rosalina? How cool! I totally didn't see that one coming, and I am very happy about her inclusion. But am I the only one who thinks it's kinda weird that she got priority over Daisy and Waluigi? After all, they've been around much longer than she have and they've never been playable in a mainstream Mario game. :O

Does anybody know if you can preload games on the Wii U (like on the ps3 for example)?

Because my internet already took freaking 4ever to download the Rayman Legends Challenges App. :mad:

I wonder. If Rosalina is playable in 3D World, this makes me think that King K. Rool may be the secret character in Tropical Freeze. It would sure be surprising if that actually came to pass.

MnSG said:
I wonder. If Rosalina is playable in 3D World, this makes me think that King K. Rool may be the secret character in Tropical Freeze. It would sure be surprising if that actually came to pass.
Are you sure King K Rool is the counterpart of Rosalina??? But now it's DKC's problem if they'll have fewer playable characters than this title, ironically. So far the rumor only tells four, and only three are on the cover, unless two are unlockable.

Dorayaki said:
Are you sure King K Rool is the counterpart of Rosalina??? But now it's DKC's problem if they'll have fewer playable characters than this title, ironically. So far the rumor only tells four, and only three are on the cover, unless two are unlockable.

No, but it would definitely lead to a trend of surprising playables, because people wouldn't expect K. Rool to be a protagonist, much like how no one expected Rosalina to be part of the playable 3D World cast.

MnSG said:
No, but it would definitely lead to a trend of surprising playables, because people wouldn't expect K. Rool to be a protagonist, much like how no one expected Rosalina to be part of the playable 3D World cast.
We'll see how Nintendo introduce Rosalina in this title. However, if you mean that any other character can randomly appear while those who should naturally appear suddenly disappear for no reason (like those kongs in Return), it's definitely not the path Nintendo should take in the future (or they already took it a long time ago).

I expect the return of King K Rool, but it's just because he is an important character, not a random surprise.

Icemario11 said:
No doubt Rosalina will be the best character because of her spin attack. Being able to attack regardless of what state she in would be a huge advantage.
All characters can attack in whatever state they are, jumping.

Demidevimon said:
Icemario11 said:
No doubt Rosalina will be the best character because of her spin attack. Being able to attack regardless of what state she in would be a huge advantage.
All characters can attack in whatever state they are, jumping.
I'll rephrase that.
Having a wider range of attacks would be a huge advantage as it would let her attack spiked enemies and ground-bound ones about to hit her. And it may be able to deflect the things and break brick blocks, so it could be very useful.

The work spoil me from all the hype....but well, first...

OMG OMG ROSALINA, ROSALINA YEEEEEEEEES IM SO HAPPY, FIRST CHARACTER SINCE MARIO WORLD OTHER THAT MARIO OR LUIGI THAT IS PLAYABLE IN A MAINSTREAM MARIO, OMG OMG ROSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ehem....ok...now, i think the circle is complete

Mario: Balanced
Luigi: Floaty
Toad: Speed
Peach: Fly-ish
Rosalina: Power (she can attack)

I think im in love with this game alot

Now, some point, i think Cat Mario is Yellow because it resemble more a normal cat that the other character, mario power ups usually hasn´t the same color as mario, hammer suit, boomerang suit, tanooki, blue shell, frog suit...they became the same color to match the multiplayer aspect of the mutiplayer games, i think now its a 3D Game we can see better the diference between characters and give mario a more unique color for power ups.

I think Rosa being Black its also to give her a more unique color...and because you can´t have a full Cat pack without a Black Cat ;D

Back