• It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Mario Party X said:
Obnoxious video responses will get you nowhere.

By the way, did anyone notice the extra detail on Mario and Luigi's insignia on their caps? It looks like it's stitched. It looks off, since the rest of the clothing looks like plastic.
Is it me, or are you always singling me out?

Sonicyay2 said:
Mario Party X said:
Obnoxious video responses will get you nowhere.

By the way, did anyone notice the extra detail on Mario and Luigi's insignia on their caps? It looks like it's stitched. It looks off, since the rest of the clothing looks like plastic.
Is it me, or are you always singling me out?

probably

Mario Party X said:
I did. It's pretty nifty.

So I went on GameFAQs and found this:

http://nintendoeverything.com/new-super-mario-3d-world-screenshots-2/

The Shell Peach screenshot in particular really interested me....

Same, it'd be interesting to see that power-up return, though I can't imagine its use in a 3D platformer

Oh yeah, how about a blue cat

They probably made it yellow so that you wouldn't confuse Mario and Peach when they were both in cat form, as red and pink can be close colors, and they don't want players forgetting which character they were due to the color of their outfits.

ohZmrwB.jpg

Oh my god! Yes! This excites me so much for some reason.

I was reading a Kotaku article today, saying how this game is like Super Mario World as in it kinda recaptures the feeling of discovering so many new ideas. And looking at this game in that light... it actually looks pretty damn good.

I wasn't talking about realistic cats, it's just that I find it weird that Mario's cat suit isn't red, which is his signature color. Of course I haven't seen green, pink or blue cats.

DragonFreak said:
That does look quite good. And, SMW sequel confirm, at least as far as I'm concerned of.

If it was a Super Mario World sequel, it's by far the best sequel to Super Mario World (because there's a lack of something)

Baby Luigi said:
DragonFreak said:
That does look quite good. And, SMW sequel confirm, at least as far as I'm concerned of.

If it was a Super Mario World sequel, it's by far the best sequel to Super Mario World (because there's a lack of something)
Would that something be....I can't keep track of what everyone hates. I know that you hate Wario, but you're probably talking about Yoshis?

Super Mario 3D World would be better if it had Wario in it

Yeah I'm glad Yoshi isn't in it.

Xerneas said:
They probably made it yellow so that you wouldn't confuse Mario and Peach when they were both in cat form, as red and pink can be close colors, and they don't want players forgetting which character they were due to the color of their outfits.
Maybe. I guess everyone feels different, and Nintendo can still provide more colors if they can. The real problem is the choice of characters who represent that color, like the Toad case.

^That's not even a real problem at all. The REAL problem is making the game so it can be beaten with all characters alone + making it tough and stuff

Baby Luigi said:
^That's not even a real problem at all. The REAL problem is making the game so it can be beaten with all characters alone + making it tough and stuff
Sorry I can't get you. I was saying that the some colors used to represent characters in NSMB/SM3D don't really match the representative colors we knew from past Mario games.

I wouldn't mind having Yoshi in this game. Why not?

I don't get why people hate certain Mario characters. I mean how? What did they do to you?

The only characters I hate are the ones that are the same character coexisting at the same time. Like Dry Bowser and Bowser being on the same race course... WHAT? See, I don't hate Dry Bowser. I only hate it when they consider him his own character. He's not his own character! He's Bowser!

Anyway having more playable characters never hurts. I think Nintendo is starting to accept that by adding Peach instead of Yellow Toad again.
My list of characters would be this:

MARIO
Pros: Balanced Stats
Cons: No Special Abilities

LUIGI
Pros: High Jumper
Cons: Poor Traction

TOAD
Pros: Fast Runner
Cons: Low Jumper

PEACH
Pros: Can Float in the Air
Cons: Slow Runner

WARIO
Pros: Can Ground Pound Shockwave by Himself
Cons: Slow Runner and Low Jumper

DONKEY KONG
Pros: Can Climb Up Walls Without Catsuit (but not as far)
Cons: Power-Ups are Weaker (Fireballs move slower, Boomerangs don't go that far, etc.)

Okay all I added was Wario and DK but I can't really think what other character to add that would have some unique advantage or disadvantage.

Koopaul said:
I don't get why people hate certain Mario characters. I mean how? What did they do to you?

They did and said inexplicable things to me that would be unacceptable in society.

This is why I hated Peach for so long but came to terms to forgiving her.

Also, screw Hammer Bro.. He's a generic enemy. I HATE HIM!

Koopaul said:
I wouldn't mind having Yoshi in this game. Why not?

Anyway having more playable characters never hurts. I think Nintendo is starting to accept that by adding Peach instead of Yellow Toad again. Okay all I added was Wario and DK but I can't really think what other character to add that would have some unique advantage or disadvantage.
Yoshi doesn't annoy me in SMB titles. One concern could be that he claims to "stay" in his hometown but can actually appear anywhere, which would be alittle weird or offensive to other characters.

I'm opposed to Wario and DK since they have onw major games / platformers so they don't need this "chance". It could be right that they have distinctive natural abilities (well, actually we can come up with a different one for every character).

When Nintendo is called lazy, it's not for few playable characters but should be that they reuse the same ability/model but can't find better character choices, especially that we got so many distinctive toad characters so far in Mario series but now have generic toads as result.

Back