• Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
original.jpg

there's the observatory, in case you can't find it

ThePremiumYoshi said:
I think he wants to know why they're kidnapped in the first place.

yeah, basically that, and I wanted to know what their role is in the game since they seem to be a new character that popped out of nowhere

Based Sora said:
they exist solely for bowser to kidnap

i ain't complainin'
MCS said:
ThePremiumYoshi said:
I think he wants to know why they're kidnapped in the first place.

yeah, basically that, and I wanted to know what their role is in the game since they seem to be a new character that popped out of nowhere

- Bowser invades a neighboring kingdom and imprisons some of its citizens
- the citizens look like princesses
- Bowser is out to steal their treasure
- some stages let you move the camera while others don't
- Piranha plants can also bite other real-life players
- this bite will stun them for a second

Thats why, they didnt tell bowser so bowser kindap them in bottles..ok?

I heard Yoshiaki Koizumi wrote a 300 pages treatment detailling the Sprixies century-old history, culture and mating rituals, but then Miyamoto destroyed it.

KingMario128 said:
- Bowser invades a neighboring kingdom and imprisons some of its citizens
- the citizens look like princesses
- Bowser is out to steal their treasure
- some stages let you move the camera while others don't
- Piranha plants can also bite other real-life players
- this bite will stun them for a second

Thats why, they didnt tell bowser so bowser kindap them in bottles..ok?

I knew that's why Bowser was kidnapping them, but their role in the game just seems like it came out of nowhere.

Based Sora said:
they exist solely for bowser to kidnap

i ain't complainin'

Seems legit to me.

Glowsquid said:
I heard Yoshiaki Koizumi wrote a 300 pages treatment detailling the Sprixies century-old history, culture and mating rituals, but then Miyamoto destroyed it.
...What the hell? I'm sorry, but just...what the hell? Exactly what does that guy have against the concept of a story?

Glowsquid said:

Just like everything he does. Gosh, I swear Miyamoto is an idiot. I can't wait for him to retire.

I don't think he destroyed it, but I'm sure he told Koizumi not to include it in the game.

You guys must really want to know about Sprixie mating rituals...

Toa 95 said:
No, it's not that. It's his tendency to remove any and all story from games that pisses me off to the extreme. That's exactly how he ruined Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

Solar Blaze said:
Toa 95 said:
No, it's not that. It's his tendency to remove any and all story from games that pisses me off to the extreme. That's exactly how he ruined Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

Implying that that post should have been taken seriously...

Bowser captured a fairy in a bottle. Hm, I think it's for resurrection.

The story doesn't really need to be complicated, it's Mario.

Solar Blaze said:
I'm mostly opposed to the fourth playable character, like the previous NSMB games. I'm okay with new characters and plots, however, I'm concerned that Nintendo don't really try to recycle elements from previous Mario games.

For sprixies, we need seven to rescue this time so previous fairies like Starlow or Kersti don't fit here. However it becomes very random since sprixies are not doing with Mario bros and Peach, and they seem to try to ruin any of Bowser's plan for no reason. While it's not Daisy or Toadette being kidnapped, Rosalina and Kersti were offensed by Bowser and he used their power to kidnap Peach, which created multiple victims.

NSY said:
The story doesn't really need to be complicated, it's Mario.
Yes. But complicacy isn't the biggest problem in SMB series. Contradictions are.

i'm pretty sure this "300-page treatment" was just a joke... i don't think movie scripts generally get more than 100 pages anyway

Nabber said:
i'm pretty sure this "300-page treatment" was just a joke... i don't think movie scripts generally get more than 100 pages anyway
Could've been written in really big font

Please no story about how the sprixie kingdom came into exsistance, all we need is Mario and party to stomp some goombas faces in and get to bowser and stomp his face. THE END

In all seriousness, this game looks amazing. I have never been so excited for a mario game in my life. I think this is going to be the culmanation of every mario game rolled into the best flagship mario game ever.

Dimitri said:
Please no story about how the sprixie kingdom came into exsistance, all we need is Mario and party to stomp some goombas faces in and get to bowser and stomp his face. THE END

In all seriousness, this game looks amazing. I have never been so excited for a mario game in my life. I think this is going to be the culmanation of every mario game rolled into the best flagship mario game ever.

Whether you were joking about the first statement or not, that still is a sad truth to some gamers. It makes Nintendo think that chugging out these rehashes and sequels of basically the same thing with no plot, no really hooking plot but just getting from Point A to Point B in each linear level is just laziness, as well as showing that Nintendo doesn't care about trying to go the extra step like they do in Zelda and Pokemon, but waste their potential and this stuff. The worse part about it is that their excellent series for Mario - Paper Mario, Mario Party, etc. - have been having a great decline in what they usually are because of the influence of the mainstream games and how Nintendo thinks that they should spoil those games rather than taking what is right in those games and influencing the mainstream games.

But I agree, this game is looking better than the others. I like the Sprixie stuff, because it adds new characters, and I love the fact that they are including a lot of interesting things rather than the usual NSMB-esque enemies. I feel that they need to go back to a more open world and a less linear thing of doing each level in each world in a specific order, and hopefully it won't be as bad in this game. The levels and enemies look very interesting, and the music actually sounds original rather than just the same friggin themes of 3DL or the NSMB themes blaring in the background.

It has potential, but (and sorry to seem pessimistic), I feel that it won't have much replay value like the NSMB and SM3DL have. It'll be fun on the first time through it, but then it probably won't be played again, unless the family wants to play it together. It's just as simple as that.

Agree. Even though there are things I'm extremely unhappy with, so far SM3DW adds lots of new good elements in playability and plot, much more than those dissapointing sequels to NSMB. If we can get more open and less linear gameplay, it would be more successful than the two Galaxy titles.

Back