• Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Re: New Super Mario 3D Title announced

Rocket J. Squirrel said:
inb4supermariogalaxy3

Please let it be true... Please let it be true... Please let it be true... Please let it be true...

I think it's Super Mario Galaxy 3.

Let me put down the clues.
1. This is a 3D Mario game BY THE SAME GUY WHO HELPED WITH THE SMG SERIES.
2. In one Nintendo Magazine, in a Q&A about Wii U, Nintendo said that's it's very likely that we will see a Super Mario Galaxy 3 on Wii U.
Yeah.

i don't get why people hate super mario galaxy 2 simply because it's similar to the other one. for example, i've never seen the first three sonic games suffer from these problems, and, essentially, they were pretty similar, despite adding a new character each time or something (and they were great games). so i'm not sure why super mario galaxy 2 suffers from this, especially considering it adds a quite a lot more than those games. super mario galaxy 2's levels were fun and well-designed. i'd honestly be pretty happy if it was super mario galaxy 3.

Rolf said:
i don't get why people hate super mario galaxy 2 simply because it's similar to the other one. for example, i've never seen the first three sonic games suffer from these problems, and, essentially, they were pretty similar, despite adding a new character each time or something (and they were great games). so i'm not sure why super mario galaxy 2 suffers from this, especially considering it adds a quite a lot more than those games. super mario galaxy 2's levels were fun and well-designed. i'd honestly be pretty happy if it was super mario galaxy 3.
Agreed.

Rolf said:
Before reading this post I didn't want there to be a Super Mario Galaxy 3. Now I want there to be one.

I don't really like smg to begin with so idk.

Levels looked more boring though and marios starship was nothing more than comedy relief but whatever.

Overall I'll be glad I never get the see the name SUPER MARIO GALAXY ever again.

I'll be the happiest gamer alive if the game ends up being Super Mario Galaxy 3.

I do want, however, that the game feels actually fresh like the first one. Galaxy 2 felt rushed and seemed lazily made. It was way too similar to 1. I'd like that this time the difference between 2 and 3 is comparable to that of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. Now THAT'S what I call a good sequel.

And Rosalina must appear again, of course.

Yeah no rosalina in the second one seems kinda bleh.

Samus Aran said:

Well, she did appear, but at the very end of the game.

Anser said:
Samus Aran said:

Well, she did appear, but at the very end of the game.

That's still pretty lackluster though.

Dorayaki said:
YoshiKong said:
Super Mario is on His Way: The Nintendo EAD Tokyo Software Development team that created the Super Mario Galaxy games for Wii and Super Mario 3D Land for Nintendo 3DS is working on a new 3D Mario action game for Wii U. The game is scheduled to be playable at this year's E3.
Not gratifying. Where's DK Country U?
DK is a silly side series that just got a game

IMO, side series should get a game like every three years and the main ones one every one/two years

I really don't care what it is,as long as it ain't New Super Mario Bros. 3D.

the mario series is already on the right track, people on here just seems not to like mario anymore, my bet is that you guys would still be dissapointed in it regardless when it's revealed, oh well. :)

Rolf said:
thank you, everyone (exaggeration) loves super mario galaxy 2 on every other site i visit, yet ironically on a MARIO forum, mostly everyone here hates it. certain members on this forums are just plain ol' negative, which is why i barely visit here anymore.

videofreakboy91 said:
the mario series is already on the right track, NSY just seems not to like mario anymore, my bet is that you would still be dissapointed in it regardless when it's revealed, oh well. :)

I wouldn't really say on the right track.

It's constant spam of nsmb and other dreadful titles have brought many to question the mario series in general.

Then again a lot of people here don't bow down to nintendo just because they released another game either, or at least some people in this topic.

thank you, everyone (exaggeration) loves super mario galaxy 2 on every other site i visit, yet ironically on a MARIO forum, mostly everyone here hates it. certain members on this forums are just plain ol' negative, which is why i barely visit here anymore.

Yeah it's bad to dislike something that is popular, I agree.

Rolf said:
Well, the levels were way too linear, the hub was absolutely horrid, the music was mostly rehashed, a lot of good ideas barely appeared, the galaxies were small, few NPCs with any real significance to them, it lacked a lot the great level design the original had, etc.

It wasn't a horrid game. But it was pushing the limits, and if they make another game, I have high doubts it'll be much better unless Nintendo really decides to try this time. And to be honest, we don't need another sequel, we need an original title.
Samus Aran said:
Sigging.

Samus Aran said:
videofreakboy91 said:
the mario series is already on the right track, NSY just seems not to like mario anymore, my bet is that you would still be dissapointed in it regardless when it's revealed, oh well. :)

It's constant spam of nsmb and other dreadful titles have brought many to question the mario series in general.

Then again a lot of people here don't bow down to nintendo just because they released another game either, or at least some people in this topic.

i just mentioned it was ironic and that there is too much negativity on this forum, when you would expect the opposite. that's all. bye.

videofreakboy91 said:
Samus Aran said:
videofreakboy91 said:

i just mentioned it was ironic and that there is too much negativity on this forum, when you would expect the opposite. that's all. bye.

uh... even though you're gone you must visit forums that shine rainbows and puppies because quite frankly this place ain't that negative.

Samus Aran said:
videofreakboy91 said:

people exxagerate with the nsmb titles, they released two this year, and i doubt we will see another in a while. none of their games were dreadful as of recent, i just find it weird that most people here are against mario when this is a mario forum. i come on here because i love mario not because i think the series is ruined. it makes no sense.

Samus Aran said:
videofreakboy91 said:
Samus Aran said:
videofreakboy91 said:

uh... even though you're gone you must visit forums that shine rainbows and puppies because quite frankly this place ain't that negative.
yay rainbows and puppies!

Gundam Tanaka said:
Well, the levels were way too linear, the hub was absolutely horrid, the music was mostly rehashed, a lot of good ideas barely appeared, the galaxies were small, few NPCs with any real significance to them, it lacked a lot the great level design the original had, etc.

that's fine by me. i just dislike it when people hate it solely for the reason i talked about.

or because yoshi's in it (i wonder who this refers to?)

or because rosalina isn't in it

in fact, i'd even say i'd agree with one or two of your points.

Rolf said:
Gundam Tanaka said:

that's fine by me. i just dislike it when people hate it solely for the reason i talked about. in fact, i'd even say i'd agree with one or two of your points.

or because yoshi's in it (i wonder who this refers to?)

or because rosalina isn't in it
it wasn't even bad, people make it seem like it was the worst game on here.

videofreakboy91 said:
Samus Aran said:
videofreakboy91 said:

people exxagerate with the nsmb titles, they released two this year, and i doubt we will see another in a while. none of their games were dreadful as of recent, i just find it weird that most people here are against mario when this is a mario forum. i come on here because i love mario not because i think the series is ruined. it makes no sense.

People don't think the series is ruined, but people are tired of nsmb in general. It repeats many of the same elements(such as same visual style and rehashed ost), it is not exarated in the least, there is good reason for people to dislike it. Many people also don't like paper mario sticker star because it lacks personality and many of the previous elements in the series that made paper mario what it was known for. MK7 wasn't liked much because of coin grinding and terrible character choices(although mario kart in general isn't really appreciated anyway), and to top it off mario party 9 made other horrible choices with lack of choices on the boards, bad character choices, and some other things.

People are allowed to be negative or dislike something, and why you think people come here to be negative about the mario series is quite stupid. Many people adore the mario series, such as myself, but everyone im sure still wants games with a bit more variety and effort put into them.

it wasn't even bad, people make it seem like it was the worst game on here.

You don't pay much attention to you?

If we wanted to talk about the worst game on here we'd just look at nsmb2, hotel mario, yoshis island ds, marios time machine, mario is missing, m&l2: pit, or whatever other game that is actually bad.

SMG2 is disliked because it claims it was a sequel and just seemed like nothing more than expansion with lower quality ideas.

I myself haven't played it, but I don't like smg to begin with.

Back