Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I haven't played the game, but I can try to give my favorites. Will update if I change my mind.

My favorite nitro is Cloudtop Cruise

My favorite retro is N64 Rainbow Road

My favorite retro and nitro DLC is GCN Yoshi Circuit and Hyrule Circuit respectively.

My favorites are Grumble Volcano, N64 Rainbow Road, Cloudtop Cruise, Big Blue, Mute City, 3DS DK Jungle, Wario's Gold Mine and Mount Wario.

1 lap courses are too short and boring on 200cc so i can't really vote for them

Even it's a mite short but at least you get to lap opponents, which is fun

I have too many to list. I love MK8's selection. Although some tracks are kind of bleh.

What I love: Piranha Plant Slide, Cheese Land, Superbell Subway, Dolphin Shoals, Bowser's Castle, Dragon Driftway, Thwomp Ruins.

Some tracks they didn't do so well with. I like N64 Yoshi Valley but the roads are very wide and not narrow. Same with Toad's Turnpike which is just way too wide. I also like N64 Rainbow Road, but it's too short. I've said this before, either they should have left it one lap but make it very long or make it 2 laps and keep it the length it is in the game. Water Park is not that fun and I'd pick Donut Plains over it. Hyrule Circuit isn't as fun as I imagined. I overhype's myself when I saw it and really, it was sort of a let down. Also Rainbow Road isn't visually appealing. The colors are dull, I do like the layout though

does anyone think the next new mario kart game might be on the new 3ds? every odd-numbered mario kart has been on a handheld (excluding the first game). as for myself i'm really not sure, i'm just hoping that we get a new one period...

I liked Mario Circuit (Wii U) mainly because I find the track to be bright, colourful, and packed with my favourite variation of the main theme. Mount Wario is also a very good pick because every part of the track is different (thanks to having only one path).

As for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, although I have the original Mario Kart 8, I wouldn't mind getting the Deluxe version down the path only because it's got enough features to justify getting it, namely the ability to hold 2 items, new Battle Mode stages, and the Inklings. I wonder if there are more to come. Also, I am glad Miis will make a return (in fact, I would like Miis in other games, but that's my unpopular opinion), because it feels amazing to play as my avatar.

Nyrie said:
does anyone think the next new mario kart game might be on the new 3ds? every odd-numbered mario kart has been on a handheld (excluding the first game). as for myself i'm really not sure, i'm just hoping that we get a new one period...

Would be surprising (or not, now that I called it) if it would be Mario Kart 7 Deluxe, featuring some new tracks and old tracks from Mario Kart 8. At the very least if that happens, Waluigi has to return.

Thanks for reading.

I honestly find every track in 8 enjoyable to some extent. The one I like the least is Neo Bowser City, and only because of that S-curve on 200cc.

MarioKartGamerDude said:
What are you most excited about for MK8 Deluxe?
the new characters, particularly dry bones and king boo
battle mode also looks very nice but i was never into battle mode too much so idk if i'll use it often

Mister Wu said:
Also, curious to see the Italian site of the game, for reasons I won't disclose.
Just a guess here, but is it to see if they mention the Koopalings' relation to Bowser and/or Bowser Jr?

MarioKartGamerDude said:
What are you most excited about for MK8 Deluxe?
122px-MK8_Deluxe_Art_-_Cape_Feather.png

Not the item itself (although that's still exciting), but just having official 3D artwork of it. I'm weird that way.
Now to wait on Pauline's 3D artwork

excited for the potential of seeing "You hit Wario!" a bazillion times in battle mode

Back