Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

LeftyGreenMario said:
I sometimes pair Mario into ugly combinations (like badwagon with roller tires so it looks like it's missing tires or a sports bike with button tires so Mario looks larger than the bike he's driving on).

I also think button tires look horrible on pretty much everything.
Even the Teddy Buggy? I'd think they'd look right at home on that one.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
And the Cushion tires look terrible on anything.
I think the Teddy Buggy would look appropriate with these, too, if only for the theme.

I like making Baby Mario drive on Cushion tires. I want him to drive on the wackiest contraptions possible.

Nah, we have GLA tires. Best looking ones.

Aside from the Retro Off-Road tires, I also love using the Leaf tires and the Wood tires. As for the gliders, I like the Peach Parasol and the Super Glider the most.

I also like the Sponge tires, but I only use them when I'm using DK.

I've now made a backup kart for Peach and Pink Gold Peach if I get tired of constantly using the Badwagon and I don't feel like using their bikes.

MK8_PGPeach_Icon.png
+
MK8PGPPFIcon.png
+
WoodTiresMK8.png
+
SuperGliderMK8.png

MK8_Peach_Icon.png
+
MK8PinkPFIcon.png
+
Retro_Off-Road.png
+
SuperGliderMK8.png

As for Cat Peach, she doesn't need a backup kart. She and her Cat Cruiser are already purrfect.

My go-to combo is this:
MK8_Roy_Icon.png
+
120px-YoshiBikeBodyMK8.png
+
100px-CrimsonSlimTiresMK8.png
+
100px-BowserKiteMK8.png

A heavier character (and my favorite Koopaling) so as not to get pushed around, better acceleration because mishaps happen, the Bowser Kite because Bowser, and Yoshi thrown in for good measure!

But for 200cc, I go with something with a little more control:
MK8_Lemmy_Icon.png
+
120px-LandshipBodyMK8.png
+
100px-ButtonTiresMK8.png
+
100px-BowserKiteMK8.png

Admittedly, I don't actually remember which tires I used, but I'm pretty sure it was the Buttons.

42 characters. Is that it? (Edit: expecting to exceed smash4's original roster)

Coin Runners/Battle returns as well. I wonder if the blue shell will appear in battle mode.

And I'm guessing that's Shine mode is Shine Thief from Double Dash?

Swiftie_Luma said:
New battle arenas revealed.
Two look inspired from Sweet Sweet Canyon and Dragon Driftway, respectively. And it looks like 3DS Wuhu Town is making a comeback. Not sure that the moon-inspired battle course is.
Also there's now a Gold version of Metal Mario.
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX has Gold Mario as an alt costume for Metal Mario, if I recall correctly.

ArthurEngine said:
Now 5 clones of Mario?

Yep, proven that Super Kart Bros Deluxe has gotten lazier and lazier with their choices for characters.

Not really. Since Double Dash there has always been lazy clone characters, they were just less obvious about it.

Has anyone else caught on that the Sweet Sweet Canyon BGM sounds a bit different in the Nintendo Switch port?

MnSG said:
Has anyone else caught on that the Sweet Sweet Canyon BGM sounds a bit different in the Nintendo Switch port?

I notice this right away. I wonder if it's for the Sweet Sweet Canyon Style battle stage. Unless they just felt like revising Sweet Sweet Canyon and they are going ahead and revising more music. But I doubt it and Nintendo is being lazy and reusing music.

i wouldn't call them lazy on this case considering the entire soundtrack in the vanilla game for Wii U was orchestated.

They would obviously reuse it.

The Battle Modes from the past games have returned, as expected. However, there is one new one: Renegade Roundup. Renegade Roundup looks interesting: it's like cops-and-robbers, where one team uses Piranha Plants to chase the other team.

Keidoro02_LR.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Oh ohhh OHHHHH

Now that's of my interest.

Call me whatever but i remember playing that as a child with kids at school sooooo many times. That was the IT game lol. Everybody got to play.

Im very very interested in that mode

Back