Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I've been playing alot of this game recently, and I really enjoy the game.

I like the Hot Monster tires because they look cool, but I don't use them because their stats are terrible.

It seems pretty funny how the parts that I like to use also offer good acceleration attributes.

Grunty Industries said:
Did you actually pick them because they look good, because of their stats or both?

I'd pretty much say both. I grew attached to using Rosalina with the Biddybuggy when I played the demo, but I couldn't use the Azure Roller tires, so I had to stick with the Roller tires until I finally acquired the Azure Roller tires in the main game.

MnSG said:
I'd pretty much say both. I grew attached to using Rosalina with the Biddybuggy when I played the demo, but I couldn't use the Azure Roller tires, so I had to stick with the Roller tires until I finally acquired the Azure Roller tires in the main game.
I have to say the combo looks good.

I've been playing this game alot recently, and I've now found my vehicle combos for each of my three mains:

MK8_PGPeach_Icon.png
+
BadwagonBodyMK8.png
+
Leaf_Tires_MK8.png
+
PeachParasolGliderMK8.png

MK8_PGPeach_Icon.png
+
CityTripper-Brown-MK8.png
+
WoodTiresMK8.png
+

MK8_Peach_Icon.png
+
BadwagonBodyMK8.png
+
Leaf_Tires_MK8.png
+

MK8_Peach_Icon.png
+
StandardBikeBodyMK8.png
+
Retro_Off-Road.png
+

MK8_Cat_Peach_Icon.png
+
CatCruiserBodyMK8.png
+
Retro_Off-Road.png
+

MK8_Cat_Peach_Icon.png
+
TheDukeBodyMK8.png
+
Blue_Standard.png
+

I tried getting as high handling and traction as I could, while still having a vehicle which I thought looked good.

Gee, why do you care about amiibo suits that much, enough to complain about it a second time in this thread?

DejiHime said:
The amiibo support gets in my skin more. Where is muh glow in the dark boo suit? Daisy suit?
DejiHime said:
Saw this on Reddit, now I wish it was real :-[

[/quote]
Baby Luigi's right. Although that other Daisy fan did complain about amiibo support in Mario Kart 8.

Magikrazy said:
I think you're mistaking him for someone else.

I think he is the same user. There are signs that point towards it.

*He derides Inklings like how the other user does
*His most wanted in Mario Sports Superstars is Baby Peach/Baby Daisy, like the other user.
*Derides how the characters move in Mario Sports Superstars soccer, like the other user.
*He cares this much about amiibo suits.

also, I believe mmman is not above creating alts, since he's done the same in GFAQs.

Alex95 said:
Or Marth himself in a go-kart. That'd be funny to see.

Can the amiibo just unlock characters, please?!!
To be fair, when there's the possibility of having Midna riding Wolf Link riding a bike, everything else, while still being awesome, becomes less of a priority, in my opinion...

I just realized something.

Back in 2014 I made this video featuring an 8-bit remix of MK8's Rainbow Road theme. I mostly used SMK-style sprites of characters in MK8, but I used 3 characters who weren't in it.

Dry Bones, Bowser Jr., and King Boo. Then guess what happens. Those exact characters are the returning veterans in MK8 Deluxe. What are the odds.

MK8_Rosalina_Icon.png
+
StandardKartBodyMK8.png
+
AzureRollerTiresMK8.png
+

MK8_Rosalina_Icon.png
+
CityTripper-LightBlue-MK8.png
+
WoodTiresMK8.png
+

Was messing around a bit with the game and found these two combos for Rosalina. I don't use her that much though, even though I really like her.

so since this game has been out for nearly 3 years now, what are everyone's favorite tracks? my top ones are cheese land, neo bowser city, dolphin shoals, wario's gold mine, and piranha plant slide.

I like Piranha Plant Slide, but it's even more fun to race on with 7 laps and Smooth Criminal's playing as its music.

Sunshine Airport, Dragon Driftway, DK Jungle, and Ribbon Road are also nice tracks.

In fact, I like most tracks though I very dislike Cheese Land, Bone-Dry Dunes, Yoshi Valley and Dolphin Shoals. They're tame compared to the cream of the crap: Yoshi Falls, Yoshi Valley (N64 incarnation), Cheep Cheep Lagoon, Maka Wuhu, and Choco Island 2, though.

My favorites of the Nitro Tracks (that I've played—I still haven't experienced the DLC yet), for each cup, are Water Park, Shy Guy Falls, Dolphin Shoals, and Bone-Dry Dunes

Back