Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

My PC part of me is annoyed, please don't throw around "OCD" and "trigger" like that.

Also, roster placement doesn't budge me an inch. Though I guess I'll miss my adult Marios being right at three corners.

The real blasphemy is that Lemmy is before Larry.

Everybody knows Larry is the greatest of the koopalings thus he should come first.

The amiibo support gets in my skin more. Where is muh glow in the dark boo suit? Daisy suit?

Mcmadness said:
The real blasphemy is that Lemmy is before Larry.

Everybody knows Larry is the greatest of the koopalings thus he should come first.

Common knowledge tells me Ludwig is the best and greatest Koopaling so the order is wrong from the getgo.

Fresh Bowser said:
You're all wrong. Leston is clearly the greatest of Koopalings.

Get his name right.

It's More tons

Ludwig is the oldest and most talented.

(Roy is my favorite, but I can't deny Ludwig's skill and good looks I mean wait what)

Most spammed*

If popularity was measured by stats in MK, then Daisy and Funky would be the most popular characters of their own series , and ironically that scenario is as fake as Daisy's tan.

Swiftie_Luma said:
If popularity was measured by stats in MK, then Daisy and Funky would be the most popular characters of their own series , and ironically that scenario is as fake as Daisy's tan.

^ :lol:

I think my favorite of the Koopalings is Iggy.

J-Yoshi64 said:
Morton gets even less love overall :(
Actually, I really like Morton and I don't know even exactly why, sicne he's meant to be bad and ugly, there's something in him that just resonates with me - maybe even beside him being big and fat and his padded feet that stand out more thanks to his darker skin:
JyGWy3x.jpg

I would just like to point out that in the sketch where Bowser's redesign isn't even finalized yet, Morton already appeared as a complete character, even though much younger than he is now, which means he might have been one of the first Koopalings conceived, designed already in 1986!

Griffin4 said:
I like Lemmy...
LudwigVon said:
I really like Lemmy, he is my second favorite.
YoshiGo99 said:
Lemmy and Iggy definitely for me.
dnbmho7.jpg

YoshiGo99 said:
But i still think the Koopalings took up wasted space
If you mean that for adding the Koopalings, the development team didn't manage to end up the development of other characters, the director pretty much admitted that, and I agree that it was sad, as having favorite characters at the expenses of others' favorite characters leaves with mixed feelings and end up generating hatred, if you talk about the "slots theory" - the Koopalings occupying slots in the character select screen that could have been used for other characters but they coudln't be added because the screen didn't allow so many slots, I would like to point out how many slots they actually had available, without even counting the multi-slot feature:
MK8DX_Character_Roster.png

Keep in mind that in handheld mode, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has a resolution of 1280 × 720 just like the Wii U one, forced by the Switch's screen. They have so many slots that they even splitted the Villagers.

I'm pretty sure you meant the former, so I agree even though for me they are the best addition to any Mario Kart roster I've seen so far.

The four ones the they wanted were Dry Bones, Bowser Jr, King Boo and Diddy Kong. Only Diddy Kong didn't make it to Deluxe. Those squids probably stole their time :mad:

Looks like Diddy isn't the only one who didn't make it to Deluxe. Birdo and Funky didn't make it either. :(

And to add to this, again, I feel that Mario Kart 8 has turned into Super Kart Brothers.

DejiHime said:
The four ones the they wanted were Dry Bones, Bowser Jr, King Boo and Diddy Kong. Only Diddy Kong didn't make it to Deluxe. Those squids probably stole their time :mad:
They added three characters fans were demanding be put in. And you're still mad because one of the four they wanted to add isn't in? And you're blaming a couple of special guest characters who they added as a bonus, even though they didn't have to, and even though characters getting in don't have any bearing on other characters getting in?
Wow.

Swiftie_Luma said:

You can say the same thing for Rosalina and Metal Mario. :mario:

Someone is pressed...

Yet another salty person bringing up a character to try to get a reaction because he has no real argument.

Sad , what has the world turned into? Such a tragedy.

Back