Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Uhh Okay Not to be a killjoy here but...

:-\ Are uhh... are we still talking about mario kart here?

Big, Small, Tall, Short, Fat, Skinny, Who Cares? the only thing their size is good for is setting up the standard on who you should pick for races vs. actually picking a favorite or a random racer just for the heck of it..

*cough*coughmortoncough*

still that aside i'm still a little curious on what the Nintendo Treehouse mean when they say the finish product will have "a few surprises" well the new battle modes is one of em i wonder what the rest will be?

i know there won't be any new tracks but one can dream right?

Re: Mario Kart 8

I am still shocked that we have four Mario series amiibo unsupported, whilst they bothered to add support for ALL the Animal Crossing amiibo (existing costume) and Inkling Boy/Girl/Squid.

Daisy could have gotten a flower based suit with Princess ORANGE decorations on the suit and her 60's hairstyle on the helmet. Maybe a mini daisy on the top.

Waluigi's one could have a crooked nose, and long moustache.

Boo's one should have glowed whenever a Mii reaches a dark area. I thought both of them were locks, especially as they added King Boo to the game.

Bowser Jr could unlock a suit with a bandana.

I mean, they couldn't even add Diddy Kong to the game in general, and he has a new Mario series amiibo.

Yet they bothered to add a motocross suit. And people wonder why amiibo are only used as collectables.

The main reason I bought amiibos was because of Smash, not because of getting a Mii costume I'll never use because I don't play as Miis.

Grunty Industries said:
The main reason I bought amiibos was because of Smash, not because of getting a Mii costume I'll never use because I don't play as Miis.

It's going to be an even bigger problem in Smash, unless they add other amiibo content or add new Mario fighters. Just because YOU don't care, doesn't mean it's not a problem.

Again it's not that unheard of for certain amiibo to get the cold shoulder. The Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card's only purpose is to temporarily unlock Shadow Mewtwo in Pokken Tournament, but once Shadow Mewtwo is officially unlocked, the amiibo card becomes nothing more than a collectible.

I like how meme pretends that just because Daisy and company is said to have 0 support for amiibos in MK8 means that Nintendo completely ditched Amiibos for the matter.

For 1 , Daisy does not represent most amiibos.

For 2 , i think he forgets that Sports Super Stars is coming and it has amiibo support.

For 3 , Amiibos in general are carried over to the Switch so there´s always a chance in future games they will be supported.

Dear meme man , stop pretending that not having a supported amiibo in MK8 is relevant because it certainly its not.

Wario out of all people does not have a supported amiibo , and that its more unbelieveable than Daisy Mcnuggets or Wa wa wa being ditched as Wario is clearly more relevant and he actually has a biker suit that could make up as a costume.

But you dont see anybody crying about it , so stop.

Amiibos are cheap, fairly high-quality figurines anyway, so it's not too bad that they don't get support for all games.

i agree , except for Smash Peach.

After looking at the ones in the presentation and the actual copies sold , i felt scammed.

memoryman3 said:
And people wonder why amiibo are only used as collectables.

That's pretty much the only intent people buy amiibo in the first place. You can't complain about that when most of the appeal of amiibo is to collect and display them on your shelf.

Baby Luigi said:
That's pretty much the only intent people buy amiibo in the first place. You can't complain about that when most of the appeal of amiibo is to collect and display them on your shelf.

That is precisely the reason I've always wanted them, besides of their use in the games associated with them.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I like how meme pretends that just because Daisy and company is said to have 0 support for amiibos in MK8 means that Nintendo completely ditched Amiibos for the matter.

For 2 , i think he forgets that Sports Super Stars is coming and it has amiibo support.

For 3 , Amiibos in general are carried over to the Switch so there´s always a chance in future games they will be supported.

Dear meme man , stop pretending that not having a supported amiibo in MK8 is relevant because it certainly its not.

Wario out of all people does not have a supported amiibo , and that its more unbelieveable than Daisy Mcnuggets or Wa wa wa being ditched as Wario is clearly more relevant and he actually has a biker suit that could make up as a costume.

But Wario IS supported in Mario Kart 8. With his regular Super Mario outfit.

Funny fact, Daisy is supported in Miitopia whilst Wario isn't.

Re: Mario Kart Wii U

Fresh Bowser said:
Maybe something from Super Mario Galaxy as well. (An actual galaxy, complete with gravitational fields, I'd like to see how that could be implemented)
I just realized I kinda predicted how MK8 would have anti-gravity.

memoryman3 said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

But Wario IS supported in Mario Kart 8. With his regular Super Mario outfit.

Funny fact, Daisy is supported in Miitopia whilst Wario isn't.

But not with the outfit i mentioned.

I will give it to you though , but even so , i dont think Daisy not being supported in MK8 is that big of a deal.

You can start worrying if its Sports Super Stars tho.

It's not just Daisy who's affected by this.

Waluigi, Boo, Diddy Kong (who's not in the game) and Bowser Jr too.

We have costumes for Megaman, Sonic, and Pac Man but not Ryu.

Yarn Poochy doesn't work.

The Inklings work, but not Callie or Marie.

Only Link and Toon Link work. Zelda and Ganondorf are left out.

Yet all Animal Crossing series amiibo work fine. They could have made a Fire Emblem costume for all Fire Emblem characters.

i'd prefer a fire emblem outfit to a daisy outfit t b q h

more fire emblem everywhere please i feel the series is underrepresented in general : ^ )

you know what bothers me most about mario kart 8 deluxe?

kqWTqcA.png

this shit
why the hell are bowser jr and dry bones placed like this
they should be the other way around, so bowser jr is next to his dad and dry bones is next to the other skeleton character
screaming

MK8DX_Character_Roster.png

Losing my OCD.

Nyrie said:
this *bleep*
they should be the other way around, so bowser jr is next to his dad and dry bones is next to the other skeleton character
screaming
This should be in this order: Bowser, then Bowser Jr, then Dry Bowser, then King Boo. And Dry Bones should be next to Koopa Troopa or Toadette.

you've made me think of this now, why isn't toadette next to toad??? jesus christ mk8d get your shit together

Nyrie said:
you know what bothers me most about mario kart 8 deluxe?

kqWTqcA.png

this shit
screaming

"We at Nintendo have heard your complaints and have decided to act accordingly to fix it"

lH4Gu6Z.png

(Because Dry Bowser is technically still his Dad)

that's mild OCD for you.

It kinda triggers me too.

The same with the 2 Animal lovers right next to Rosalina.

What a sin.

I do like the first and third rows, for what it's worth. Pink Gold Peach fits a lot better next to Metal Mario.

Magikrazy said:
I do like the first and third rows, for what it's worth. Pink Gold Peach fits a lot better next to Metal Mario.
That's the same thing I'm thinking, but mostly in the case of the main Mario girls (Peach/Daisy/Rosalina) and their baby counterparts. And yes, I still can't believe I'm having to add Pink Gold Peach to the representation when I choose who I want to be as for each race.

Back