Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

If Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy share the same roster slot, that makes 36 from the original roster + 4 new = 40 total.
I don't know if this game will add more characters (aside to the confirmed new characters) to reach 50 playable characters total.

Source?

lmao they can't be serious

guess it's intended for people who don't already own it...?

That is not a 60 dollar game. The value should have deteriorated since the past 2 or so years Mario Kart 8 was released.

40 is more reasonable.

I guess it is too much to hope for that there might be more content we haven't seen yet?

Veterans King Boo, Bowser Jr. and Dry Bones made their grand return. SO HAPPY!

And now the veterans I want to return are Diddy Kong, Birdo and Petey Piranha (to have Double Dash!! reunion).
And Mario-newcomers Kamek and Professor E. Gadd.
And Captain Falcon.

DRY BONES. DRY BONES!

oh it's 60 dollars and doesn't have new tracks
ok...................................

i swear they better have some discount for people who already have the game

the 'definitive edition' practice is shitty and has been normalised by other devs after years of push so if this sells well even with that price tag i can imagine nintendo developing a smash for switch definitive edition with extra content and really thats all im remotely excited for

well that prospect and the luigi's mansion stage and bob omb blast because agh my childhood

oh and inklings

at least nintendo dlc is for the most part quality so if this gets more stuff developed for it post-launch i'd be wrapped

reply 8888

:dk2:

Well Nintendo listened , im so glad.

Sadly , we got no Birdo or Diddy Kong.

That would have make it perfect for everybody.

Nabber said:

It most certainly is. The Wii U had good games but sold like shit, so that's why they're doing a port. So people will actually buy the games they made.

GalacticPetey said:
Nabber said:

It most certainly is. The Wii U had good games but sold like shit, so that's why they're doing a port. So people will actually buy the games they made.
didnt mk8 have the most insane attach rate for the wii u and outsell double dash by a margin

not to mention dlc costs

more like
So *more* people will actually buy the games they made
even though thats not a necessity for this particular title

Well , ill speak for myself

I will not get this on release or the same year, probably after one year because this is not for me

I already got everything for me in MK8.

Rohan Kishibe said:
GalacticPetey said:
Nabber said:

didnt mk8 have the most insane attach rate for the wii u and outsell double dash by a margin

not to mention dlc costs

more like
So *more* people will actually buy the games they made
even though thats not a necessity for this particular title
It was a high attach rate, but it's still a Wii U game. Sold well for a Wii U game, but that's still not very high.

Nyrie said:
DRY BONES. DRY BONES!

oh it's 60 dollars and doesn't have new tracks
ok...................................

i swear they better have some discount for people who already have the game

Chances are, no. And I don't recall the Nintendo Network being mentioned during the Nintendo Switch presentation either. Whether or not this means that Miiverse and the Nintendo eShop will be closing up shop remains a mystery at this point.

Anyway, the main downside on my end right now is knowing that I pretty much won't be getting a Nintendo Switch until later during the year, but I doubt that the price will be dropping by next Christmas.

GalacticPetey said:
It was a high attach rate, but it's still a Wii U game. Sold well for a Wii U game, but that's still not very high.
8 million units on the wii u, outselling the next bestseller by 3 million units and landing it snuggly above smg2 on the wii for sales seems pretty high actually so to me, this feels less like nintendo trying to make up for poor sales and more in line with other company practices to ride off the coattails of the previous generation to promote a new one through hd remasters and the like tbqh

i mean no one's going to be buying this game at launch who doesn't already own Mario kart 8 because early switch adopters are gonna mostly be diehard Nintendo fans

and no one who owns Mario kart 8 will buy this because why would you

so who is it for????

Watching Treehouse Live and they changed the music for GCN Luigi's Mansion, so it's no longer GCN Bowser's Castle but instead DS Luigi's Mansion.

This angers me more than it should.

On a different note I never realized before the shape of the map was supposed to be like the Poltergust.

Back