Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

About time I got off my lazy butt and started posting here again. :P

Well, I have a Wii U on my Christmas wishlist, as for which of the three Mario-related bundles, that's a surprise that's completely random. Even if I don't get this, I'm going to end up getting it at some point for sure. :D

Shiny Umbreon said:
My favourite Rainbow Road is the 3DS one. It's awesome and I'm glad it's a stage in Smash 3DS. My favourite track out of any track is Airship Fortress.
A high-five is required in this situation.

I hope at least one GBA track is in Pack 2. C'mon Nintendo, don't have only one Super Circuit track two games in a row.

Lumastar said:
Pakkuman said:
Nysic said:
I hope at least one GBA track is in Pack 2. C'mon Nintendo, don't have only one Super Circuit track two games in a row.
Ribbon Road
Or Cheese Land.

It will unfortunately be Sky Garden. At least we get to finally see it in HD!
Didn't they bring that back in MKDS?

Flareon said:
Lumastar said:
Pakkuman said:
Nysic said:
Ribbon Road
Or Cheese Land.

It will unfortunately be Sky Garden. At least we get to finally see it in HD!
Didn't they bring that back in MKDS?
What about Yoshi Circuit? Or SNES Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 7?

True, but it's upsetting that people are paying for a couple cool tracks and tracks they already brought back instead of more cool tracks and tracks they have yet to bring back

No I didn't buy the pack because I only had enough money for SSB4 Wii U and the 2 Pokemon games

I got the dlc. The eight new tracks, the new karts,the new characters, they're great.

My favorite to use is Tanooki Mario.

Now that I've had this game for over six months, I have to get something off my chest.

I think that out of the home console Mario Kart games, Mario Kart 8 is the absolute worst.

Don't get me wrong, it is an awesome game, but I think it's the weakest and blandest out of all of them. It doesn't offer any challenge, it's not innovative at all (the anti-gravity is barely noticeable and it's not as game-changing as they make it want to be). Sometimes I feel like it's just yet another kart racing game with Mario characters plastered on it.

Meh, Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 are competing for the bottom of the barrel, not Mario Kart 8, IMO. At least Mario Kart 8 has Wario and much better controls.

Dr. Mario's Drunken Holiday Elixir said:
Meh, Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 are competing for the bottom of the barrel, not Mario Kart 8, IMO. At least Mario Kart 8 has Wario and much better controls.
Wario was in MK64

Also I think that competition is between SMK and MKSC for the worst one. 64 is one of the best.

Snawfulthemerry25 said:
Dr. Mario's Drunken Holiday Elixir said:
Wario was in MK64

Also I think that competition is between SMK and MKSC for the worst one. 64 is one of the best.
Yeah, I know that, but Mario Kart 64 is marred by terrible controls and AI. Mario Kart 8 had Wario and the lack of insane rubberbanding and Toad's Turnpike: The BS version.

SMK, MKSC and MK64 all sucked lol

the only good tracks out of those are SNES Rainbow Road, Royal Raceway and probably 1 or 2 more from 64.

No mention of Sunset Wilds, Ribbon Road, Cheese Land, or Lakeside Park?

Ah well, I thought those were neat tracks.

tbh all tracks in smk and mksc look the same to me

rainbow road always stood out to me because of the difficulty and the music though

Anser said:
It doesn't offer any challenge, it's not innovative at all (the anti-gravity is barely noticeable and it's not as game-changing as they make it want to be). Sometimes I feel like it's just yet another kart racing game with Mario characters plastered on it.

Well duh, of course it doesn't offer any challenge, Mario Kart is not a challenging series unless you count rubberband AI from the earlier Mario Karts as "difficulty and challenging".

Mario Kart doesn't focus on innovative changes, it focuses on small tweaks that are enough to be noticeable but not too different from the mainstay formula. It's partially the reason why the series is very attractive, considering its formula works and still does. Mario Kart benefits from a multiplayer environment so if you're looking for a deep-racing experience solo, this isn't the right game to pick.

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:
It doesn't offer any challenge, it's not innovative at all (the anti-gravity is barely noticeable and it's not as game-changing as they make it want to be). Sometimes I feel like it's just yet another kart racing game with Mario characters plastered on it.

Well duh, of course it doesn't offer any challenge, Mario Kart is not a challenging series unless you count rubberband AI from the earlier Mario Karts as "difficulty and challenging".

Mario Kart doesn't focus on innovative changes, it focuses on small tweaks that are enough to be noticeable but not too different from the mainstay formula. It's partially the reason why the series is very attractive, considering its formula works and still does. Mario Kart benefits from a multiplayer environment so if you're looking for a deep-racing experience solo, this isn't the right game to pick.

Unlocking Petey Piranha and King Boo in Double Dash, and Rosalina in Mario Kart Wii (without a Galaxy save file) aren't exactly child's play, you know.

I didn't find unlocking Petey and King Boo too hard, just tedious. Can't speak for Rosalina since I had a Galaxy save file.

Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

Unlocking Petey Piranha and King Boo in Double Dash, and Rosalina in Mario Kart Wii (without a Galaxy save file) aren't exactly child's play, you know.

Pfft, no, getting a star in 150cc cups isn't tough at all. The worst I usually do is get double stars if I try and things go out as they should.

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

Pfft, no, getting a star in 150cc cups isn't tough at all. The worst I usually do is get double stars if I try and things go out as they should.

You mean if you don't get blue shelled right before the finish line?

Back