Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Maᴙio said:
The coins do accumulate in multiplayer, doesn't it?

Time Trials can also increase your coin count, which never happened in Mario Kart 7.

MnSG said:
Maᴙio said:
The coins do accumulate in multiplayer, doesn't it?

Time Trials can also increase your coin count, which never happened in Mario Kart 7.
That's why it was such a pain in the ass!

I used Time Trials, hoping the coins would come sooner. Nope. I was dying as I attempted to get the coins.

Today is the day I finally got 3 stars on every cup on every CC! Took forever, but White Yoshi did it. :)

Still would have preferred actual Mario characters that weren't clones though.

I don't want to have to believe that Mario and Peach while in Tanooki and Cat form got bored one day and went a few days into the past (or future if you consider Mario Kart 8 to be after 3D World canonically) to have some rounds of Mario Kart. Look I can even believe that Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach are like Mario and Peach from the future or are robots of sorts but not boredom.

Hey look at me trying to put Mario Kart into canon when it's actually harder than ever now.

At least from what I've seen the CPUs will never use DLC characters or vehicles even after you buy and download them.

Please Read

A weird thing just happened.
I recently updated the game and purchased all the DLC packs on my profile. Then I switched to another my brother's profile. ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE UNLOCKED (he didn't unlocked Pink Gold Peach yet, as well as few of the Koopalings before the update), and purchased all the DLC packs even though I only purchased it on my profile. I checked on another profile. Only the default playable characters are displayed, but the DLC characters are already purchased.
Does it mean that purchased DLC can shared to other profiles on the same Wii U?

EDIT: I don't remember if I unlock the rest of the characters in another profile before the update.

PeDaRoYs said:
Please Read

A weird thing just happened.
I recently updated the game and purchased all the DLC packs on my profile. Then I switched to another my brother's profile. ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE UNLOCKED (he didn't unlocked Pink Gold Peach yet, as well as few of the Koopalings before the update), and purchased all the DLC packs even though I only purchased it on my profile. I checked on another profile. Only the default playable characters are displayed, but the DLC characters are already purchased.
Does it mean that purchased DLC can shared to other profiles on the same Wii U?

I think purchasing the DLC when you don't have all the characters unlocks them for you so there's a pretty 6x6 roster square.

And if you couldn't share DLC over profiles on the same Wii U, that would be pretty silly.

You buy stuff with a NNID, but the bought products will be console bound, not account.

They stated that before the Wii U was even released, so I already know my brother is just as good able to ride Blue Falcons as I, even though he hasn't played yet since my purchase.

Is there a bonus for getting all 3 dlc at once?

I just got the Mercedes dlc, and I hope I didn't miss out on anything.

Magikrazy said:
Is there a bonus for getting all 3 dlc at once?

I just got the Mercedes dlc, and I hope I didn't miss out on anything.

There's no bonus for getting all three sets of DLC at once; just the Shy Guy and Yoshi colors for getting the Zelda and Animal Crossing packs.

So evidently the theory that all Coins are counted towards your Coin total has been debunked, I just did 4 races and counted about 120 coins and I only got an added 40 to my total.

SKmarioman said:
So evidently the theory that all Coins are counted towards your Coin total has been debunked, I just did 4 races and counted about 120 coins and I only got an added 40 to my total.

You can only get 10 coins per race, silly

Nysic said:
SKmarioman said:

I think he meant a theory that all coins count since the new update.

Maki Nishikino said:
Nysic said:
SKmarioman said:

I think he meant a theory that all coins count since the new update.
Yes, a lot of people thought that even though your coin count in a race does not go past 10 any coins you collect after that are still counted to your coin total, but apparently that's not the case now that we can see our total coin count.

Well a glitch happened online. Me and my brother, named Ricken on the Mario Boards were playing online. Last race, we picked N64 Rainbow Road. On the next race, the options were Cloudtop Cruise, Sunshine Airport and Moo Moo Meadows. We voted Cloudtop Cruise, but Ricken's N64 Rainbow Road was still there. Too bad it didn't get it.

Lakituthequick said:
You buy stuff with a NNID, but the bought products will be console bound, not account.

does that mean if I get a new wii u or if something happens I won't be able to get my stuff back?

IcicleRain said:
Lakituthequick said:

does that mean if I get a new wii u or if something happens I won't be able to get my stuff back?
No. Well, not nessecarily. If you get a new Wii U, you must unlink the NNID from the old one. Then, follow the set-up process on the new one and use the old NNID that you unlinked. Presto! It should work.

*sees Link*

Buybuybuybuybuybuybuybuybuy...

Shame the bundle costs $16 in Australia.

Stargazing said:
IcicleRain said:
Lakituthequick said:

No. Well, not nessecarily. If you get a new Wii U, you must unlink the NNID from the old one. Then, follow the set-up process on the new one and use the old NNID that you unlinked. Presto! It should work.

but if I break my wii u I won't be able to unlink it
then what

(also ltq just said it was linked to console not a/c so idk)

Back