Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Just letting ya know you ignorant twat that Super Circuit has a very different set of requirements to get a triple star rank

EDIT: Oh you deleted your post so now I look dumb :P

In MKWii, if I got 1st on the first race then I got 5th on the second race and caught up to first place total in Grand Prix, I get a C rank.

What are the requirements of getting a 3 star rank in MKWii?

Dry Troopa said:
What are the requirements of getting a 3 star rank in MKWii?

I think it's pretty specific too. I've raced on Shell Cup many times and found myself with a Double Star rank too many times. You're supposed to go off-road and trick off ramps and do as much tricks as possible to get a triple star rank for that beast.

I got a C rank and 1st all 4 times but that's because I was focused on Wario getting 99:59:999 on his time so the free fly cheat screwed m up too.

Here's some NA TV spots for MK8:
This commercial is flippin' fun!!!
Better than the SM3DW commercial.

NOW PUT THIS COMMERCIAL ON TV!!!

MKWii had pretty hard star requirements. I only got 1 star on my name.

MK7's were extremely easy. I got them on the first try.

Dry Troopa said:
NOW PUT THIS COMMERCIAL ON TV!!!

You know they will

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:

I had triple stars in my Mario Kart Wii a long time ago before my Wii busted out. #braggingaboutpointlessaccomplishments

I found MK7 to be easy in almost every aspect. This game seems to have a bigger challenge. I like challenges, that's why I like Super Circuit.

Am I the only one that is a bit disappointed with the Rainbow Road this time around?

Like, it looks cool and all but...

Maybe we overhyped it thinking about how cool it would be with anti-gravity, or maybe it's the fact that they made Rainbow Road N64 look so amazing, but it just doesn't seem that awesome. I definitely think that the HD N64 Rainbow Road > MK8 new Rainbow Road.

Baby Luigi said:
PeteyPiranhaPerson said:

I had triple stars in my Mario Kart Wii a long time ago before my Wii busted out. #braggingaboutpointlessaccomplishments
I had three stars on 150cc Special Cup in Mario Kart Wii. And the rest have A rank to two star rank.

It's too hard to get the overall rank of three stars. My overall rank was one star.
In MK7, I already got all three stars in all cups and cc two years ago.

Ulrich said:
Am I the only one that is a bit disappointed with the Rainbow Road this time around?

Maybe we overhyped it thinking about how cool it would be with anti-gravity, or maybe it's the fact that they made Rainbow Road N64 look so amazing, but it just doesn't seem that awesome. I definitely think that the HD N64 Rainbow Road > MK8 new Rainbow Road.
Meh, I'm looking forward to it, and the first time I race on it will be the first time I actually see the layout.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Ulrich said:

Meh, I'm looking forward to it, and the first time I race on it will be the first time I actually see the layout.

Yeah, I have to see about the gameplay before I can say if I will love it or not. It doesn't look that difficult though, but we'll see.

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone thinking of hosting a tournament of this game for this year's Mario Awards or are we likely going to do MK7 again? I guess any actual planning can't be done until the game is released and there might not be enough people who has the game to warrant a tournament but who knows how many people will have the game by July/August.

SKmarioman said:
Just out of curiosity, is there anyone thinking of hosting a tournament of this game for this year's Mario Awards or are we likely going to do MK7 again? I guess any actual planning can't be done until the game is released and there might not be enough people who has the game to warrant a tournament but who knows how many people will have the game by July/August.

I would ask in the Mario Awards board, but my guess is...maybe? It really depends on if anyone is willing to host it, and if there'll be enough people to have it since the game will have been out for only 2 months when the Awards come.

Ulrich said:

after MK7's Rainbow Road, anything else is better.

Without comparing it to that, I like the space station thing they did. It might not be 'amazing' and using gravity to make it 'crazy' but what could anti-gravity do for a rainbow in space? Go on walls? The roof? The level could be upside down and it wouldn't really change anything since you're in fucking space on a road that is a constant rainbow color. You could look above you and see the road you were on but it wouldn't be cool, you'd only think how that road looks identical to the one you're on now. Because it's in space they can't add nice scenery on the very outskirts of the road because it is entirely road. There's no grass to put tires on, no water to put sailboats on. Just empty air. The space station is a nice way to fix that but what can be added to the space station to make it 'amazing'? Anti-gravity is cool when you're somewhere grounded, where there is no chance of the track flipping over because it is literally on the ground. When the track is airborn with no connection to the ground, you could flip the whole track and it would still be the same experience. Just upside down. Which is redundant.

Or something. I probably contradicted myself somewhere in there, but anti-gravity is lame to begin with. It's how it's used in conjunction with different themes that makes it cool. A theme that already implies no gravity (space) doesn't become cool by adding something it doesn't even need (DS Rainbow Road had upside down sections, even if they were short, it was still defying gravity. Anti-Grav on Rainbow Road is nothing new or even necessary).

Ulrich said:
SKmarioman said:

I would ask in the Mario Awards board, but my guess is...maybe? It really depends on if anyone is willing to host it, and if there'll be enough people to have it since the game will have been out for only 2 months when the Awards come.

Our current plan is to do tournaments for both, that way people who don't have/can't afford a Wii U/MK8 can still play

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:

I got three stars on MK7 second time (mirror mode is evil). But it took me over a month to get three stars on MKWii.

I don't agree with Crackin. They could easily implemented anti-gravity in a manner so it reminds you of the Super Mario Galaxy games, which as gravity as a focus. You launch star yourself to other planets and such.

I personally like the space station thing but it doesn't look as impressive as Mario Kart 7's.

To be fair, the Rainbow Roads do seem to be shorter this time, though this is partly because N64 Rainbow Road is reduced to only having 3 sections, despite being able to do more than one full lap.

Mount Wario is, overall, the only REAL 3 section track.

MnSG said:
To be fair, the Rainbow Roads do seem to be shorter this time, though this is partly because N64 Rainbow Road is reduced to only having 3 sections, despite being able to do more than one full lap.

Mount Wario is, overall, the only REAL 3 section track.

At least Time Trial Mode seems to have the ability to race on a track then more then 3 laps. At least that's what I'm assuming that was what was happening during the Bikes Vs. Motorcycles part of the direct. MK7 Rainbow Road was my favorite track of MK7 but the one track race always seemed a little short when both racing and just going through the track in Time Trial mode.

SKmarioman said:
I'm doing both.

Wow, there's pretty much nothing left to talk about now that they revealed everything. This thread is so quiet.

Everyone's holding the breath for Mario Kart 8.

There will probably be more posts over the weekend with the GameStop demos. I'll be posting my experience.

Same here.

I hope the lines won't be as long.

Back