Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Super Smash Misty said:
They need to have them as long, if not longer, as this.
Hey! It was still the +Control Pad back then
"Racoon Mario"[sic]
EDIT: "Walking Piranas"[sic]

And "Bloobers"

Crackin355 said:
PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
SuperQueenChrysalis said:
You could also do that on Mario Kart DS, but only if you had the Cucumber car, and were playing Airship Fortress.

What?
If you use the Shooting Star with ROB on Mario Circuit then hit a goomba with a green shell, red shell, red shell, green shell (that order) you unlock Sonic and Tails (includes 16 new tracks based on sonic areas).
I tried that. Did it. Was incredibly disappointed.

Super Smash Misty said:
Am I the only one who prefers the originals a lot better?
i think some of the new textures ruin the nostalgic feel for the courses but overall i think they're fine

So they're having a launch party at EB Games Swanston St. Not sure whether I'll go, I guess it depends if a friend comes along or not.

Also a friend wants to have a Mario Kart party on the first day of release, with like 3 Wii Us going in his lounge room. I'm tempted to go but he lives like 2hr away (and yet so lives in the same city, oah), plus I might have homework. I guess we'll find out later. :b

Oh, how I loved those old manuals. Shame to see them go in the digital age.

Because these whippersnappers don't know what life was like before these ePags and 3DeeEsses.

I hate the new manuals these days. I remember when manuals had sexy stuff like character bios. Those were always fun. Now they're just the bare-bones requirement to be considered a "manual".

Baby Luigi said:
I remember when manuals had sexy stuff like character bios. Those were always fun.

I miss reading those at night, the bland manuals of today no longer interest me.

Baby Luigi said:
I hate the new manuals these days. I remember when manuals had sexy stuff like character bios. Those were always fun. Now they're just the bare-bones requirement to be considered a "manual".

I know right? The character bios were the best. I'll also miss their smell. A manual may be years-old, but they always smell like new :( I still have my instruction booklet from Paper Mario (the Nintendo 64 one) and it hasn't lost its scent.

I just like the new game smell in general. That always feels nice whenever you buy a new game.

WarioWare usually has freaking awesome manuals. I have only Touched and Smooth Moves and the manuals are freaking great

Baby Luigi said:
WarioWare usually has freaking awesome manuals. I have only Touched and Smooth Moves and the manuals are freaking great
I only had WarioWare Inc. (I think that's what it was called) for the DS, and I remember the manual having a cool different "look" to it. I re-read it over and over.
I was the kid who was caught reading them during assemblies.

Doesn't it only give you a blue shell figurine? Because I didn't want to pay an extra $30 for something like that. I don't care about figurines.

Baby Luigi said:
Me too. I used to always go to my room and read Mario Kart Wii's manual... I'm gonna miss them.

Back