Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

I wonder what that bonus poster is going to look like. I have a hunch it's going to be like the box art for this game, or the other group picture (Mario Circuit scenery).

I have a copy pre-ordered from Gamestop and one pre-ordered from Amazon, and hopefully I'll get to go to NYC on the 29th and be ready to pick up a limited edition or two

Dreamy Fawful said:
I have a copy pre-ordered from Gamestop and one pre-ordered from Amazon, and hopefully I'll get to go to NYC on the 29th and be ready to pick up a limited edition or two

You will buy three Mario Kart 8 then?

I live near a GameStop (about a mile away) so I can finally convince my brother to pre-order Mario Kart 8 after all. I hope the lines aren't too long though. I'll be arriving there at maybe 10 (when it opens) or earlier like at Walmart or something. The poster is something I do want though. I have a Mario Party 9 poster and a New Super Mario Bros. 2 poster, two games I don't even own lol, and a Mario Kart Wii one that came with a guide.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-kart-8-playable-at-gamestop-this-weekend/1100-6419573/

YEEEEEESSSSSS

Welp looks like i'll be spending the weekend at GameStop.

I hope I finally get to talk to people that actually share my interests. It feels so lonely when I can't find anyone that plays my type of video games, much less, girls.

It's much better than getting 20,000 ---ing coins

It should be double stars for wheels, triple for glider.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't want triple stars to be a requirement for anything, because I swear I have had perfect races for entire cups in 7 and still came out with two stars.

Dreamy Fawful said:
Baby Luigi said:
I don't want triple stars to be a requirement for anything, because I swear I have had perfect races for entire cups in 7 and still came out with two stars.
Maybe a glitch? I never had a problem with it myself.

Potted Piranha Plant said:
Dreamy Fawful said:
Baby Luigi said:
Maybe a glitch? I never had a problem with it myself.

He probably didn't have a perfect race

The requirement for triple stars in 7 is not only to be first but maintain the lead. I highly doubt you maintained your lead.

Mario Kart 7 is easy to triple star, Mario Kart Wii is harder, and Mario Kart Super Circuit is almost impossible.

Cirdec said:
Mario Kart 7 is easy to triple star, Mario Kart Wii is harder, and Mario Kart Super Circuit is almost impossible.
i got triple star in every cup for mario kart 7 except the super leaf for mirror mode i think

god i hate that

I always hate that unlock system in MKWii and MK7. In MKWii, you unlock some characters and vehicles by winning against staff ghost data. In MK7, unlocking characters was easy but unlocking kart parts was hard.
[/quote]

Cirdec said:

It's mainly because Mario Kart Super Circuit has all sorts of hidden bull--- which includes not using your item, not using a star, triple red shells, or lightning bolt, and not letting go of the gas pedal/braking to get such a rank.

Baby Luigi said:
Cirdec said:

It's mainly because Mario Kart Super Circuit has all sorts of hidden bull--- which includes not using your item, not using a star, triple red shells, or lightning bolt, and not letting go of the gas pedal/braking to get such a rank.
No. It's actually your race performance (eg. getting 1st, always 1st and race time being 1st).

Dry Troopa said:
Baby Luigi said:
Cirdec said:

No. It's actually your race performance (eg. getting 1st, always 1st and race time being 1st).

Then how do you explain the A rank?

Dry Troopa said:
Baby Luigi said:
Cirdec said:

You're wrong. Big time.

I can meet all of those "requirements" and still get a nice solid B rank especially in Extra Cups.

My local GameStop is pretty small, so I'm guessing there won't be a lot of people there to play. More playtime for me :3

Back