Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Some players don't have the skills to unlock the Expert Staff Ghosts though, but I guess that's a moot point, since if the player isn't skilled enough to unlock the Expert Staff Ghosts, he/she will have it very rough in the higher engine class GPs as well.

MnSG said:
Some players don't have the skills to unlock the Expert Staff Ghosts though, but I guess that's a moot point, since if the player isn't skilled enough to unlock the Expert Staff Ghosts, he/she will have it very rough in the higher engine class GPs as well.
That's me. I suck at 150cc.

MnSG said:
Still haven't unlocked Baby Luigi in MKW. Stupid expert staff ghosts.

I can beat the grand prix's and got gold/3-star rank easily.

The expert staff ghosts we're a huge pain in the ass and I only beat 1/4 of them IIRC

The unlocking criteria is fine as it is, it's not like it will make/break the game. I can still attempt the time trials when I feel like I want to test myself.

It's still better than MK7's unlock system, with all of them in 150cc for each cup.

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
It's still better than MK7's unlock system, with all of them in 150cc for each cup.
Okay, I have to agree with that. They gave absolutely no incentive to play 50cc or 100cc.

Crackin355 said:
PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
Okay, I have to agree with that. They gave absolutely no incentive to play 50cc or 100cc.
50cc is too slow and boring. 150cc is fast and active. Mirror is same as 150cc but mirrored.

Baby Luigi said:
Fronk said:
huh some of the posts in the MK8 Miiverse community preview are pretty interesting. beware, it contains a few stamp spoilers

zlCfzR4MfckCVe3erO

zlCfzR4DPKAJ_rIsjf

Can I haz Baby Luigi stamp plz? :(
We've got Baby Mario, but Baby Luigi not yet.

Dry Troopa said:
Here's the new video footage of a Mii racing
Feel free to comment about Mii's voice

#Valid YouTube Link#

Good thing it's not the MK7 voice.
They reused the MKW voice but with a different pitch.
Not all too bad I guess, I have to hear other colors' voices still. Primarily red.

It sure is better than the jipjops from 7.

I wonder if there are any alternate Mii costumes though.

Cirdec said:
The purpose of 50cc and 100cc are for training the controls.

And unlocking characters (besides MK7), lower difficulties for not-so-good players, and getting 3 stars on everything.

A user from Mariokartwii.com has confirmed that certain characters may have different stat distributions, regardless of their weight class. He used Wario and Roy Koopa as an example, but even with the stat differences, the stat total is exactly the same between them.

R7dFjwz.jpg

MnSG said:
A user from Mariokartwii.com has confirmed that certain characters may have different stat distributions, regardless of their weight class. He used Wario and Roy Koopa as an example, but even with the stat differences, the stat total is exactly the same between them.

R7dFjwz.jpg
Looks like Wario isn't too good...
Roy is one of my favourites, so I'm glad he's better (for what I like). :D

You say that but I barely ever came across Funky Kongs when I played online. Or Metal Mario's in MK7.

I don't consider one of them for every match on average as a lot, but I didn't even get that.

Crackin355 said:
You say that but I barely ever came across Funky Kongs when I played online. Or Metal Mario's in MK7.

I don't consider one of them for every match on average as a lot, but I didn't even get that.

You're lucky, every online match I played usually had at least 5 Funky Kongs. But you're right about Metal Mario, I actually see Lakitu more than him online.

By the way, I did spot an anomaly with the stat values. You know how in Mario Kart 7, the best possible stat value to get is 5.5/6? It seems that in Mario Kart 8, a single stat can go higher than that.

After looking at Wario's stats, if my stat inputs are right on the money, combining the Mach 8 with the Slick wheels would give Wario a 23/24 speed combo. In terms of the lowest possible stat values, it seems that Wario's Grip stat goes as low as 4/24, but I don't know if Grip can go as low as 3/24, or 0.75/6.

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
What's "grip"?

I think that's the vehicle's traction. If it's anything like with Mario Kart 7's Off-Road, the Grip stat determines how well the vehicle sticks to the road. A higher Grip rating would mean that the vehicle hardly ever skids, but if it's too low, the combo will be prone to skidding a lot.

I see. In the direct, there was also a stat called "cornering". Is that just handling or a different stat altogether?

Crackin355 said:

You mustn't have played much, or never got anywhere near the high rankings.

I haven't played in a year or so, ever since my Wii bricked and internet access stopped being an option.

I agree on the Funky Kong one, but I've always found I was faster using Lakitu in MK7 than Metal Mario.

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
Crackin355 said:

You're lucky, every online match I played usually had at least 5 Funky Kongs.
Yeah, how dare they actually use a good character and try to win.

---- you Nintendo and your stupid character specific stat bonuses

Back