Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

I know right these two characters totally killed any chance that this game will ever be fun

Jack McCoy said:
I know right these two characters totally killed any chance that this game will ever be fun

I get your useless sarcasm here. I never said it was not going to be fun, hence why I said I'll still get it. That doesn't change the fact that I'm disappointed by the roster, which is, at least for me, one of the most important aspects in a game.

Anser said:
Now I don't see Rosalina as a space goddess or something, but more like one more princess of the bunch in the Mario series.

Because a baby can't grow up to be a space goddess? Wow way to shoot me right in he heart. Plus she is a princess anyways soooooooo

Besides, Pink Gold Peach. WTF. At least Metal Mario existed before as a power-up, but Pink Gold Peach doesn't even make sense.

I'm guessing Pink Gold Peach gives us another female option for a heavyweight character? She just seems like a metal-version of Peach, like you said with Mario, but made more 'girly' with pink so no big deal.

Once again they left E. Gadd, Lubba and other potential characters who could have worked.

There's a ton of characters that people fetishize and will shit themselves over not being included and it will happen with literally every game ever. I think Kamek would be a marvelous addition but you don't see me losing my absolute shit over him not being in very many games at all.

Anser said:
Jack McCoy said:

I get your useless sarcasm here. I never said it was not going to be fun, hence why I said I'll still get it. That doesn't change the fact that I'm disappointed by the roster, which is, at least for me, one of the most important aspects in a game.

There's always something in every roster for games that even have rosters that individuals will find disappointing. Equally, I'm sure there's people out there who loves these additions.

Moral of the story, I'm sure it's not that bad, don't waste tissues crying about this.

Anser said:
Jack McCoy said:

I know right I mean whoring a character out in a Mario game. This is unprecedented. I mean I can't believe they would make a baby version of a popular character I mean they've never ever done that before. And just think about the consequences to the great and valued canon of the mario series why this is as controversial as when they added the baby brothers to the Mario Golf 64 roster thus rendering the plot of all the Yoshi games null and void in the eyes of the canon

Morty said:
I'm guessing Pink Gold Peach gives us another female option for a heavyweight character? She just seems like a metal-version of Peach, like you said with Mario, but made more 'girly' with pink so no big deal.

Honey Queen? Or maybe someone who is not just a cheap recolor of another existing character?

Jack McCoy said:
Anser said:
Jack McCoy said:

I know right I mean whoring a character out in a Mario game. This is unprecedented. I mean I can't believe they would make a baby version of a popular character I mean they've never ever done that before. And just think about the consequences to the great and valued canon of the mario series why this is as controversial as when they added the baby brothers to the Mario Golf 64 roster thus rendering the plot of all the Yoshi games null and void in the eyes of the canon

Go away with your annoying sarcasm, okay? You're not funny.

Anser said:
Morty said:

Honey Queen? Or maybe someone who is not just a cheap recolor of another existing character?

I think you're the first person I've seen suggest Honey Queen in a vaguely positive light, and I can assume that because of the general opinion of that character that's the reason why Pink Gold Peach is there and not Honey Queen. If "cheap recolor of another character" was a problem, then Metal Mario, (early) Luigi, and Daisy ("BUT SHE'S A TOMBOY!!!!!") wouldn't exist.

Honey Queen IS better than Pink Gold Peach. At least she's an original character who had a reason to exist, has her own model, voice, and was not a generic thing or a reskin of another character. She had an excuse to be a female heavyweight. I never really got the hate; she's not that bad.

Morty said:
I think you're the first person I've seen suggest Honey Queen in a vaguely positive light, and I can assume that because of the general opinion of that character that's the reason why Pink Gold Peach is there and not Honey Queen. If "cheap recolor of another character" was a problem, then Metal Mario, (early) Luigi, and Daisy ("BUT SHE'S A TOMBOY!!!!!") wouldn't exist.

EXACTLY, Metal Mario shouldn't be there either! Luigi and Daisy have managed to become different characters over the years, and were never a literal copy-paste of another character like Pink Gold Peach.

Just to make sure anyone noticed this.

-In Mario Kart TV, you can share your highlights via Miiverse and/or Youtube (if you have a Google account).

Anser said:
Jack McCoy said:
Anser said:
Jack McCoy said:

Go away with your annoying sarcasm, okay? You're not funny.
I think it is. He also does have a point, if they were worried about canon baby characters would never be in spin-offs, or any game with their adult counterparts.

Rosalina is the third princess now, of course she's going to get the same treatment. If Daisy can get a baby version than Rosalina (who they are giving way more attention to than Daisy) can get one.

oh it's baby rosalina. that's cool i guess
and it's... pink metal peach... ahahaha... that's a joke, right? ...riiight? ...no?
lol i don't even know what to say

fantanoice said:

not having a club nintendo account really hurts right about now

Ragna the Bloodedge said:
i think baby waluigi would have been a better use of a character slot than pink gold peach

this times a billion

Baby Wario comes first. All the more Warios for BLOF and LGM to torture.

Tbh I don't really care because I will be driving Lakitu exclusively anyways, and you are driving on the friggin' ISS on Nitro Rainbow Road.

Super Smash Misty said:
The guy in the direct calls Ludwig "Loodwig"
BAHAHAHA

That's actually the correct pronounciation.

Some Mario characters have two pronunciations.

In America, Yoshi is pronounced "y-oh-sh-ee"
In Australia, Yoshi is pronounced "y-o-sh-i"

Oh, I just wanted to say, for those people who are wondering why they keep putting baby characters in Mario Kart, it's so they can have more lightweight characters. After all, you can add more villains as heavyweights and normal characters as mediumweight, but it's a bit harder to put characters in the lightweight class without making...well...a smaller version of them.

At least, that's my theory.

Purple Yoshi said:
Oh, I just wanted to say, for those people who are wondering why they keep putting baby characters in Mario Kart, it's so they can have more lightweight characters. After all, you can add more villains as heavyweights and normal characters as mediumweight, but it's a bit harder to put characters in the lightweight class without making...well...a smaller version of them.

But there are so many characters in the Mario universe who are unique who would be lightweights. And why would villains just be heavyweights? I think we need more evil medium and lightweights. We also need villains who are unrelated to Bowser, but that's for another day.

Dreamy Fawful said:
Purple Yoshi said:

But there are so many characters in the Mario universe who are unique who would be lightweights. And why would villains just be heavyweights? I think we need more evil medium and lightweights. We also need villains who are unrelated to Bowser, but that's for another day.

I can only imagine what character you're referring to........................................................

kamek

I just mean characters like Bowser, Petey Piranha and King Boo, Wiggler, ect. Not all heavyweights are villains, but most villains have designs that make the most sense if they're heavyweight.

Anser said:
According to IGN there are still some characters to be revealed but it's obvious they're referring to the classic ones like Birdo, Bowser Jr, King Boo, Diddy Kong, Dry Bones and someone else, maybe Honey Queen or Wiggler.
Source please.

I'm really starting to love Mount Wario after seeing more and more footage. Might be my favorite Nitro track, alongside Bowser's Castle.

Back