Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
DS Wario Stadium and Yoshi Valley are unrecognizable.
I recognised both immediatly, actually. True, Yoshi Valley changed a lot, but Wario Stadium didn't change all that much, except the time of day, water and statue

Cirdec said:
I am going to use Pink Gold Peach when I want to use a heavyweight.
Now some of you understand why I like Metal Mario a lot.

I'll actually probably use PGP a bit to see if I like her over Metal Mario.

Considering both Petey and King Boo have near-zero chances of getting in, I'll most likely main Luigi, Iggy, or Pink Gold Peach Metal Mario.

I actually kind of like Baby Rosalina, I might use her as a lightweight.

My mains for each class are strictly as following:

Lightweight: :babymario:
Middleweight: :mario:
Heavyweight: :metal:

Mario is my ultimate main, while I will use Luigi, Shy Guy, Daisy, and maybe Toad occasionally. The rest, I won't use very often, if at all.

Lightweight: Baby Rosalina(?)
Middleweight: Luigi/Iggy
Heavyweight: Metal Mario

If they were in the mood for Metal characters I would have preferred Metal Luigi or something.

ah yes, i sure am glad they decided to include a wide variety of characters in this 30-character game, including baby mario, baby luigi, baby peach, baby daisy, baby rosalina, toad, toadette, 7 koopalings, metal mario, pink gold peach, and the mii

literally half of the roster is just copies of each other

(also, pink gold peach? seriously? it's like they wanted to make her metallic, but couldn't actually give her the gold color because they want to keep the pink image)

also, don't forget

nintendo 2k14 said:
it makes you feel all pretty. your knight in shining armor awaits! the bottom is like a carriage with wooden wheels. after all, you don't care about performance. you're too busy being beautiful! time to shade that pretty face with that parasol and fly through the skies like that fairy tale princess!

That segment wasn't supposed to be taken seriously, btw. "Look at me, slo-mo. I'm fast!"

Cheesy Car Ad said:
It makes you feel all pretty. Your knight in shining armor awaits! The bottom is like a carriage with wooden wheels. After all, you don't care about performance. You're too busy being beautiful! Time to shade that pretty face with that parasol and fly through the skies like that fairy tale princess!
I'm going there thinking, "Yes. It's perfect. Just what I need for something my Mario can ride on with style, yet valor.

No-Face said:
ah yes, i sure am glad they decided to include a wide variety of characters in this 30-character game, including baby mario, baby luigi, baby peach, baby daisy, baby rosalina, toad, toadette, 7 koopalings, metal mario, pink gold peach, and the mii

literally half of the roster is just copies of each other
It's not really half, it's much more than that.
+Luigi
+Waluigi
+Wario
+Daisy
+Rosalina

Everything's connected.

oh yeah, i think they specifically said that luigi has the same specs of mario, unless i'm misinterpreting it

what a waste of a roster

Luigi usually has the same specs. Since Super Mario Kart. The only difference was in Mario Kart Wii, and even then, it's just a microscopic stat change.

Who seriously cares about a Mario Kart game's Roster anyway?

Anyway, that was a pretty nice direct. The new Rainbow Road does look great. (But I think I'll find myself playing on the Remastered N64 Rainbow Road more)

The Mario Kart 8 Bundles should also help the Wii U sales alot.

But seriously, am I the only one who thinks a Mario Kart game just needs the staples from Mario Kart 64 and just a few more characters then the limit of racers able to be on one race to be a satisfying roster? :V

I'm more worried about Battle Mode more than anything. I'm also worried about this whole "Lakitu rearranges you if you drive backwards/hit a wall" thing because I really need to drive backward and sit still for more than a couple of seconds if my expeditions for the massacre of the great yellow being need to be successful.

To those complaining about the roster, DLC is a very real possibility. Especially after seeing what Nintendo did with World Tour.

Nick Fury said:
To those complaining about the roster, DLC is a very reall possibility. Especially after seeing what Nintendo did with World Tour.
I'm not digging DLC. It's just better if we got all of these guys for free instead of encouraging an incomplete roster and then filling the gaps with paid stuff.

But if that means new courses WITH new characters, I'd go for it.

I'm not really worried about battle considering I pretty much never play it.

I'm digging the new Bowser's Castle, I love that giant Bowser statue. It reminds me of the one in MKWii.

Does anyone know if the new Rainbow Road is 1 lap like in MK7?

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Nick Fury said:
To those complaining about the roster, DLC is a very reall possibility. Especially after seeing what Nintendo did with World Tour.
I'm not digging DLC. It's just better if we got all of these guys for free instead of encouraging an incomplete roster and then filling the gaps with paid stuff.

Like I said, World Tour had DLC for courses and characters.

anyway, the game is looking nice, but in the same way the past few games have been

i'm really worried that this series has hit a snag, because this game isn't really offering too many new ideas. i know mario kart has never exactly had a lot of innovation, but usually there were at least one or two big changes to the formula. mk8's big new feature (anti-gravity) barely changes the gameplay

I'm probably the vast minority of those that actually play Battle Mode much more than GP/VS/whatever or online (does "online" play even exist?).

I'm going to start loving the stages once I race through them. No need to dissect a game long before it's out.

Nick Fury said:
Nick Fury said:

Like I said, World Tour had DLC for courses and characters.
I know, but Mario Kart courses matter more than silly little golf thingies. We can get an extra cup.

I'm not holding my breath for DLC, though, because Nintendo doesn't seem too hot about it.

No-Face said:
anyway, the game is looking nice, but in the same way the past few games have been

i'm really worried that this series has hit a snag, because this game isn't really offering too many new ideas. i know mario kart has never exactly had a lot of innovation, but usually there were at least one or two big changes to the formula. mk8's big new feature (anti-gravity) barely changes the gameplay
The devil is in the details. Encouraging collisions between opponents may not sound like much, but it can be a game changer, perhaps.

Nick Fury said:

I like DLC, unless it was stuff cut from the game over extra content.

I'm not crazy about it, but it's probably because I don't have the resources to make an online transaction.

What I don't get is why Wendy and Larry are treated as lightweights. They seem more suited for the middleweight category.

I'm actually kinda glad that there's only 3 weight classes, gives you more options for a single class. In MK7, I only played as Yoshi because I needed a light character, and the other options were Peach and Daisy.

Larry I can understand but Wendy is a little bit too big for a lightweight

C'mon, Bowser Jr. was a bit too small to be a middleweight in Mario Kart Wii. I don't get why we don't have cruiser and featherweight classes any more; I thought it made the most sense, and it made people shut up for once about Rosalina's and Waluigi's being a heavyweight.

Back