Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Who knows about Mission Mode? Maybe they'd make battle mode required to unlock characters

If it turns out that this Mission mode theory is correct, is it still possible that the koopalings are just bosses for mission mode and not playable characters.

Even though we saw footage of them driving around main tracks with all the other characters.

Okay, fair enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRW3yxG2Iek

Link to Mario Kart footage.

So right now, we have 24 characters. Now let's assume there are going to be 30 characters total. Birdo, Diddy Kong, and Bowser Jr are shoe ins. That brings is to 27. I can see Dry Bones and King Boo coming back. That would leave room for one more character, so I'm gonna be selfish and say Petey Piranha.

Of course, we don't know exactly how big the roster will be. There could be 32, 34, or even 36 characters.

I'm wondering how they'll make the glider pop up without making it look awkward on Petey Piranha

More like a taller one

Why are babies not well-received, but the Koopalings are? I don't get it. Sure, the Koopalings appeared in the "mainstream" games, but they're still bland and generic with only their hairstyles distinguishing them. You can make the same argument with the babies (bland, generic, "template"), but there is only four of them.

I really want H. Queen to return.

By the way, for every game, there has always been returning newcomers from every Mario Kart game (DS returned Waluigi and Daisy; Wii returned Dry Bones; 7 returned Rosalina), so maybe we'll get a veteran from Mario Kart 7? Either Wiggler, Lakitu, Metal Mario, or H. Queen.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Why are babies not well-received, but the Koopalings are? I don't get it. Sure, the Koopalings appeared in the "mainstream" games, but they're still bland and generic with only their hairstyles distinguishing them. You can make the same argument with the babies (bland, generic, "template"), but there is only four of them.

Opinions, dear

When the babies were first introduced, barely anyone liked them. Also, babies were introduced two by two, not as an entire package of four.

Koopalings = overrated, I guess.

Mission Mode = overrated as well.

By the way, I wish I can see some footage of Battle Mode. I wonder if it's going to be like Mario Kart 7's Battle Mode.

I dislike both the babies AND the Koopalings. I've played Partners in Time, and the babies were worthless parasites. Also, the Koopalings. All they're good for is jumping around and screaming.

Because the purpose of Baby Daisy's existence was to fill a roster spot.

The Koopalings were pretty much established bosses.

Though I don't get the hate towards Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, they were established as well and a nod to the Yoshi's Island series. Either that or I'm just a female minority in a male-dominated population of video gamers so I like small cute things more (my top three characters are considered "cute" so...)

Shadow said:
I've played Partners in Time, and the babies were worthless parasites.

D':

Baby Luigi said:
Because the purpose of Baby Daisy's existence was to fill a roster spot.

The Koopalings were pretty much established bosses.
Established? You mean, they haven't appeared in a single Mario game for years until Superstar Saga, disappeared again for more years until they're stuck in the depths of New Super Mario Bros.? Give me a break.

I've played Partners in Time, and the babies were worthless parasites.

personally thought they were fine and they had some pretty hilarious moments plus so many action commands followed.

although the game has problems.

Well, they did appear in a classic like Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. It's like saying Baby Luigi shouldn't be in because he's stuck as a damsel-in-distress in 1995 until 2003 where he became playable in Mario Kart Double Dash (and even then, Baby Mario was playable before that so it appears Baby Luigi is here just to give Baby Mario a partner in Mario Kart Double Dash)

Does it matter how long ago they appeared in or exactly what game they're stuck in? The New Super Mario Bros., no matter how stagnant they are, are still part of the Mario series that the Koopalings play a somewhat major role in, disregarding the quality of their boss fights.

It just seems to me that the Koopalings have their relevancy dwindled while at least Baby Mario and Baby Luigi made infrequent appearances in a wider variety of games (RPGs, Baseball, Tennis, and Platformers).

Not to mention, Baby Peach IS a debuting-in-an-RPG character...

It just seems to me that the Koopalings have their relevancy dwindled while at least Baby Mario and Baby Luigi made infrequent appearances in a wider variety of games (RPGs, Baseball, Tennis, and Platformers).

Not to mention, Baby Peach IS a debuting-in-an-RPG character...

well its still kinda clone like though since its just another baby, unlike a character that was specifically made for an rpg.

Even though Yoshi's Island DS was around the same time development as Partners in Time, so...

It's still opinions. We know how rabid Koopalings fans can get.

At least they'll be given a slight hint of personality.

Lol, what up with Ludwig's and Morton's voices?

Seriously, did you hear Morton's voice clip when he performed a trick in the trailer?

Back