Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

I just checked the Mario Kart 8 article on the wiki, and saw that we got the artwork for the items...

Are we not getting any new items this time? I'm disappointed that the Fake Box is absent again. That item is a classic. I was also hoping they'd bring Boo back.

The place where I got it from (flickr of gonintendo) didn't list them so I don't count on it returning

I'm sad the Tanooki Leaf is absent. It's amusing to use in Battle Mode

My only concern is whether there will be more newcomers than just the Koopalings. I mean, wasting all of them on representing one distinct part of the series is a horrible move, IMO. Give us some REAL unexpected characters, not just more Koopas.

What we need is actually DIFFERENT characters to join the roster. I'll be SO mad if there are no more new characters aside from the Koopalings.

Maybe this game will give them the personality that they need.

But where's mah Bowser Jr.? :bowjr:

Giga12 said:
Maybe this game will give them the personality that they need.

But where's mah Bowser Jr.? :bowjr:

personality in a racing game?

never going to happen.

Balam Ajaw said:
Count Bleck said:
Balam Ajaw said:
Balam Ajaw said:
Mario Kart 8 Characters:

-All the characters in Mario Kart Wii.

New Characters:

-The Koopalings.

The end.

I was right XD
If they really are the only newcomers I'll be pretty pissed

Of course not, the other newcomers will be Boom Boom and Pom Pom. The end.
ew

What's so bad about Count Bleck, Fawful and Dimentio as racers? They're actually cool and dynamic, unique characters, plus we need more Villain characters who aren't Bowser or associated with him.

Dracomon said:
I wouldn't mind at all. Alternate between Birdo and Ludwig, and I'll be very happy.

You know that Birdo is not confirmed yet?

I've been looking into stuff, and - assuming that there are a max of 30 characters, and that the Koopalings are split as 2-3-2 (S-M-L) - then that means that there are already 9 Small, 8 Medium, and 7 Large.

Small potential returning players: Dry Bones, Shy Guy, and Lakitu.

Medium potential returning players: Birdo, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr.

Large potential returning players: King Boo, Dry Bowser, Funky Kong, Wiggler, Honey Queen, Metal Mario.

Going with this, Birdo would be fighting off Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr. for one of those last two slots for Medium size. And I think they would take those two over her, as I see Diddy Kong going nowhere, and maybe Bowser Jr. though I doubt they'll miss this opportunity.

Of course, I know that there are 2 small Koopalings, but I'm not sure if 3-2 or 2-3 with Medium-Large. And again, this is if they are returning to the classes used in Mario Kart Wii, which I highly think they will do. And I don't know how many characters they'll actually do, or if they'll leave the classes balanced.

Count Bleck said:
ew

What's so bad about Count Bleck, Fawful and Dimentio as racers? They're actually cool and dynamic, unique characters, plus we need more Villain characters who aren't Bowser or associated with him.

Please do not bring this up again.

It never goes good when you bring this up. Nintendo obviously have their own opinion on what "unexpected" and "boarder range" of characters are.

Count Bleck said:
Balam Ajaw said:
Count Bleck said:
Balam Ajaw said:
Balam Ajaw said:
Mario Kart 8 Characters:

-All the characters in Mario Kart Wii.

New Characters:

-The Koopalings.

The end.

I was right XD
If they really are the only newcomers I'll be pretty pissed

Of course not, the other newcomers will be Boom Boom and Pom Pom. The end.
ew

because bleck, fawful and dimentio are in rpgs that for some awkward reason nintendo intends to despise.

I think the only time rpg characters have appeared out of rpgs is like, what, mario party 5?

It really sucks but thats how it goes.

Fighter Zae said:
I think the only time rpg characters have appeared out of rpgs is like, what, mario party 5?

It's not even developed by Nintendo either

Like the only time an RPG character appeared was that Goomba King thing

Anna said:
Count Bleck said:
Anna said:
It never goes good when you bring this up
That's really not my fault :P

No, purposefully bringing up this information and then going on a rant about how "unique" and how your opinion should be fact is definitely never your fault.

oh no he didnt wave an imo flag around lets assume he meant facts

hurry everybody punch him in the face!

Unfortunately, Birdo will be confirmed some time, along with Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr.

Am I the only person who thinks that the course filled with neon lights is like what happens when Music Park and Starlight Carnival get thrown in a blender?

Back