Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

SKmarioman said:
Am I the only person who thinks that the course filled with neon lights is like what happens when Music Park and Starlight Carnival get thrown in a blender?

I thought it had a similar concept to Music Park so

Fighter Zae said:
Count Bleck said:
Dracomon said:
Anna said:
Dracomon said:
I wouldn't mind at all. Alternate between Birdo and Ludwig, and I'll be very happy.

You know that Birdo is not confirmed yet?
I know. It's actually kind of scaring me.
Me too. I'm scared they'll actually put him in.

and then, baby birdo!
I'm probably the only person in existence who thinks that's a good idea.

Dracomon said:
Fighter Zae said:
Count Bleck said:
Dracomon said:
Anna said:
Dracomon said:
I wouldn't mind at all. Alternate between Birdo and Ludwig, and I'll be very happy.

You know that Birdo is not confirmed yet?
I know. It's actually kind of scaring me.
Me too. I'm scared they'll actually put him in.

and then, baby birdo!
I'm probably the only person in existence who thinks that's a good idea.

probably

but the hate for birdo is really stupid so eh

I don't like Birdo. Her appearance is just...yeah I just don't like it.

Good. It was better that way and it should stay that way

Fighter Zae said:
oh no he didnt wave an imo flag around lets assume he meant facts

hurry everybody punch him in the face!

You don't have to be a dick about it

It was more than that, but I'll drop it so that we don't HAVE it happen again.

Now that some time has passed, I think the Koopalings were not as bad as I originally thought.

I still would prefer some other characters, but looking back, as long as there are at least 30 characters, we can still enjoy everything.

Honestly, I wasn't having high expectations anyways. I thought there would be 1 or 2 new character and the rest just being oldies of MKW and MK7 together.

TBH, we should not have been surprised by this. Toadette was introduced into the Marioverse in Double Dash, ROB was a shocker in MKDS, we had the creation of Baby Daisy in Mario Kart Wii, and we had Honey Queen as a shocker for MK7. This time around, it's the Koopalings.

Baby Luigi said:
Good. It was better that way and it should stay that way

im just glad blue shell isnt near as bad as emp wave in extreme-g.

Anser said:
Did they SERIOUSLY add ALL SEVEN KOOPALINGS as playable?! Seriously, waste 7 CHARACTER SLOTS on basically the same *bleep*ty character but with different colors and different hairstyles? Way to go, Nintendo. That is even worse than Metal Mario or Meowser.

If there was a like button or something I'd instantly give this post over 9000.

Anna said:
TBH, we should not have been surprised by this. Toadette was introduced into the Marioverse in Double Dash, ROB was a shocker in MKDS, we had the creation of Baby Daisy in Mario Kart Wii, and we had Honey Queen as a shocker for MK7. This time around, it's the Koopalings.

each time nintendo finds a new way to surprise us

unfortunately, the most recent surprises aren't very good ones

Honestly, I'd rather take the Koopalings over generic enemies (Wiggler, Lakitu, etc (only exception would be Magikoopa)) or one-time appearance characters (Metal Mario, Queen Bee). I might be "biased" because I do like some of them, but I find this less offensive than Nintendo shoving them in every NSMB game since Wii. Since the Wii U is obviously more powerful, I'm pretty sure they'll (hopefully) surpass MKWii's roster of 24. I'm not even sure how many characters are in the game at the moment, anyways. Like 20?

Although if a Gearmo was made a playable character it'd totally be one of my top picks.

Don't really mind the Koopalings. Honestly, I'm happy they've joined. I'm surprised it took 'em this long. However, I did think they were just going to pick and choose, maybe 2 or 3.

Either way, I'll just be using Toad.......and Ludwig.....and Iggy.

There's 24 characters, so they're already at Mario Kart Wii's roster number.

Perfect Roster:
Mario M
Luigi M
Peach M
Daisy M
Yoshi M
Wario H
Waluigi H
Bowser H
Toad S
Toadette S
Koopa Troopa S
Donkey Kong H
Diddy Kong M
Dixie Kong S
Funky Kong H
Kritter M
Magikoopa S
Koopa Paratroopa S
Shy Guy S

+ 3 filler Small + 3 filler Medium + 5 filler Heavy

Meh, already destroyed hopes.

Hotaru Tomoe said:
Anna said:

each time nintendo finds a new way to surprise us

unfortunately, the most recent surprises aren't very good ones

I guess it's no wonder why Nintendo has been struggling with their profits; people just don't give a **** for the things that the Nintendo Directs show.

I'm intrigued as to how the Koopalings will be unlocked. I can't see them being unlocked in Grand Prix or Time Trials, so I wonder if this spells the return of Mission Mode from MKDS. Would make sense. There were 7 Levels in the game with an end boss for each, and it's similar to their in-game appearances where you go through all the levels of a particular world only to face one of them at the end of each. I enjoyed Mission Mode in MKDS and I'd rather unlock them through this method (optional) then having them scattered among Grand Prix/Time Trials.

I'm glad to see the Koopalings being playable. I'll probably play as Ludwig and Roy the most.

Still waiting for Birdo, Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong though...

Back