Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Deku Link said:
They are also the ones that usually disrespect Nintendo and usually make Nintendo products somewhat hidden while they advertise the hell out of the other consoles.

"Oh, you're buying Zelda? That's cool."

"Wow, I totally love Call of Duty: Ghosts! Really thought that this game...blah blah blah blah..."

That is mostly because the majority of people who use gamestop buy those consoles. Just look at these experiences I had at GameStop.

1. I come to get Pikmin 3 (and Family Party 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade) and store person tells me that I am the only one who is buying it from them.

2. After that, whenever I come to GameStop to get a Wii U game, they talk about how the only are getting or have one copy.

3. I came to preorder Wind Waker HD and hear the above. The store person said "this is not really a wii u demographic/area" and then I see a video about the PS4 on the advertisement tv-screen thing and the store person gets excited and says "one 2 more weeks!" and then I overhear a consumer talk to the other store person about preordering a PS4.

4. I come to get Sonic Lost World only to be behind a dude talking to the store person about whether he should buy a PS4 or Xbox One. And he kept going on saying "Xbox is better for entertainment, but PS4 is better for gaming"

5. I come to get Mario & Sonic Sochi Olimpics. I told them the exact title of the game and they acted like they don't know what games I am talking about until one of them knew what I was talking about. They had one copy in back in storage.

6. I come to get Super Mario 3D World only for them to yet again act like they don't know what I am talking about and say "Nintendo isn't known for releasing games on Friday, they started that"

7. All they have is a small Wii U section in the corner on no wii u's or even an ad on display

This just shows how anti-nintendo my GameStop is. They will simply act like any game released on Wii U or Wii U in general does not exist, not even advertising them in any way. If you bring up any Nintendo Wii U game to them the day it comes out or before it does, they will act like they don't know what you are talking about.

kind of funny because both my gamestops love nintendo(or well games in general).

I even had a 40 minute discussion with an employe about pokemon x/y when i got it.

I don't really swing by gamestop very often. I usually just go to the colsest video game store, which sells old and new systems. I normally don't strike up a chat, but at least people there care about all games. But they don't really sell PC games I think.

chillv said:
3. I came to preorder Wind Waker HD and hear the above. The store person said "this is not really a wii u demographic/area" and then I see a video about the PS4 on the advertisement tv-screen thing and the store person gets excited and says "one 2 more weeks!" and then I overhear a consumer talk to the other store person about preordering a PS4.
This one is the worst. I mean seriously. It's like, video game racism or something.

The gamestop I usually go too isn't that bad. I mean, they are nice, and it's the closest one to home, which is great. But some of the ones a little further are the ones you can tell they don't care for Nintendo.

I kind of want to work at Gamestop so that I could push Xbox and PS stuff in the background and really bring out the Wii U stuff...

...and that's when I save Nintendo and really sell for them and they hire me to be a spokesperson.

...and get fired because I'm not doing the opposite stuff.

...and get in trouble and have to fix it or else I'm fired.

Of course, if I get hired, I'm sure I would meet some Wiki folk and just be like "sorry, no special deals...but maybe a few dollars I'll say were added to your bill. ;)" (jk for the most part).

I would definitely really pull to advertise Mario Kart 8 though. I know that one will be selling good.

In my gamestop they aren't either pro or contra Nintendo. They even still had GBA and gamecube games until like, last year.

In my gamesto- just kidding, I don't go to game shops anymore. I can pretty much get any game I want for cheaper on OGS (even if it's a little more expensive, I still use it so I can rack up player points).

the gamshit i go to just wants to sell me stuff, they're not even slightly biased about anything

though the only time i go there is buy controlers since games are cheaper on amazon

Tauriel said:
the gam*bleep* i go to just wants to sell me stuff, they're not even slightly biased about anything

though the only time i go there is buy controlers since games are cheaper on amazon

protip: buy only official Nintendo controllers because otherwise it breaks too easily

chillv said:
Deku Link said:
They are also the ones that usually disrespect Nintendo and usually make Nintendo products somewhat hidden while they advertise the hell out of the other consoles.

"Oh, you're buying Zelda? That's cool."

"Wow, I totally love Call of Duty: Ghosts! Really thought that this game...blah blah blah blah..."

That is mostly because the majority of people who use gamestop buy those consoles. Just look at these experiences I had at GameStop.

1. I come to get Pikmin 3 (and Family Party 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade) and store person tells me that I am the only one who is buying it from them.

2. After that, whenever I come to GameStop to get a Wii U game, they talk about how the only are getting or have one copy.

4. I come to get Sonic Lost World only to be behind a dude talking to the store person about whether he should buy a PS4 or Xbox One. And he kept going on saying "Xbox is better for entertainment, but PS4 is better for gaming"

5. I come to get Mario & Sonic Sochi Olimpics. I told them the exact title of the game and they acted like they don't know what games I am talking about until one of them knew what I was talking about. They had one copy in back in storage.

6. I come to get Super Mario 3D World only for them to yet again act like they don't know what I am talking about and say "Nintendo isn't known for releasing games on Friday, they started that"

7. All they have is a small Wii U section in the corner on no wii u's or even an ad on display

This just shows how anti-nintendo my GameStop is. They will simply act like any game released on Wii U or Wii U in general does not exist, not even advertising them in any way. If you bring up any Nintendo Wii U game to them the day it comes out or before it does, they will act like they don't know what you are talking about.
Well too be honest the Wii U has not been selling well so number 7 makes sence. But people should not say negative opinions on games your buying.

At my GAME they don't really say anything when your buying a game.

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

Nintendo Direct will brodcast on Wednesday 18th December!
It says that it will show Wii U and 3DS titles that are coming in "SPRING 2014"!

MORE INFO in MK8? I think so...

YES

For us people in the Mario Kart 8 discussion topic for nearly a year, we nearly reach 100 pages by the time Nintedo Direct addresses a new MK8 trailer.

Give yourselves a pat in a back for working hard in this "sticky" discussion topic for this year.

Well, I live in Australia. I think mine would be late (airs on Thursday 19th, December at 1am) according to time zones and the International Date Line.

I hope they reveal online for MPIT.

Back