Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Baby Luigi said:
Yeah, you're putting the same character with a different personality in a game where personality doesn't matter too much

I don't think anyone really has a personality, except for Wario.

Mario characters aren't known for having deep personalities

You play as them because you like them

FawfulTheSnowman said:
And I like them because of their personalities.

Not because they look good.

You've come to the wrong series, then

Yeah but you've stated you like a character for their personality

Only niche games in the Mario series has ever showcased Mario characters showing personalities, and those apply to the niche characters IN the niche games.

they're not niche to some of us

LakantatheQlaus said:
She means that there is very little personality on any Mario character (except maybe Rosalina).
In fact there are many Mario characters with a lot of personality.

FawfulTheSnowman said:
they're not niche to some of us

The manner of a niche is not an opinion, it's a cold, hard fact

The fact that you said "cold hard" makes me think you really want to get me going. I don't believe they're one-shot wonders, I think they deserve the same respect as any Mario character

I find it sad that my best roster reception yet has been from Deviantart, of all places.

The reason I've said that because you still don't get the difference between an opinion and a fact.

An opinion is something that cannot be proved either right or wrong, and what the contrary says can be correct in a way. It is a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

A fact is something that is proven and cannot be contrary to evidence. It is a truth verifiable from experience or observation.

(yes I took some of the definitions from dictionary.com)

It is a fact that they're one-shot wonders appearing in niche games because it's a truth, which comes from, you guessed it, experience or observation.

It is an opinion that you don't want to them to be one-shot wonders.

But hey, who the ---- am I arguing with? It's the same guy who lets delusions get in the way of verifiable, undeniable evidence which is logically used to predict character outcomes in rosters.

FawfulTheSnowman said:
I find it sad that my best roster reception yet has been from Deviantart, of all places.

That's because it's clearly a fan-made roster with no such serious intentions and plastering it with serious, illogical desires all over message boards.

FawfulTheSnowman said:
Back on topic, how's this roster:
naEklbs.png

It has balanced weights, and a nice blend of newcomers and veterans, mostly going off MKWii's roster as a base.

It introduces characters from the RPGs, along with Mario Party and Super Mario 3D World. I believe this is a feasible roster.

Well, it looks like that I am not the only one who wants MC Ballyhoo in Mario Kart 8!

I actually still want him in the game but hopefully as a DLC and the other 17 DLC characters that I also want are Metal Mario, Queen Bee, Lakitu, R.O.B., Boo, Fly Guy, Noki, Pianta, Baby DK, Tiny Kong, Pauline, Mona, Nabbit, Boom Boom, Pom Pom, The Coach and Captain Syrup.

But anyway on your roster, these are great icons that you made.

I don't see the point in having both Red Lakitu and normal Lakitu

If they must include Lakitu, then please give him the voice he had in Mario Party 9 instead of his obnoxious crappy MK7 voice. I've watched a video of a delevoper interview of MK7 where they showed a brief clip of Lakitu racing, and he had a more normal voice. Why did they feel the need to replace it with a much more annoying one?

Honestly FTG64, I would just keep your far-fetched lists out of here until the game is out and the full roster is out.

You're just troll-baiting now with your stuff and you making it sound as though it's gospel isn't helping your case at all. Don't bring up your lists of all these RPG characters, then argue about how this HAS to be the list because "it's the most balanced" or "non-arguably the best", and then when people argue with you try to act the victim.

Duskull said:
I don't see the point in having both Red Lakitu and normal Lakitu

I don't get Mario Kart 7's roster either

Back