Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

I don't get it, they added Wii Fit Trainer and Mr. Game & Watch in Super Smash Bros. for the same purpose-it's because they DON'T have a fanbase, that's why they wanted to add characters no one expects. It makes games less predictable and more interesting. "Interesting" is a subject term-IMO I don't think generic hullaboos are interesting either, and I like Honey Queen more than I like Fawful. We don't need a roster composed entirely of popular characters: the game would be pretty boring if there are no unique, more obscure characters.

Really, why can't you focus on adding characters instead of taking out a character that has bound to have a fan or two out there?

I personally like her myself, but I'm no fan of her. I don't want her gone, I actually don't want anyone gone (no not even Yoshi).

I actually don't hate Queen Bee but I rather have Lubba than her. But if there are more than 36 characters, I will add Queen Bee to my Mario Kart 8 roster.

And I really hope that she is named as Queen Bee and not Honey Queen because that name really bugs me.

That's ok, then.

I hope Honey Queen returns. I'm actually getting tired of having the same characters playable over and over again. I hope we get a new, interesting character who hasn't been playable in any Mario game (Lubba too, please!!!!) Two of my three favorite characters (Yoshi and Bowser) have already been confirmed to return, and I hope the other (Rosalina) gets confirmed soon.

More Kongs wouldn't hurt, methinks...

ThePremiumYoshi said:
Just Dixie. More than one new Kong would be too much. Also the reason I don't want Koopalings, since they're all-or-nothing. Maybe K. Rool though.

No more Kongs unless it's Donkey Kong Jr. Seriously, we need that guy back. I prefer him over Diddy Kong at any time of the day.

Count FTG64 said:
ThePremiumYoshi said:
Just Dixie. More than one new Kong would be too much. Also the reason I don't want Koopalings, since they're all-or-nothing. Maybe K. Rool though.
"Too many" should be that all DK members appear at the same time. If only three seats are given and two are newcomers, that wouldn't hurt. It should also be Wario members' turn I think.

Anser said:
I'm actually getting tired of having the same characters playable over and over again. I hope we get a new, interesting character who hasn't been playable in any Mario game.
Agree, so far there are many notable or usable characters that haven't been playable yet. To the playable main characters, the problem so far in Mario rosters isn't lack of freshness, but imbalance of appearance ratio.

I just don't understand why the Galaxy series is so under-represented. We have gotten so many characters playable from Sunshine (Toadsworth, Bowser Jr., Petey Piranha, Pianta, Noki) and only three from Galaxy (Rosalina, Honey Queen and Luma). What about Lubba? I always think of how much they have used Petey Piranha but they never used any Galaxy bosses. Kamella and Major Burrows could have perfectly been playable in Mario Kart Wii, replacing Funky Kong and Dry Bowser.

Anser said:
I just don't understand why the Galaxy series is so under-represented.
I don't think so. Galaxy is just a title of two games and you can't expect most of the exclusive characters to be empowered. Toadsworth and Bowser Jr. were a different case.
In line with your opinion, if you want those characters to be recurring, they need to end the "first impression" as a Galaxy character by having other roles in different games.

Amphituber said:
But those star-exploring toads definitely would be cool.
I don't understand their existence, though, as same as the NSMB toads.

DragonFreak said:
You now, I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I think Cackletta is much more likely to be in it that Fawful, being the bigger villain.

Nah, I think Nintendo will include a Goomba as a racer just for the lulz (and because they are out of ammo useable characters).

BananaFreak said:
DragonFreak said:
You now, I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I think Cackletta is much more likely to be in it that Fawful, being the bigger villain.

Nah, I think Nintendo will include a Goomba as a racer just for the lulz (and because they are out of ammo useable characters).

I would love this.

Xerneas said:
Well, I'm sure that there are enough small/light/feather characters to choose from anyways. Most of the areas of improvement is the heavy area.
Im still wondering why still making Mario Kart games..atleast they improve characters. :waluigi:

DragonFreak said:
Neither one is probable, but Fawful would be more likely since he's been in more games than Cackletta and the fact that he is really a "bigger" villain than her since he's a major antagonist in SS and the main antagonist in BiS.

thatmariochick said:
I wonder how the babies are able to drive tbh
Don't question logic in a game with flying turtles.
BananaFreak said:
Except that they're not.

EmeraldDiamond said:
I wonder how the babies are able to drive tbh

Because Donkey Kong flies off a cliff when he gets hit by a Fake Item Box

Again, I really don't see all the hate towards some generic characters. I wouldn't mind having a Hammer Bro. or a Magikoopa or even a Goomba be playable.

Honestly, it would suffice a broader array of fans, since more specific characters will moreso be aimed at people that like that character.

And really, the only true generic racers are Koopa Troopa, Koopa Paratroopa, Dry Bones, Lakitu, Wiggler, and Shy Guy. Yoshi and Toad are somewhat debatable as though there are a species of them, they have been recognized as being specific characters as well.

So that is like 6 out of 34 characters (38 if you include the Arcade GP games), which is just above 1/6 of all the main racers. Which means that a little less than 5/6 of the racers (28-32) are specific, original characters. And for the most part, they tend to only include like 2-3 generic racers in each game, so it's not like they are being ambushed by generic racers either.

So yeah, 2-3 generic racers in a game that is probably going to have more than 24 characters (probably around 28-30 hopefully) is not a big deal. That's like roughly around 1/10 of all the racers, so even if they do add like another 2 generic racers, still won't be that big of a deal, will it?

BananaFreak said:
DragonFreak said:

Hey, if a Goomba can play baseball, it can drive a cart.

Back