Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Seriously, why expend extra effort capping the first letter of every word? It's far easier to write in no caps or hell, even write like a normal person.

King Boo should have been in the game regardless instead of.....Baby Rosalina or something.

Clover said:
I believe they wear biker outfits because they ride on bikes. :)
Huh, you could be possibly right.

Baby Luigi said:
King Boo should have been in the game regardless instead of.....Baby Rosalina or something.
King Boo should've replaced the idiotic, pointless Pink Gold Peach.

Pink Gold Peach is amazingly horrible, but I don't think she "replaced" anybody since she was just thrown in due to taking less time to implement in the game compared to, say, Bowser Jr..

Pink Gold Peach was probably made so that Metal Mario had at least another character who shared his stats AND body frame size. Ironically, the Master Cycle's stats are unique to it alone; none of the other vehicles share its stats.

MnSG said:
Pink Gold Peach was probably made so that Metal Mario had at least another character who shared his stats AND body frame size. Ironically, the Master Cycle's stats are unique to it alone; none of the other vehicles share its stats.
I kind of wished Metal Mario kept his share of stats, though. It would be a niche he has and a reason for him to stay. Same thing for H. Queen, now that I think about it (who used to be the only female heavy heavyweight).

It's a bit like how I want Baby Mario and Baby Luigi to be the only babies, since in Double Dash, they were pretty damn unique in that regard.

Mario Party Δ said:
I kind of wished Metal Mario kept his share of stats, though. It would be a niche he has and a reason for him to stay. Same thing for H. Queen, now that I think about it (who used to be the only female heavy heavyweight).

Oftentimes, I've felt like Rosalina needed to stop being placed in the same weight group as Donkey Kong, because she's NOT even a true heavyweight. This goes double for Waluigi, since both Rosalina and Waluigi are portrayed as being tall and thin; they're both too tall to be middleweights, but too thin to be heavyweights.

Mario Kart 7 did get somewhere with the Cruiser weight class, but it was flawed with Donkey Kong being in it.

MnSG said:

But Master Cycle is DLC, so it has not much of an impact.

Cirdec said:

Still, you get the idea, since stat-wise, all the other vehicle parts had at least one clone or more.

Cirdec said:
MnSG said:

What impact?

MnSG said:
Mario Party Δ said:

Oftentimes, I've felt like Rosalina needed to stop being placed in the same weight group as Donkey Kong, because she's NOT even a true heavyweight. This goes double for Waluigi, since both Rosalina and Waluigi are portrayed as being tall and thin; they're both too tall to be middleweights, but too thin to be heavyweights.

Mario Kart 7 did get somewhere with the Cruiser weight class, but it was flawed with Donkey Kong being in it.
Donkey Kong was fine in it, IMO. I don't see how Donkey Kong ruins things. Besides, shouldn't it be more of Donkey Kong's placement rather than Rosalina/Waluigi's placement? BTW, I don't want Wario and DK swapped. I like Wario for being put in a category heavier than a 800-lb gorilla.

Mario Party Δ said:
Cirdec said:
MnSG said:

What impact?

All origin karts and characters are not unique, however, since you have to pay for DLC, it makes more sense to get characters and karts with unique stats, and indeed that was the case for the first pack.

I don't understand how exactly by virtue of being DLC that characters and karts should have unique stats.

If they share stats with origin things, then the only point to get them is for the look, it doesn't attract much to pay money for that.

Mario Party Δ said:
Donkey Kong was fine in it, IMO. I don't see how Donkey Kong ruins things. Besides, shouldn't it be more of Donkey Kong's placement rather than Rosalina/Waluigi's placement? BTW, I don't want Wario and DK swapped. I like Wario for being put in a category heavier than a 800-lb gorilla.

If you asked me, Donkey Kong is more on the Mid-Heavy side than the Cruiser side of the weight scale. He's a bulkier character, so it only feels fair that Donkey Kong is heavier than Rosalina and Waluigi.

Well, duh, Donkey Kong is heavier than Rosalina and Waluigi. He's a huge gorilla, these two are humans. Yes, there are humans that exceed 800 lbs by far, but 800lbs is probably normal, healthy weight for things like Donkey Kong.

Wario still probably weighs more than Donkey Kong, though.

Like clones in Smash Bros., I don't think PGP took anyone's spot. She was probably some random last minute addition to increase the roster size.

well since we were talking about size classification:

since metal mario and pgp were heavy-weight in a medium kart, waluigi and rosalina can be medium-weight in a large kart

Glitchy said:
Like clones in Smash Bros., I don't think PGP took anyone's spot. She was probably some random last minute addition to increase the roster size.
That's what I thought. She still takes effort to make, though, but yeah, that's the general idea.

Stargazing said:
well since we were talking about size classification:

since metal mario and pgp were heavy-weight in a medium kart, waluigi and rosalina can be medium-weight in a large kart
Sounds like a good idea.

Cirdec said:
If they share stats with origin things, then the only point to get them is for the look, it doesn't attract much to pay money for that.
The stat differences are nigh negligible. It certainly wouldn't be the reason people pay for Mario Kart DLC. Honestly, it would be more like "Look at that cool car! I want it!".

One thing I don't like about Pink Gold Peach is that she's in a row comprised of baby counterparts of people from the first row. It feels off to me.

I'm not lying when I say I would have rather had Baby Metal Mario by a long shot.

Mario Party Δ said:
The stat differences are nigh negligible. It certainly wouldn't be the reason people pay for Mario Kart DLC. Honestly, it would be more like "Look at that cool car! I want it!".

Depending on the character, the stat differences between vehicle bodies can change everything. For example, Bowser would at least have a chance of achieving C-tier acceleration with the Bone Rattler, which is impossible if he was using the Standard ATV.

GalacticPetey said:
Would you have preferred a metal version of Baby Mario or a baby version of Metal Mario?

Metal version of Baby Mario

Back