Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Mega Gallade said:
Toy Chica said:
Would that mean you need Pack 2 to get GC controller compatibility

I think he means as an update when pack 2 comes out not part of the DLC.
Yep. That's what I meant.

I'd think they would do that. Smash Bros. can't be the only one using the Gamecube adapter, well until we eventually get Gamecube games on the Wii U but I think it should become compatible.

Also do you think we can expect at least another pack or no? I wish there was another, look how much DLC NSMB2 got, was it 10 Packs?

I kind of want Diddy, Petey, and Funky, or drop Petey and add Dixie, make it a Donkey Kong Country Pack.

YoshiGo99 said:
I'd think they would do that. Smash Bros. can't be the only one using the Gamecube adapter, well until we eventually get Gamecube games on the Wii U but I think it should become compatible.

Also do you think we can expect at least another pack or no? I wish there was another, look how much DLC NSMB2 got, was it 10 Packs?

I kind of want Diddy, Petey, and Funky, or drop Petey and add Dixie, make it a Donkey Kong Country Pack.
I think there should be a Rainbow pack with the remaining rrs. Sure, there are 5 not done, but sc rr could come in dlc 2.

I wouldn't expect any dlc besides more special guests or alternate costumes for other characters like Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach were.

The only characters that fall into that category I'd accept are Mr. L, Shadow Peach and Dark Bowser. Power-ups aren't the only stinking clones that exist y'know.

Stanley the Troll said:
The only characters that fall into that category I'd accept are Mr. L, Shadow Peach and Dark Bowser. Power-ups aren't the only stinking clones that exist y'know.

Except RPG characters are just not going to happen.

RPG characters have appeared in spinoffs before, but theyre generally scarce.

I'd like a Mr. L costume though, along with a Frog Luigi.

Stanley the Troll said:
Where is your proof of that?

Strong evidence which supports the probability of them not occurring at all

We already told you a billion times, look it up.

Stanley the Troll said:

The 8 installments of them never appearing should be a really big clue.

Anser said:
I think they should make Mario Kart 8 compatible with the Gamecube Controller in a future update. It gives yet another option to play the game.

I can understand the desire for them in Smash, but I don't really think it's neccessary for them to be in this game. I rather add them if they really change buttons and stuff around, but since it would play very similar to the GamePad, I don't think they would add it unless they are just adding it for the sake of adding it.

Stanley the Troll said:

May I ask where your proof is that they have a shot?

And if you say "Well I feel that", that's not proof, that's an opinion.

What if for an update they gave us 8 player races? I don't really race with that many people anyway, but it would be great for tournaments

Meta Knight said:
What if for an update they gave us 8 player races? I don't really race with that many people anyway, but it would be great for tournaments

Actually that would be really cool, and I know that it is possible because I was able to sync up 7 controllers when had 8 player smash with 8 people.

The problem I see with that though is that 4 player screens are already squished enough, so 8 players would make quite chaotic and impossible to really see the track and/or obstacles on it.

Wally said:
Meta Knight said:

Actually that would be really cool, and I know that it is possible because I was able to sync up 7 controllers when had 8 player smash with 8 people.

The problem I see with that though is that 4 player screens are already squished enough, so 8 players would make quite chaotic and impossible to really see the track and/or obstacles on it.

True, true,

Or, you could implement a double dash mode where it's two per kart and you can split the screen four ways and still have eight players.

GalacticPetey said:
Or, you could implement a double dash mode where it's two per kart and you can split the screen four ways and still have eight players.

Yes! Double Dash was the best thing to happen to MK!

Mega Gallade said:
GalacticPetey said:

Yes! Double Dash was the best thing to happen to MK!
Until the other person wants to drive...

GalacticPetey said:

I fully support this. My only concern is that they leave the drifting controls as it has been from DS-8, as DD feels a little slippery and takes time getting used to after playing a newer Mario Kart for so long. You could make the argument that there's two people on the same kart, but there's actual cars with passengers seats there so the item thrower could just sit there or something

Meta Knight said:
GalacticPetey said:

I fully support this. My only concern is that they leave the drifting controls as it has been from DS-8, as DD feels a little slippery and takes time getting used to after playing a newer Mario Kart for so long. You could make the argument that there's two people on the same kart, but there's actual cars with passengers seats there so the item thrower could just sit there or something
Naw, not DS. Wii-8. DS has slightly different drifting mechanics.

Megamario15 said:
And you get into a fight, then you crash into a wall, then you never finish the race
lol no that's never happened to me ever

well then again my siblings and I always did half and half

Lol my siblings would always want to be the item thrower since they hated driving. I'm not complaining.

Back