Far-Fetched Suggestions for the next SSB Game...

There should be a texture editor.

Name: Uncle Chan

Franchise: Jackie Chan Adventures

Moves:
Neutral: Dragon Blast
Side: Rabbit Speed
Up: Rooster Levitation
Down: I got nothing.

Final Smash: One more thing! Uncle hits an opponent with his two fingered strike resulting in an instant K.O.

Taunts:
1. Who else wants a piece of Uncle?!
2. Magic must defeat magic!
3. Ayah!

I would be willing to spend hours working on a metagame for Merry or Pippin.

Blastoise as a playable character he would use his Blastoise powers to defeat people.

I want it to be a tribute to Nintendo and it's history like Super Smash Bros. is supposed to be and not have a load of third-party crap. But of course that's a ridiculously far-fetched idea. Sakurai bowed to fan pressure big time by having Sonic in Brawl, and in turn opened the floodgates. I'm dreading having to watch Mega Man, Sonic, Tails, Shadow, Knuckles, Goku, Pac-Man and company jumping around when trailers for SSB4 are released.

Tatanga said:
I want it to be a tribute to Nintendo and it's history like Super Smash Bros. is supposed to be and not have a load of third-party crap. But of course that's a ridiculously far-fetched idea. Sakurai bowed to fan pressure big time by having Sonic in Brawl, and in turn opened the floodgates. I'm dreading having to watch Mega Man, Sonic, Tails, Shadow, Knuckles, Goku, Pac-Man and company jumping around when trailers for SSB4 are released.
Must fight my fanboy needs

Minuette said:
I fail to see how having 2 or 3 third party characters is a "load of third-party crap".
No, having 2 or 3 third party characters wouldn't be. I say that in another post. 3 would be stretching it, 4 or more would be too much for me.

Professor Mario said:
Just ignore him/her, those types of people aren't worth criticizing.
And stuck-up assholes like you who get bitchy when someone states an opinion aren't worth acknowledging at all. Good day, sir :posh:.

Tatanga said:
Minuette said:
I fail to see how having 2 or 3 third party characters is a "load of third-party crap".
No, having 2 or 3 third party characters wouldn't be. I say that in another post. 3 would be stretching it, 4 or more would be too much for me.

Professor Mario said:
And stuck-up assholes like you who get bitchy when someone states an opinion aren't worth acknowledging at all. Good day, sir :posh:.
See, that's the type of language and attitude that makes me not take your opinion seriously. I appreciate third=parties as they played a major part in Nintendo's history and feel, they deserve a chance like this to shine. it also helps introduce Nintendo fans to other companies and series, like how Snake got me into Metal gear Solid and Konami. If you don't like it, fine, but don't act as if you're being forced to play as them and act like Smash Bros. is supposed to be your perspective.

Anyways, I would like Sora from Kingdom Hearts to be a playable character. If it wasn't for the fact Disney was involved, I think he would actually actually have a good chance of being Square's representative (Besides a popular FF character)

Professor Mario said:
Tatanga said:
Minuette said:

Professor Mario said:
And stuck-up *bleep*s like you who get bitchy when someone states an opinion aren't worth acknowledging at all. Good day, sir :posh:.
See, that's the type of language and attitude that makes me not take your opinion seriously. I appreciate third=parties as they played a major part in Nintendo's history and feel, they deserve a chance like this to shine. it also helps introduce Nintendo fans to other companies and series, like how Snake got me into Metal gear Solid and Konami. If you don't like it, fine, but don't act as if you're being forced to play as them and act like Smash Bros. is supposed to be your perspective.

Anyways, I would like Sora from Kingdom Hearts to be a playable character. If it wasn't for the fact Disney was involved, I think he would actually actually have a good chance of being Square's representative (Besides a popular FF character)
Don't lie, you didn't take my opinion seriously because it differed to yours so therefore did your best to belittle it as best you could. There was no 'language' in my original post unless you're sensitive enough to be offended by the word 'crap'. I retaliated in reaction to your post which rather rudely shot down my opinion, told people to ignore me and patronisingly referred to me as one of 'those types of people'. So please, don't try taking the moral high ground because you haven't got a leg to stand on in that department.

Any way, this is what I posted in another thread regarding the matter:

Sorry, but Super Smash Bros was created to be a tribute to Nintendo and its vast history and to be a treat for big Nintendo fans who love everything from the most famous to the most obscure about the company, and that's what it should always stay as. Having Snake and Sonic tarnished it slightly, but it was acceptable since they were just there as amusing little novelties. Throw in any more third-party characters and it's no longer a grand tribute to Nintendo, it's just a video game series crossover game. Also having a load of third-party characters would simply be catering for the general video game fan, rather than the hardcore Nintendo fan which the Smash Bros series was created to appeal to. Lastly, there are a limited number of new playable characters that can be introduced, the more third-party characters that are introduced the less Nintendo characters get to be introduced - there's so many Nintendo characters that can and deserve to be in the next Smash Bros game that would put a smile on many an ardent Ninty fan's face, Nintendo have such a rich history that the Smash Bros series has barely scratched the surface yet in terms of playable characters, I want them to take advantage of that rather than just throwing in a bunch of third-party stuff just to appease the majority (rather than the niche that Smash Bros was originally made for).

I believe I make a valid point if I do say so myself, especially coming from one of 'those types of people'. Hopefully you'll give me the pleasure of another witty and patronising put down in response.

...I mentioned countless times that it was how you displayed your opinion that I have a problem with, not that you don't like third-party characters in general. Now I know you don't even read my posts that much. Also, you apparently labeled me as an asshole and bitchy if I remember correctly. That really just shows you can't even stand ground without insulting the person you're talking to. You know what, it just isn't worth it. I'm done. You don't even mention the reply I gave you in the other thread to the last quote. if you want to be ignorant and paste your opinion as an undeniable fact of how Smash Bros. should be and not even put up an argument that can even successfully counter mine with the information I posted with even a shred of respect and maturity, then I'm ending this argument.

I think this is getting out of hand. I think we should all maintain some perspective. There's a reason why Snake and Sonic were special guests in Super Smash Bros. They're special because they're NOT NINTENDO, and were very big exceptions to any other recommendation. Before them, Super Smash Bros. was all about Nintendo, and thus, that's how it should be.

You can argue importance of each third party character, but really, it doesn't matter. I'd argue that Snake and Sonic are hardly relevant to Nintendo's histories (Sonic maybe), nor were Snake's games on Nintendo all that important. Snake only got in because his character, Hideo Kojima specifically requested that he be included. That's it. It's insane to think that, say, Keiji Inafune or Akihiko Nagata (or whoever created Simon Belmont) would go to Nintendo asking the same thing? It's insane!

And Sonic, boy howdy Sonic. Demand for Sonic was FREAKING HUGE, like most people can't even fathom it. Requests for Mega Man don't even come CLOSE to how universally Sonic was wanted! But the thing about it is, people didn't want Sonic because he's "important to Nintendo's history", at least not in the way you're thinking. They wanted Sonic in so they can fulfill their childhood fantasy of having Mario compete against Sonic, and not in the subpar way the Olympic games did. Sonic and Mario were rivals, yes, and Nintendo and Sega DID compete against each other vigorously, and while that's kind of an interesting and tangential way of looking at how Sonic's involved with Nintendo's history, that's NOT what most people think when it comes to his inclusion. In fact, his inclusion has done the exact opposite, and instead gave people the idea that ANYONE can be included as a playable character! INCLUDING other freaking Sonic characters, geez...

ANYWAY, point is, while I don't oppose third party characters, they should NOT overshadow the main party, which is Nintendo itself... I get the feeling that Sonic kind of did that with Brawl, and I'd rather not let that happen again.

Professor Mario said:
...I mentioned countless times that it was how you displayed your opinion that I have a problem with, not that you don't like third-party characters in general. Now I know you don't even read my posts that much. Also, you apparently labeled me as an *bleep* and bitchy if I remember correctly. That really just shows you can't even stand ground without insulting the person you're talking to. You know what, it just isn't worth it. I'm done. You don't even mention the reply I gave you in the other thread to the last quote. if you want to be ignorant and paste your opinion as an undeniable fact of how Smash Bros. should be and not even put up an argument that can even successfully counter mine with the information I posted with even a shred of respect and maturity, then I'm ending this argument.
I didn't even call you anything, I Just wrote '*bleep*', I didn't think you'd take it so badly. Also you were being bitchy, that's not an insult. Sorry to break your fantasy that I'm the big nasty man trying to hurt you, but you insulted me first.

No... you see, buddy, there's this thing called the autocensor. It can be turned off. Most of us see what you actually wrote.

AND WE HAVE SCREENSHOTS

Tatanga said:
Professor Mario said:
...I mentioned countless times that it was how you displayed your opinion that I have a problem with, not that you don't like third-party characters in general. Now I know you don't even read my posts that much. Also, you apparently labeled me as an *bleep* and bitchy if I remember correctly. That really just shows you can't even stand ground without insulting the person you're talking to. You know what, it just isn't worth it. I'm done. You don't even mention the reply I gave you in the other thread to the last quote. if you want to be ignorant and paste your opinion as an undeniable fact of how Smash Bros. should be and not even put up an argument that can even successfully counter mine with the information I posted with even a shred of respect and maturity, then I'm ending this argument.
I didn't even call you anything, I Just wrote '*bleep*', I didn't think you'd take it so badly. Also you were being bitchy, that's not an insult. Sorry to break your fantasy that I'm the big nasty man trying to hurt you, but you insulted me first.

Starting a fight where it could be avoided on your first few days registered. Not a good start.

I have to agree with Prof. Mario here, You're being kind of a jackass.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Tatanga said:
Professor Mario said:

Starting a fight where it could be avoided on your first few days registered. Not a good start.

I didn't start a fight. We also peacefully ended our discussion on the other thread with us both agreeing to disagree and apologising to each other for going over the top. Now keep you big nose out both of my business and Prof. Mario's ass and leave me alone.

Rat said:
No... you see, buddy, there's this thing called the autocensor. It can be turned off. Most of us see what you actually wrote.

AND WE HAVE SCREENSHOTS
DO YOU HAVE SCREENSHOTS? REALLY!? WOW!!! WELL GO SHOW THEM TO SOMEONE WHO GIVES A *bleep* you stupid *bleeping* *bleep*. ;) 'Buddy'.

*Sigh* typical forum elitists with lots of posts ganging up on the new guy :).

Tatanga said:
Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Tatanga said:
Professor Mario said:

I didn't start a fight. We also peacefully ended our discussion on the other thread with us both agreeing to disagree and apologising to each other for going over the top. Now keep you big nose out both of my business and Prof. Mario's ass and leave me alone.

Rat said:

AND WE HAVE SCREENSHOTS
DO YOU HAVE SCREENSHOTS? REALLY!? WOW!!! WELL GO SHOW THEM TO SOMEONE WHO GIVES A *bleep* you stupid *bleeping* *bleep*. ;) 'Buddy'.

*Sigh* typical forum elitists with lots of posts ganging up on the new guy :).

First, how the fuck was I supposed to know you ended your argument in another thread.

Secondly, stop being such a fucking cocky prick, it doesn't make you cool, it just makes you look like an idiot.

And that's that. Now, welcome to the forum!

Back