Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Pandapowah said:
MnSG said:
Zae said:
Anser said:
Zae said:
Anser said:
Don't forget Swellow. That thing with Guts, equipped with a Flame Orb can be pretty deadly. And if we're talking about Normal/Flying Pokémon overall, we must not forget Togekiss. That thing is awesome.

Hmm yeah totally forgot about Togekiss, great abilities, good stats, and lovely movepool.

A flying poke I've used several times in the games, but this usually meant i went without fly, which is kinda bleh.

I know, right? My Togekiss has Air Slash, Aura Sphere, Fire Blast and Thunder Wave. Air Slash + its Serene Grace ability + the paralysis Thunder Wave induces + the King's Rock it holds makes most of my opponents go mad. I really like my Togekiss.

It's a good combo so i can see why. The great thing about Togekiss is the many roles it can play too, so it can literally fit on any team known to man.

Unfortunately, Togekiss is in the same league as Braviary in that it's not all that fast. You can't exactly take advantage of Air Slash, Serene Grace, and the King's Rock, if your opponent goes before you after all.
Isn't that what Thunderwave is for.

Yes, but there are things that benefit from thunderwave, don't really matter to it, or can't be affected by it.

So while it can be useful, but to completly rely on it can be a downfall.

LN1 said:
I'm almost sure the only ones that can benefit from paralysis are Guts users.
Pokemon that use Gyro Ball and Trick Room benefit from it.
There's still the 25% chance of not moving though.

Someone posted a rumor on FB in a Brazilian's Nintendo's Fan Page that the VI Gen. will have /9/ legendaries...

[quote author=Nintendista]
RUMOR

Parece que a 6° geração de Pokémons tera 9 lendários. Veja: It looks like that the 6 gen. will have 9 legendaries. Look:

>イクシス はがね・ セイント
>ワイオーン ほのお・あく
>ゼータハル あく・セイント
Os três lendários: X (Ikushisu, Xerneas)(Steel/Saint), Y (Waiohn, Yveltal)(Dark/Fire), Z (Zeetaharu)(Dark/Saint).

>ヴァイス ドラゴン・あく
>ウォールド ドラゴン・セイント
Dois dragões lendários: Two dragon legendaries: V (Weiss)(Dark/Dragon) and W (World)(Dragon/Saint)

>サンドラ じめん・むし
>ポイガン どく・いわ
>エアドス かくとう・ひこう
Mais três pokémon lendários:More three legendaries: Sandora (Ground/Bug), Poigan (Poison/Rock) and Eadosu (Fighting/Flying)

>ゼロ タイプなし
O nono pokémon lendário: Zero, sem tipo. Wut? The 9th legendarie: Zero, no type

>伝説9体幻3体 、舞台はヨーロッパ
9 lendários, 3 fantasmas, jogo ambientado na Europa. 9 legendaries, 3 ghosts, game will be in Europe

>新タイプにおとタイプ、セイントタイプを追加
Novos tipos: Sound e Saint. New types: Sound and Saint

>一部タイプの相性見直し(大幅な改変はなし)
Revisão dos tipos já existentes; suas vantagens e desvantagens sobre os outros (sem mudanças muito significativas. Review of the types that already exist; your advantages and desadvantages over the others (without very significant changes.)

>シグマ団ボスは女、科学の力でポケモンと世界を支配しようとしてる
O Team Sigma tem uma mulher em seu comando, que utiliza a ciência com os Pokémon em seu plano para dominar o mundo. The Team Sigma will have a woman on your command that uses science with the pokémons on your plans of dominating the world

>一部のポケモンを合体させることができる
A combinação de Pokémon agora é possível. Will be possible to combine pokémons

>合体させたポケモンを手持ちに入れる場合「二匹分」として扱われる
When combining pokémons, the pokémon that will surge will occupy two slots

>御三家最終進化は炎・超、草・格、水・音
A terceira evolução dos starters será Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting e Water/Sound.
The thirdy evolution of the starters will be Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting and Water/Sound.

>ジュンサーさんが登場する、ポケモンリーグクリア後とある場所でNと対戦できる
A Policial Jenny dá as caras no jogo e N aparecerá após a Liga em algum lugar.
Officer Jenny will appear in game and N will appear after the League somewhere
[/quote]

I hope the translation is right, since I translated Portuguese -> English, not Japanese -> English (There are too much kanjis D:). I tried to find where is the original post, but I couldn't :[ It sounds fake, but who knows? o:

>saint type
>no weakness
>rumor

As I've said 4 billion times in the past, rumors are very unreliable and plus the whole saint type thing sounds really freaking dumb anyway.

Also not sure if anyone posted the better images of the new prime legendaries or not but here they are:

YKAl8.png
Kcsux.png

Personally they look far better than previous images so thought I'd post them.

Imo it's too late for new types. Or it is necessary to have a lot of the new pokémons with the new types.

Zae said:
Also not sure if anyone posted the better images of the new prime legendaries or not but here they are:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/14/official-character-art-for-pokemon-x-and-y

Iron Will said:
Zae said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/14/official-character-art-for-pokemon-x-and-y

Talking about in this topic, doofus breath.

*mumbles*

Cirdec said:
Imo it's too late for new types. Or it is necessary to have a lot of the new pokémons with the new types.

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y. It's too late because none of the old Pokémon will have those types, so mostly every single Pokémon newly introduced will have to be Saint or Sound (or any new type, for that matter) to balance things out. This wouldn't be possible with even only one type being introduced. I just don't get why people want new types; we're fine with the ones we have now. I mean, what for? Dark and Steel were only introduced to stop Psychic from being broken. If anything, they should balance the type chart by making Poison super-effective against Water (and maybe Fighting), but aside from that, we're just cool.

Anser said:
Cirdec said:

E-X-A-C-T-L-Y. It's too late because none of the old Pokémon will have those types, so mostly every single Pokémon newly introduced will have to be Saint or Sound (or any new type, for that matter) to balance things out. This wouldn't be possible with even only one type being introduced. I just don't get why people want new types; we're fine with the ones we have now. I mean, what for? Dark and Steel were only introduced to stop Psychic from being broken. If anything, they should balance the type chart by making Poison super-effective against Water (and maybe Fighting), but aside from that, we're just cool.

Plus the current type combinations makes a big enough hassle as it is, more would just make this even more infuriating.

Also agreed with the poison comment, as of right now, it sucks to hell and back offensively, doesn't help a lot of stuff resists it or is immune to it.

Chilly said:
I still think Poison should be super-effective against Water.

It really should. Also against Fighting to stop it a little bit, because it's becoming kind of overpowered. It's not nerfing the Fighting-type; it's improving the Poison-type.

Anser said:
Chilly said:
I still think Poison should be super-effective against Water.

It really should. Also against Fighting to stop it a little bit, because it's becoming kind of overpowered. It's not nerfing the Fighting-type; it's improving the Poison-type.

Fighting type ain't exactly that overpowered in terms of offense though, as some key pokemon resist it, and there are more over powered offense types anyway, such as dragon.

If any type needs to be improved it's normal, 1 immunity sucks and being weak to fighting ain't exactly fun either. There's also the fact that nothing is weak against normal and quite a few things are either immune or resistant against it.

So I had a thought.

The first 4 grass-type starters are all based on dinosaurs. The fifth one, Snivy, is based on the evolution of dinosaurs into reptiles (because snakes). Chespin certainly doesn't look like either a dino or a reptile, so maybe Chespin is supposed to become Grass/Flying and be a bird of some sort to represent the evolution of dinosaurs into birds?

Just a random thought.

Mariomario64 said:
So I had a thought.

The first 4 grass-type starters are all based on dinosaurs. The fifth one, Snivy, is based on the evolution of dinosaurs into reptiles (because snakes). Chespin certainly doesn't look like either a dino or a reptile, so maybe Chespin is supposed to become Grass/Flying and be a bird of some sort to represent the evolution of dinosaurs into birds?

Just a random thought.

i wouldn't say so

chespin looks like a rodent

Back