Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

GalacticPetey said:
For the new generation, I want moves that are like Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Surf, etc. but for other types. 100% accuracy and 95 base power. Other types need equivalent moves to that.

Speaking of that, can they nerf Fire Blast already? Why does it have 85% accuracy while Thunder and Blizzard have 70%.

And they can make it 100% accurate during the sun.

Purple Yoshi said:
GalacticPetey said:
For the new generation, I want moves that are like Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Surf, etc. but for other types. 100% accuracy and 95 base power. Other types need equivalent moves to that.

Speaking of that, can they nerf Fire Blast already? Why does it have 85% accuracy while Thunder and Blizzard have 70%.

Thunder is 100% accurate during rain and blizzard is 100% accurate during hail.

Samus Aran said:
Purple Yoshi said:
GalacticPetey said:

Yeah, that's what I mean. They can make Fire Blast have 70% accuracy normally, and 100% accurate during sun, so it's a proper counterpart and not better than the other moves.

Purple Yoshi said:
Samus Aran said:
Purple Yoshi said:
GalacticPetey said:

Yeah, that's what I mean. They can make Fire Blast have 70% accuracy normally, and 100% accurate during sun, so it's a proper counterpart and not better than the other moves.

Well to be honest those moves are pretty meh anyway, all of them have accuracy id rather avoid and 5 pp REALLY sucks, so fire blast, or any of them aren't really that worth using.

I also think focus blast should be upgraded.

It has NOTHING to increase its accuracy and its pp is really low too, I honestly think it should be upgraded.

I'm also hoping that Gyrados has some more flying moves, as about the only somewhat decent air move he possess is bounce and two turn moves really suck.

MnSG said:
Serebii is pretty much the only reliable website for official Pokemon updates. If Serebii doesn't mention the info, it's probably fake.
i use bulbapedia and BulbaNews
additionally, they're affiliated with that serebii that i dislike for some reason

Purple Yoshi said:
GalacticPetey said:

Megahorn has the same power and accuracy as Fire Blast though. Might as well nerf Heracross's signature attack while you're at it if you think that Fire Blast is considered unfair.

MnSG said:
Purple Yoshi said:
GalacticPetey said:

Megahorn has the same power and accuracy as Fire Blast though. Might as well nerf Heracross's signature attack while you're at it if you think that Fire Blast is considered unfair.

No, the reason Fire Blast is unfair is because is has better accuracy as the other elemental moves. It's not like Flamethrower has more power than Ice Beam or Thunderbolt.

Megahorn is fine, probably because there aren't as many powerful bug moves. Plus, it's not a TM.

Still, 85% accuracy can be rather risky to rely on, even if it misses less times than 70% accuracy.

MnSG said:
Still, 85% accuracy can be rather risky to rely on, even if it misses less times than 70% accuracy.

I think his point is that Blizzard, Thunder and Fire Blast are all counterparts of each other and it's unfair that Fire Blast has more accuracy. Then again, Blizzard and Thunder won't miss in hail and rain respectively, while there's nothing that can assure Fire Blast hits its target.

Now, making Fire Blast have 100% accuracy under sunlight WOULD make it unfair.

In a similar manner, nothing can ensure that Hydro Pump will hit its mark. As for Hurricane, it needs heavy rain to always hit, or else its accuracy is only 70%.

so UM and me discussed something.
UltraEarlDervish Hey FE
UltraEarlDervish I thought of the best idea
|<-- sleepingbrock has left irc.darkmyst.org ()
UltraEarlDervish In Pokémon X and Y
UltraEarlDervish Ya know how Gen III fanatics are buthurt that there was no Gen V remakes of Ruby or Sapphire?
UltraEarlDervish Well
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two yeah
UltraEarlDervish Why don't they give the option of reexploring Hoeen after beating the new regions' Champion?
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two wait wait man
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two that could do it
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two but it's possible there might be remakes
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two because it's gen 6
UltraEarlDervish Like how you reexplored Kanto in Johto
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two 6 is 3 multiplied by 2
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two like how gen 2 was remaked in gen 4
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two 2 multiplied by 2
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two 4
UltraEarlDervish Oh
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two I can't explain the firered and leafgreen remakes thought
UltraEarlDervish Than fuck my idea than.
UltraEarlDervish They were 2 Generations away
UltraEarlDervish Kanto Gen 1
UltraEarlDervish 2 Gens later
UltraEarlDervish Remake
UltraEarlDervish Same for GEN II

do you guys think this is possible?

I doubt it, considering Hoenn is in Japan, while the new region will be in Europe. They're not exactly next door.

Although I heard they coded in the Gen 3 key items....into BW2. Now that X and Y have been announced, they're not going to make a RSE remake using the Gen 5 engine.

E-102 Gamma said:
Purple Yoshi said:
while the new region will be in Europe.
WHAT. When did they say that?

Well, Pikachu's broadcast was in France because you could see the Eiffel Tower in the background, and in the trailer, one of the scenes has a tower that looks a lot like the Eiffel Tower. So, yeah.

E-102 Gamma said:
Purple Yoshi said:
while the new region will be in Europe.
WHAT. When did they say that?
Um, it's been discussed like 5 times in this topic atleast, it's the obvious influence unless you think Japan has the Eiffel Tower.

FireUmbreon said:
I think Ruby and Sapphire remakes are more or less useless, you can get all the Gen 3 pokemon by other means, including starters and legendaries, and Hoenn is probably the worst region, with more or less 50% of the map being water. I would rather they focus on making EuroRegion as interesting and full of stuff to do as possible instead of just making a half-complete region like Johto and then adding an old region to fill space.

Fennekin said:
so UM and me discussed something.
UltraEarlDervish Hey FE
UltraEarlDervish I thought of the best idea
|<-- sleepingbrock has left irc.darkmyst.org ()
UltraEarlDervish In Pokémon X and Y
UltraEarlDervish Ya know how Gen III fanatics are buthurt that there was no Gen V remakes of Ruby or Sapphire?
UltraEarlDervish Well
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two yeah
UltraEarlDervish Why don't they give the option of reexploring Hoeen after beating the new regions' Champion?
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two wait wait man
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two that could do it
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two but it's possible there might be remakes
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two because it's gen 6
UltraEarlDervish Like how you reexplored Kanto in Johto
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two 6 is 3 multiplied by 2
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two like how gen 2 was remaked in gen 4
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two 2 multiplied by 2
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two 4
UltraEarlDervish Oh
FireEevee|Pokemon_Black_two I can't explain the firered and leafgreen remakes thought
UltraEarlDervish Than fuck my idea than.
UltraEarlDervish They were 2 Generations away
UltraEarlDervish Kanto Gen 1
UltraEarlDervish 2 Gens later
UltraEarlDervish Remake
UltraEarlDervish Same for GEN II

do you guys think this is possible?
Maybe. It might happen but don't put your hopes on it.

Trust me: they don't make any calculations whatsoever to decide whether they're doing remakes or not. What has happened has just been mere coincidence.

Well I thought R/S would have Gen V remakes considering our current remake way

Remake gen = Two gens after its original one

The reason they remade red and green, was so that it was possible for people to catch all the Pokemon in Gen III.

The reason HG/SS were made (this also applies to gen I remakes) was because the game boy games were severely outdated.

The GBA games are still very much playable and visually appealing. Until they become ugly or whatever, they probably won't be remade. They could also just throw the GBA Pokemon games on the Wii U since apparently it'll be getting GBA games for its virtual console.

I doubt they'll make any more remakes until they need to. I think one of the main reasons they remade the first two generations because of the systems and how they probably wouldn't last much longer. I mean, systems get old and they start to not work.

I mean, I would like a Ruby/Sapphire remake and all since I never got those games, but I really don't think they need to be remake yet.

If it was Fire/Fighting, it would add to the insult

Back