Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Gen. 1, Gen. 2 and Gen. 3 are all memorable (and had their share of wierd designs) but I'd like to have more designs in the same style as them. They have a sort of charm that Gen 4 and 5 didn't have.

Game Boy said:
Gen. 1, Gen. 2 and Gen. 3 are all memorable (and had their share of wierd designs) but I'd like to have more designs in the same style as them. They have a sort of charm that Gen 4 and 5 didn't have.

gen 1 had decent pokes, but also a lot of dumb and useless ones. Plus the games were lame as crap too.

two and three I can understand, but why not four and five?

freaking love those gens the most for their astounding amount of awesome pokemon, plus gen 4 had some good starters too. Plus gen four and five had some good fighters as well, such Lucario, Toxicroak, scrafty, Mienshao, and virizion.

I'll never quite understand why people would make out with gen one and suddenly hate gen four and five.

it's because gen I, all the starters were awesome

you can't say that about two, or three, or fice

also gen I has starmie, nidoking, gyarados, jolteon, vaporeon, arcanine, alakazam, gengar, machamp, golem, MEWTWO, etc.

also nostalgia

I personally think Gen V is the best, but Gen I has a lot of perks.

Xpike said:
Chiaki Nanami said:
Actually, I'd be rather interested in seeing just that: Poison-types in the beginning of the game, even in the wild. It would make it very different from the other titles in the series.
I would guess it would just be the same, just replace "bug-type" with "poison-type", and since they would be low level I guess they wouldn't actually do much poison attacks.
However, a Pokemon game that actually focuses more on using status aliments would be a really cool idea if gf did it right.
But if the Pokémon had Poison Print (or whatever the hell it's named), it would still be able to poison your Pokémon. Also I'd enjoy seeing Ice-types, Dark-types and Dragon-types in the beginning of the game, too. I'd also enjoy it if there wasn't an early-game bird evolution chain, too.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Xpike said:
Chiaki Nanami said:
Actually, I'd be rather interested in seeing just that: Poison-types in the beginning of the game, even in the wild. It would make it very different from the other titles in the series.
I would guess it would just be the same, just replace "bug-type" with "poison-type", and since they would be low level I guess they wouldn't actually do much poison attacks.
However, a Pokemon game that actually focuses more on using status aliments would be a really cool idea if gf did it right.
But if the Pokémon had Poison Print (or whatever the hell it's named), it would still be able to poison your Pokémon. Also I'd enjoy seeing Ice-types, Dark-types and Dragon-types in the beginning of the game, too. I'd also enjoy it if there wasn't an early-game bird evolution chain, too.
Poison Point

Please don't make posts that consist solely of correcting minor, inconsequential spelling mistakes. It clogs up threads and contribute absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Glowsquid said:
Please don't make posts that consist solely of correcting minor, inconsequential spelling mistakes. It clogs up threads and contribute absolutely nothing to the discussion.
Sorry

Chiaki Nanami said:

Well, we once had Poochyena. I'd also enjoy not having an early-game bird, but I would actually more enjoy having one that is actually useful, like Swellow or Staraptor. Come on, Pidgeot, Noctowl, Fearow and Unfezant were useless.

Anser said:
Chiaki Nanami said:

Well, we once had Poochyena. I'd also enjoy not having an early-game bird, but I would actually more enjoy having one that is actually useful, like Swellow or Staraptor. Come on, Pidgeot, Noctowl, Fearow and Unfezant were useless.
Pidgeot is awesome IMO

Anser said:
Chiaki Nanami said:

Yeah they were pretty pathetic. Unsuitable move pools or horrendous stats. Seems like a lot of birds are really bleh in all honesty.

Ironically, Fearow does have access to Sniper, along with Drill Run, making it a bit more usable than in the past. Unfortunately, because Drill Run is a direct attack, if Fearow attacks anything that has Static, it risks getting shut down by paralysis.

MnSG said:
Ironically, Fearow does have access to Sniper, along with Drill Run, making it a bit more usable than in the past. Unfortunately, because Drill Run is a direct attack, if Fearow attacks anything that has Static, it risks getting shut down by paralysis.

Fearow ain't exactly that great in defenses though so defensive reacting abilities is one of the last things it has to worry about.

Chiaki Nanami said:

Chiaki Nanami said:
Also I'd enjoy seeing Ice-types, Dark-types and Dragon-types in the beginning of the game, too. I'd also enjoy it if there wasn't an early-game bird evolution chain, too.

About poison-types early in the game: weren't both Nidorans available early in the game? I honestly don't remember. If not, I know for sure that Zubats were plentiful early in the game. Also, there was a Dark-type early in one game (Poochyena), but it sucked.

Dragon-types might be "too overpowered" to have early in-game, and I can kind of see why, but I digress. Don't know about Ice-types though.

Anser said:
Chiaki Nanami said:

I use Staraptor in Platinum. He is awesome. The only other good bird is Braviary.

GalacticPetey said:
Anser said:
Chiaki Nanami said:

I use Staraptor in Platinum. He is awesome. The only other good bird is Braviary.

Braviary is average at best, but you seem to be forgetting Skarmory, the best physical tank in the game, or one of anyway.

Don't forget Swellow. That thing with Guts, equipped with a Flame Orb can be pretty deadly. And if we're talking about Normal/Flying Pokémon overall, we must not forget Togekiss. That thing is awesome.

Anser said:
Don't forget Swellow. That thing with Guts, equipped with a Flame Orb can be pretty deadly. And if we're talking about Normal/Flying Pokémon overall, we must not forget Togekiss. That thing is awesome.

Hmm yeah totally forgot about Togekiss, great abilities, good stats, and lovely movepool.

A flying poke I've used several times in the games, but this usually meant i went without fly, which is kinda bleh.

Also never liked swellow that much, as there is usually better pokes with guts, such as Heracross.

Which speaking of flying and all that, I really hope x and y goes without tms, or atleast makes an extra moveslot or some other thing for things such as fly and flash. As they're not really good moves, and only take up space.

Probably the only real good tm moves are like surf and waterfall.

Zae said:
Anser said:

Hmm yeah totally forgot about Togekiss, great abilities, good stats, and lovely movepool.

A flying poke I've used several times in the games, but this usually meant i went without fly, which is kinda bleh.

I know, right? My Togekiss has Air Slash, Aura Sphere, Fire Blast and Thunder Wave. Air Slash + its Serene Grace ability + the paralysis Thunder Wave induces + the King's Rock it holds makes most of my opponents go mad. I really like my Togekiss.

Anser said:
Zae said:
Anser said:

I know, right? My Togekiss has Air Slash, Aura Sphere, Fire Blast and Thunder Wave. Air Slash + its Serene Grace ability + the paralysis Thunder Wave induces + the King's Rock it holds makes most of my opponents go mad. I really like my Togekiss.

It's a good combo so i can see why. The great thing about Togekiss is the many roles it can play too, so it can literally fit on any team known to man.

Zae said:
Anser said:
Zae said:
Anser said:

It's a good combo so i can see why. The great thing about Togekiss is the many roles it can play too, so it can literally fit on any team known to man.

Unfortunately, Togekiss is in the same league as Braviary in that it's not all that fast. You can't exactly take advantage of Air Slash, Serene Grace, and the King's Rock, if your opponent goes before you after all.

MnSG said:
Zae said:
Anser said:
Zae said:
Anser said:

Unfortunately, Togekiss is in the same league as Braviary in that it's not all that fast. You can't exactly take advantage of Air Slash, Serene Grace, and the King's Rock, if your opponent goes before you after all.

True enough. Choice scarf always helps but being locked into one move can be a problem.

MnSG said:
Zae said:
Anser said:
Zae said:
Anser said:

Isn't that what Thunderwave is for.

Back