Tyrell Badd

"The hated boss who beats you down..."
Chat Administrator
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Gamefreak75
Talk about Gen VI stuff here. I'll update this with the three starters and the two legendaries that were shown.

The game will be released worldwide this October, so now everyone can be happy.

Also, it's in 3D.

Announcement:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VzO6J981nAw#[/youtube]

Pictures:

aHdm9.png

u1h7I.png

HTjfI.png

AZJna.png

z6Fth.png

Chespin (grass)
Fennekin (fire)
Froakie (water)

I'm probably going to get Chespin. Fennekin and Froakie are maybes, based on their later evolutions if I like them better.[/spoiler]

I want the blue legendary one.

BTW, would not be surprised if FireEevee plans on getting Fennekin (I know, random, but that's literally the first thing I thought when I saw Fennekin).

It looks like Fennekin won't be a Fire/Fighting, at least by its current appearance. Also, totally choosing Froakie, since I almost always choose the underdog of the starters and it looks like it will be it.

Also, I'm glad they're releasing it worldwide on Day 1 instead of Japan and then NA 6 months later and Europe like a year later. Now I don't have to be spoiled (that much, anyways).

commentary

chespin - what
fennekin - oh my god fucking amazing i'm getting this one

I am hesitating between Chespin and Froakie.
But I want the red Legendary.

Radagast the Brown said:
Looks like this series is set in France.

I would be glad then. :)

if it were just the letters they would have used a and b

i think it's something to do with x and y axis, possibly due to the fact that this is now in 3d

so i'm sticking with my reason that they're gonna make z too

Radagast the Brown said:
i think it's something to do with x and y axis, possibly due to the fact that this is now in 3d

Interesting.

What are your thoughts about the two legendaries type?

For me it's:

The red legendary: Dark/Flying
The blue legendary: No idea

Radagast the Brown said:

Plausible.

Also, has it become a meme yet?

Nintendo is jumping the gun with the next generation. Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 aren't even a year old yet, and we don't even have a Wii U title that's based on Pokemon Stadium, Colosseum, or Battle Revolution. But I guess the fact that Wii U titles do not use Nintendo WFC is why nothing of the sort is in development.

Pyro said:
Radagast the Brown said:

Plausible.

Also, has it become a meme yet?

i lied

i only went to 4chan to see random images

MnSG said:
Nintendo is jumping the gun with the next generation. Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 aren't even a year old yet, and we don't even have a Wii U title that's based on Pokemon Stadium, Colosseum, or Battle Revolution. But I guess the fact that Wii U titles do not use Nintendo WFC is why nothing of the sort is in development.

Dude, HG/SS were only out for a year before Black and White were released, and when these are released later this year, it will have been three years since Black and White's release, and year since Black and White 2's.

It's not too soon at all.

Smugleaf said:
Bulbasaur said:
x and y?

like the sex chromosomes...?

Or the letters.

Whichever you prefer.

i'm guessing it's because of this

pic1c.jpg

(ignore the observer thing)

(z will be the third game)

MnSG said:
It's been 3 years since the release of Black and White in Japan, which is more or less what every generation has been.

On the topic of the game, those starters look awful, except for the awesome fire fox, so I guess the choice has already been made. However, OP, you forgot to mention the really important fact that it's releasing in October this year in every region at the same time, so no Japanese spoilers this time.

I think it's time for me to break the 14-year-old tradition of choosing the Water-type starter... I hated Froakie's and Chespin's design. They look like bad fan artworks. Fennekin, on the other hand, looks awesome.

Those starters and legendaries all look terrible.

Back