Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Unknown Entity said:
A lot of people are saying Honedge's evo. looks stupid.

I would agree to that.

Was hoping more like some phantom knight wielding Honedge.

Nope. Let's just slap another Honedge on another.

well its not surprising, seems like most pokemon gens like to do something like that

although im still looking forward to the next evo

Zae said:
DragonFreak said:
A third evolution? The only possible variations I can think of is adding another sword, or maybe add a shield. Or maybe just a size change.

or maybe it changes to one big diabolical sword
I thought of this too. Although a massive two-handed sword is more impressive than two small daggers, trends of Pokemon evolutions show that things are usually added instead of subtracted. But who knows?

well im not either, i wanna see what it can do first before anything.

Although i hope the final evo is more promising.

I actually like Doublade but I agree that it could have been made a more badass looking sword than just two of them. Heck, it should have been a double-edged sword instead.

Unoriginal Pokémon is unoriginal. I mean, they just copy-pasted Honedge and changed its color palette and that's it: a brand new Pokémon. Then again, this has been done the past (I'm looking at you, Dugtrio, Muk and Magneton).

Anser said:
Unoriginal Pokémon is unoriginal. I mean, they just copy-pasted Honedge and changed its color palette and that's it: a brand new Pokémon. Then again, this has been done the past (I'm looking at you, Dugtrio, Muk and Magneton).

You have no idea what the back story for this pokemon may be. Don't call it unoriginal until you at least do some research about it. I feel like this Pokemon has a special background story that make it very original.

Xerneas said:
Anser said:

You have no idea what the back story for this pokemon may be. Don't call it unoriginal until you at least do some research about it. I feel like this Pokemon has a special background story that make it very original.

well he's just speaking in terms of the design, not the actual origin lol.

My Nintendo News said:
The item Exp. Share will revert to Exp. All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokémon receives 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon gain 50% experience.

I love you, Game Freak.

Xerneas said:
Anser said:

It can have a Bible-worthy origin, but that doesn't change the fact that its design sucks.

The standard selection process for Pokémon Mega Evolution is based on three points: visual looks, popularity and game balance.

lol

especially the last point. Are they kidding about game balance?

Baby Luigi said:
The standard selection process for Pokémon Mega Evolution is based on three points: visual looks, popularity and game balance.

lol

especially the last point. Are they kidding about game balance?

well they think its game balance at least

but in all reality pokemon is pretty broken, which is why we see tiers for the meta-game.

Why da *bleep* does Lucario and *bleep*ing Garchomp need a Mega-Evolution? Just, why?

All Mega Evolutions serve to do is make already good Pokemon even better. Huh, that's excellent game balance right there. Well at least Mawile, Ampharous, Absol, and Kangaskan sorta needed one. The rest are just laughable.

yeah i was kinda expecting better choices like raichu or butterfree but welp

oh well not sure if ill use mega evos that much.

Don't even like the concept of it. I prefer if they got a real evolution

Baby Luigi said:
Don't even like the concept of it. I prefer if they got a real evolution

eh it had potential at the start but it doesnt look like its going to get any better now

although actual new evolutions would have been good to.

Kellam said:
I guess that means no Dunsparce Mega Evolution. :'(

well ---- you GameFreak (company, not you). Dunsparce DESERVES a Mega Evolution SO BAWSS that it overpowers all Uber Pokemon ever.

I don't get it. If the whole point of Mega Evolutions is to balance the game to give not-so-good Pokémon a chance against legendaries, WHY THE FUCK DO THEY GIVE MEGA-EVOLUTION TO ALREADY EXCELLENT POKÉMON? I mean, do Lucario, Blaziken, Garchomp and freaking MEWTWO really need a Mega Evolution? What about Dunsparce, Arbok, Farfetch'd, Stantler, Butterfree, Mightyena, Vespiquen, Basculin and many others?! In fact, why not just give those Pokémon a normal, standard evolution (with the exception of Butterfree, of course)?

[/rant]

Back