Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Welp, I guess I should quickly go and preorder Pokemon x, just in case.

Kellam said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Kellam said:
Not gonna lie, I'm going to miss the 8-bit cries. I wish that they added a way to toggle between cries.

Also, Auroros's typing of Rock/Ice is very sad because Steel and Fighting types will obliterate it.
> implying anyone ever uses steel type as an attacking type

To be honest, some Pokemon like the aforementioned Lucario have a higher attack stat than defense stat for a Steel-type.

Dr. Javelin said:
Kellam said:
Then again, Aggron also has a terrible typing of Steel/Rock, but he has high defense and I'm going to guess that Auroros will have a high Sp. Atk.
Yeah. While Rock/Ice is awful defensively, it's a ridiculously awesome attacking combination. So if Aurorus has good Speed, it should be useful with the ability to switch in on someone and smash them with a super-effective Sp. Atk move.

Judging solely on its artwork, its size indicates that it will likely have a speed stat that ranges from completely abysmal to mediocre.
But of course! We can never know which Pokemon are awesome this early.

Everyone thought Archeops was going to be a monster until they learned his ability.

From Serebii:
The official site has revealed that yet another new Pokémon will be revealed on their Facebook page on September 25th. This Pokémon is said to be an evolved Pokémon but there are no further clues. We'll bring details as soon as we have them

I am more eager to know Xerneas and Yveltal stats or the final evolutions of the starters but still better than nothing.

In case it wasn't state, Tyrantrum has the Strong Jaw ability which makes biting moves like Crunch and the elemental fangs stronger while Aurorus has the Refrigerate ability, which makes Normal-type moves become Ice-type moves (hello STAB Hyper Beam).

Kellam said:
In case it wasn't state, Tyrantrum has the Strong Jaw ability which makes biting moves like Crunch and the elemental fangs stronger while Aurorus has the Refrigerate ability, which makes Normal-type moves become Ice-type moves (hello STAB Hyper Beam).

Man, I feel torn between the two. I always like to have a fossil Pokemon on my team and I thought I'd go with Tyrantrum but Aurorus is sounding pretty good.

I wonder if it gets STAB from Normal-moves with the ability. They didn't make it clear.

Refrigerate should also make the moves that are already Ice-type twice as strong. Imagine that Blizzard if Aurorus is a special attacker (which is likely, since we already know Tyrantrum is a physical attacker). That way it would compensate the fact that it's doubly weak to both Fighting and Steel and the fact that the Ice-type is pretty much useless now.

I don't know, that'd be like making every Ice-move it uses super effective (or normal if it's resisted). Seems kind of broken, even if the ice-type isn't so great.

Mmm, I think the announcement about the evolution we're getting tomorrow might be an evolution of an old Pokémon. They wouldn't be making such a fuss over it otherwise...

DragonFreak said:
A third evolution? The only possible variations I can think of is adding another sword, or maybe add a shield. Or maybe just a size change.

or maybe it changes to one big diabolical sword

I like Honedge, but this evolution is just disappointing. Was really hoping for something cool. Hopefully, it has a third evolution, because frankly, this one just looks stupid...

A lot of people are saying Honedge's evo. looks stupid.

I would agree to that.

Was hoping more like some phantom knight wielding Honedge.

Nope. Let's just slap another Honedge on another.

Back