Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

apparently digimon invented the word mega

glad i found that out

Anser said:
Am I the only one who thinks this is absolutely innecessary? It's like a bad fan idea.

Well I said they're dumb

mega evolutions? kinda sounds like digimon.
next thing you know there'll be champion pokemon

OK, Mega Pokemon don't get a stat increase.

Why? Because mega Mawile has Huge Power, which doubles its attack stat. Mawile's original form isn't very strong, so this must be a way to make it a viable choice. Like Medicham and Azumarill.

Because of that, I think this is just an alternate form thing. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to revert them back to the original form, it just seems too difficult otherwise. Especially for Mewtwo.

It's been stated somewhere (I forget) that it's only an in-battle thing and you have to use up a turn doing so, so it only lasts the duration of the battle. I'm just wondering if it counts as a separate Pokedex entry or if it falls under the "Forms" category in the Pokedex (i.e. where the Male/Female things, shiny Pokemon, etc are).

Serebii:

First, Pokémon can only Mega Evolve when they are holding a Mega Stone. Mega Stones are a type of item like Evolutionary Stones and include specific items such as the Blazikenite that the event Torchic holds. The Blazikenite is not found within normal gameplay. It also confirms that Mega Evolutions are temporary, being only in battle.
It confirms that not all Pokémon will have Mega Evolutions. The Master Tower has a connection to Mega Evolutions
It also confirms stat increases, stating that MegaLucario's Attack is higher. MegaAbsol has increased Attack & Speed.
We also can confirm that Meekuru has the ability Sap Sipper. Finally, it also confirms that Super Training will increase Pokémon's "Kiso" Points. This is what EVs are commonly called in Japan.

Super Training raises EV? That sounds cool.
Now it would be too beautiful if we could raise all IV to 31.

Maybe I'll sound a bit Spelling Nazi, but the Title has 2 Spelling Errors, exactly the same ones.

MKGirlism said:
Maybe I'll sound a bit Spelling Nazi, but the Title has 2 Spelling Errors, exactly the same ones.

Well, not everyone has an accented e on their keyboard, and I'm sure the first thing that Gamefreak was thinking wasn't to go out of his way to copy and paste it.

NitoriAria said:
New Pokemon:

Dedenne: Electric/Fairy hamster
Meekuru: Grass Gogoat pre-evo
Horubii: Nornmal rabbit

Those Pokemon don't interest me in the slightest, especially the Pikachu rip-off.

And so I don't have any accents on my Keyboard, BMB (remember, Dutch Keyboards = US International).
I can still make accents by either using AltGr + e + e, or String (') + e.

Cirdec said:
Super Training raises EV? That sounds cool.
Now it would be too beautiful if we could raise all IV to 31.

suddenly everyone has a smogon team

Oh, yeah, and the new gym leader Korrina is totally steel-type. I mean, her helmet looks like a piece of armor or something.

Safety first, kids.

What if the elite four all have Pokemon that begin in their mega form? It'd make the fights more difficult and it would be a good usage of the mechanic. The gym leaders could have a single mega form Pokemon as well as their mascot (e.g Raichu is Lt. Surge's 'mascot' in Gen I).

Or the Mega forms could be event specific things like they're doing with the event where they give you a Torchic with a Mega-form item.

If they're going to introduce a game changing mechanic like mega forms, they have to make it accessible for all, and not just those who were there for the event.

I think some pokemon, like the Mewtwo forme, will be accessible normally, whereas others like Blaziken are event-only.

But considering events are on Wi-Fi now, anyway, it's really more of an early-bird bonus for people who buy it at launch.

Purple Yoshi said:
I think some pokemon, like the Mewtwo forme, will be accessible normally, whereas others like Blaziken are event-only.

This, I guess now that I look back at my post I didn't explain my idea completely and I made it sound like I wanted them to be always an event thing and not available in-game.

Purple Yoshi said:
Oh, yeah, and the new gym leader Korrina is totally steel-type. I mean, her helmet looks like a piece of armor or something.

Safety first, kids.
Another steel gym leader? Yeah! I don't believe there's been a steel type since Jhoto. Maybe I'm thinking of a different region. But I love steel types, because 1. Steely types look cool and 2. they are easy to beat, because I always have a powerful fire type.

Back