Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Hotaru Tomoe said:
when is a good time to evolve my pikachu?
i'm not totally sure if i'm gonna keep using her but i wanted to check anyway just in case
Once it learns Thunder at around level 50, unless you find the TM or a Light Ball.

Glaceon said:
Cirdec said:
Glaceon said:
When you've got all the Pikachu exclusive moves you want, evolve it ASAP. I'd personally do it after getting Agility probably, so I can Agility Electro Ball stuff to pieces, but whatever works for you.

Don't evolve Pikachu. Pikachu with light ball is better than Raichu.

Too bad Light Ball Pikachu is only slightly stronger than Raichu in exchange for its item slot though, and it remains considerably more frail against against attacks than Raichu, who gains better stat growths upon levels. I would recommend holding one (if you do have one) regardless of whether you plan on evolving it or not, though, since that just makes it stronger while it's weaker.

Raichu is already frail so it doesn't matter much. And even with a life orb, Raichu has less power than pikachu with Light Ball. Light Ball actually doubles Pikachu attack and special attack.

I have a question about multiplayer. Do the two players have to have the same versions (X/X, Y/Y), or can they have different versions (X/Y)?

EmeraldDiamond said:
I have a question about multiplayer. Do the two players have to have the same versions (X/X, Y/Y), or can they have different versions (X/Y)?
Different is just fine, in fact encouraged.

Ethan (ヒビキ) said:
EmeraldDiamond said:
Different is just fine, in fact encouraged.
Okay, thank you! I was planning on getting my sister one. I'm going to get her X.

Astronomical said:
They wouldn't make two versions if they couldn't link. The whole reason they have that is so you can meet with friends to trade in version-exclusive Pokémon to complete the Pokédex.

Cirdec said:
Glaceon said:
Cirdec said:
Glaceon said:
When you've got all the Pikachu exclusive moves you want, evolve it ASAP. I'd personally do it after getting Agility probably, so I can Agility Electro Ball stuff to pieces, but whatever works for you.

Too bad Light Ball Pikachu is only slightly stronger than Raichu in exchange for its item slot though, and it remains considerably more frail against against attacks than Raichu, who gains better stat growths upon levels. I would recommend holding one (if you do have one) regardless of whether you plan on evolving it or not, though, since that just makes it stronger while it's weaker.

Raichu is already frail so it doesn't matter much. And even with a life orb, Raichu has less power than pikachu with Light Ball. Light Ball actually doubles Pikachu attack and special attack.

Yeah, looking at the base stat difference again, there's not much of a defensive buff and chances are against a strong enough hitter it'll go down pretty easily. Still though, the extra defensive stats is something, but I'd agree Light Ball Pikachu is better, especially if you pack Agility to make it a really fast and pretty powerful attacker.

Glaceon said:
Cirdec said:
Glaceon said:
Cirdec said:
Glaceon said:

Yeah, looking at the base stat difference again, there's not much of a defensive buff and chances are against a strong enough hitter it'll go down pretty easily. Still though, the extra defensive stats is something, but I'd agree Light Ball Pikachu is better, especially if you pack Agility to make it a really fast and pretty powerful attacker.

thats assuming of course it lives long enough to actually use agility.

Zae Eildus said:
Glaceon said:
Cirdec said:
Glaceon said:
Cirdec said:
Glaceon said:

That can be arranged, especially in Double Battles if you have Follow Me. Heck, you could just Baton Pass speed buffs on to Pikachu and not go for it.

Glaceon said:
Zae Eildus said:
Glaceon said:
Cirdec said:
Glaceon said:
Cirdec said:
Glaceon said:

That can be arranged, especially in Double Battles if you have Follow Me. Heck, you could just Baton Pass speed buffs on to Pikachu and not go for it.

the problem arises when you have a bigger and fast hard hitting pokemon though, plus pikachu's movepool isnt really that great.

Plus doesnt matter if he moves first or not in a turn, since the same turn he'll probably be ko'd due to its crap defenses.

Not to mention agility will be useless against trick room teams.

With 110 Attack and Special Attack a bit less than that thanks to the Light Ball, chances are the Pokémon he attacks would probably get downed assuming they're not a complete tank, especially if that attack was super effective. So really, being frail isn't too much of a problem because of that. Pikachu's movepool is actually fairly decent, it's not as bad as say... Glaceon (though I still like it anyway).

And just don't use Agility when you notice a Trick Room team, problem solved. Or just switch Pikachu out or not use it against one.

i dont really like pikachu plus the whole light ball thing is really riskey and doesnt guarantee too much.

I guess its cool for pikachu fans but i wouldnt use it against strong teams.

I got 3 Legendaries: Yveltal, Mewtwo, and Zygarde.
I was thinking of renaming Zygarde "Zy-Guy" but then I'd have to think of nicknames for all my other Pokémon.

I'm a pretty terrible battler, so when I do get a victory then it feels so awesome. What's even better is a ragequit without disconnecting. Enjoy some copypasta about the ragequit I just told some friends. :posh:

Subject: I made a passerby ragequit :3c

Copypasta from Skype:

[1:11:51 AM] ★9-Volt★: LMFAO! A few minutes ago, a passerby challenged me to a singles battle and since I emptied my battle box, I only had my current party to use. Lord Helix the Omanyte, Twizzles the Pidgeot, Dole Man the Houndoom, Deku Baba the Lileep, Cheez-It the Dedenne, and King Hippo the Hariyama. I obviously lost against him but I realized that I could use Cheez-It's Nuzzle to easily paralyze everyone. I took out his shiny Mew by the fact that he transformed into Dole Man, who knows Rock Smash. The schmuck tried to use Fire Fang on me but that failed. XDDD
[1:11:58 AM] ★9-Volt★: A few minutes later, he wanted a rematch and I was about to decline until I saw that it was rotation. Since nobody ever wants to battle me in that format, I accepted knowing I'll get whooped again. He had a different party instead of all legendaries. So I decided to send out Cheez-It, King Hippo, and Lord Helix first and have Cheez-It paralyze everyone. He sent out Mewtwo (who mega evolved), Lucario, and Charizard. I paralyzed Mewtwo Y and for the next turn I decided to have Lord Helix use Bite in case he doesn't switch out. HE FREAKING FORFEITED!!! XDDD That's just GREAT! *victory poses*

I don't like it when people intentionally throw the match or forfeit as a troll move (which has happened before), but this time I made the guy forfeit out of rage only after 1 turn. Unlike disconnections, it counts as a win for the opponent when you forfeit. XD Dedenne's got a spot reserved for when I put together a brand new Fire/Electric team that's filled with my favorites! Cheez-It totally earned it! cat_smilies/icon_pirate.gif

Before the battle, I was busy trying to level everyone up at the Battle Chateau so that I can earn more money to pay the Day-Care Lady.

Glaceon said:
Yveltal isn't a dragon, though. It's a bird of destruction.

Or so the Pokedex entry says anyway. You'd think that Yveltal would be hostile, but based on the Y version's story, it's not as malevolent as what the Pokedex entry claims.

Back