Who here completed The Perfect Run?

MCS

Donkey Kong
I haven't. I've been stuck on that level in SMG2 for probably about 2 years now and never could finish it. I still try it every now and then (I've been trying it all throughout this weekend) but can never complete it. I could really use some tips; the farthest I usually get is the area with the Pull Stars, but I got to the Hammer Bro. area today, which surprised me, but I then died in that area.

Took me about a week. After that I put "Master of Galaxies" in my phone signature. :P

I beat it almost a year ago. Haven't touched SMG2 since.

The only thing I can tell you is use Luigi.

NSMBU is more harder than the perfect run and use Luigi and when you use pull star, use this video for tips

this helped me to get past the pull stars

Seriously, WATCH IT

Smg2daisy said:
I played it with my brother, the Hammer Bros. part is tired.
Remember spin when a hammer shoots at you.

Knew that.

T-Hrk said:

I do use Luigi.

Wii U said:
NSMBU is more harder than the perfect run and use Luigi and when you use pull star, use this video for tips

this helped me to get past the pull stars

Seriously, WATCH IT

Is it really necessary to yell at me to watch it?

But it's okay, the pull star part isn't too tricky.

T-Hrk said:

I did it with both of them.

I have. It took me 100+ tries and many, many tears of rage were wept, but it was worth it in the end.

Yes.

It was one of the lamest things I ever did.

Yup. I'd say about four times now. My advice to you: Don't get hit.

Ok, but seriously, just keep at it. Eventually, you'll be able to get an idea of how to go about doing things.

Never got around to getting all the Green Stars, because I'm just lazy.

I've beaten it, and my only advice would be to move correctly, and not dying. How can you reach this goal? By playing and learning from your mistakes. That formula is applicable to every game ever, by the way, so yay for general tips!

But if I'm going to be serious here, then just try to be patient, especially on the last area, and remember that you don't actually have to kill the Hammer Bro.s and that the only ones you have to beat are the Boomerang Bro.s.

There's a trick to the part with the pull stars....it's probably the video the person out there but my ipad can't view videos for some reason..

Also a second player really helps to kill off the hammer bros. When you reach the boomerang bro area, keep ducking and spinning until all three died.

Goron said:
Also a second player really helps to kill off the hammer bros. When you reach the boomerang bro area, keep ducking and spinning until all three died.

A second player also helps eliminate the spike bomb things too

Nabber said:
Second player ruins the point. It's supposed to be a challenging level.

How can there be a point if the level has absolutely no coherent point other than pissing the players off

Persuading someone to play co-star mode with you is a challenge in itself anyway

The level isn't made to piss players off. That's level 8-Crown in SM3DL; this one actually does have level design made to be challenging.

Well I felt that the Perfect Run's challenge was solely made to piss me off. The level design is atrocious. It's boring. I never had any sort of fun beating it.

Back