Super Mario Timeline

Goron

Koopa Troopa
I've noticed something, no one really bothers making a mario timeline and those who did, theirs were stupid, mostly because they included spinoffs and dr mario and those crap. This is just to show what your head-canon mario timeline is..

Mines - YI - YS - YIDS - SMB - SMBLL - SMB2 - SMB3 - SM64DS - Luigis Mansion - SMS - NSMB - NSMBW - SMG - SMG2 - SM3DL - NSMB2 - NSMBU

I mostly chose mainstream titles because it made more sense.
Reasons for placement...
SM64DS - I consider this version canon as it explains more stuff and the sort... Also it has KIng Boo so that would be Mario's first encounter with him.
Luigi's Mansion - the vacation in SMS I believe was because of LM.. And I take SM64DS as canon so... It just makes sense to me.
NSMBW/Galaxy/2 - in the credits of NSMBW peach asked mario to go to the star festival, so that leads to galaxy, and I say 2 is directly after because the star festival only takes place every 100 years so it could have happened not too long after, or if you believe it was just a story.. Just rip it off the timeline..

Now post YOUR mario timeline...

wait why do we need a mario timeline?

It's not like its important or anything.

I don't know for amusement or something..

Why do we need a Zelda timeline? Why do we need any Videogame timeline?

Mario Clash > Hotel Mario > Dong Dong Never Die

Everything else is not cannan.

In Marioverse backstory settings aren't serious enough. Though some games did showe some characters' debut, but Nintendo also have the authority to delete what they've done (eg, Bowser's seven children, DK's status).

I can just say that usually new games are later than old games, except Yoshi series.

Goron said:
I don't know for amusement or something..

Why do we need a Zelda timeline? Why do we need any Videogame timeline?
In Zelda games, it is quite obvious to tell what the timeline is.

In Mario games on the other hand, there is no timeline as very few of these games connect to each other.

There's like, no timeline in Mario games. Super Mario Galaxy 1 and its sequel, Super Mario Galaxy 2 proves that.

YI -> YStory -> Donkey Kong -> Mario Bros. -> SMB -> SMB2 (JP) -> SMB3 -> SMW -> YSafari -> Release order (w/o remakes)

Gummy said:
The order the games were released is more or less the timeline IMO.

Yeah pretty much.

Although im not even sure if Mario universe even has a timeline since no one really seems to age.

The games with the baby characters (excluding spin-offs) are the exception though.

Back