Mario Party 9

Mario Party 9?

I heard a rumor of a MP9 in production. Is that true? Also, what was your favorite MP, mine was the 3rd one.

Re: Mario Party 9?

I've heard several rumors, but when I looked it up, I didn't find any real proof of it.

Mario Party 8.

It's inevitable that they'll make a 9th installment, my favorite was Mario Party 2 (for costumes)

<_< I hope they include Galaxy-inspired stuff

Free Loader said:
Rosalina Spalko said:
<_< I hope they include Galaxy-inspired stuff

Ya know, their still including Sunshine inspired stuff in like every game(including Galaxy), and people always complain about it. But the entire video game industry is practically working around how Super Mario 64 turned out. ...And there's still not a whole lot of Galaxy inspired stuff.

Also, MP9 has probably been in development since they finished the last one.

Only true Galaxy-inspired thing was Rainbow Road for the Wii so far :/

Free Loader said:
What was Galaxy inspired in that...? :|
I don't remember seeing anything SMGish in that course either. :-\

Stooben Rooben said:
Free Loader said:
*cough*star bits*cough*

Also, *cough*Maple Treeway*cough*Rosalina and Luma* cough*

Free Loader said:
PaperStriker said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Free Loader said:
*cough*star bits*cough*

Also, *cough*Maple Treeway*cough*Rosalina and Luma* cough*

*cough*starslol*cough* *cough*Why do people keep saying Rosalina is from Galaxy like that? No one ever complains that their taking too much stuff from Super Mario Land every time Daisy appears*cough*
Because Daisy didn't have an awesomely developed personatilty then and SML is mainly abused by Daisy fanboys why she's sooooooooo much better than Waluigi.

mostly sarcasm

On rainbow road Wii version, the star bits, the launch star, and the sound track is a remix of the galaxy theme.

also, Rosalina > Daisy

Rosalina Spalko said:
mostly sarcasm

On rainbow road Wii version, the star bits, the launch star, and the sound track is a remix of the galaxy theme.

also, Rosalina > Daisy
Ah.

I wonder if the Wii will just end with MP8. Maybe they'll wait for the next console

Garlic Man said:
I wonder if the Wii will just end with MP8. Maybe they'll wait for the next console
I doubt it. They've released at least 3 MP games on each system (excluding the DS). The need to have more original characters though, like Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Dr. Mario, and maybe that floating head guy from Brain Age. (I think his name is Dr. Hoo Hoo Ha...)

Free Loader said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Garlic Man said:
I doubt it. They've released at least 3 MP games on each system (excluding the DS). The need to have more original characters though, like Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Dr. Mario, and maybe that floating head guy from Brain Age. (I think his name is Dr. Hoo Hoo Ha...)
What the f***? Dr. Mario and the guy from Brain Age? You have to be joking.
Well, I rly don't want the babies...

Free Loader said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Garlic Man said:
Duh. :P

Stooben Rooben said:
Free Loader said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Garlic Man said:
Duh. :P

Actually, they NEED Dr. Mario, and BTW they need Pit(!)

LOL @ Sarcasm

Man, I'm gone a week and the boards have exploded with a bajillion posts

<_<

But I'm all for one having Count Bleck (Or hell, even Dimentio) being the main antagonist for the next Mario Party game

Rosalina Spalko said:
LOL @ Sarcasm

<_<

But I'm all for one having Count Bleck (Or hell, even Dimentio) being the main antagonist for the next Mario Party game
That'd be cool; then Bowser could be playable. :D I can hear Dimentio now:

Like a chihuahua in a scary forest, I flee from this scene! Only I am equipped with your star! Haha, see you.

And Count Bleck:

Bleh heh heh! Your star is now mine, impudent contestant scoffed Count Bleck.

Xpike: Wtf, Pit? ???

Stooben Rooben said:
Rosalina Spalko said:
LOL @ Sarcasm

<_<

That'd be cool; then Bowser could be playable. :D I can hear Dimentio now:

Like a chihuahua in a scary forest, I flee from this scene! Only I am equipped with your star! Haha, see you.

And Count Bleck:

Bleh heh heh! Your star is now mine, impudent contestant scoffed Count Bleck.

Xpike: Wtf, Pit? ???
I think Count Bleck's still in the grassy meadow.

Dimentio would fit the role better.

Nvm...

Maybe Bowser's still a villain, yet he's unlocked after beating the story mode.

But you can't play as him in story mode.

Free Loader said:
Didn't Dimentio die? Even if he didn't, I doubt he would come back to appear in a Mario party game, although looking at the history of Mario party games, Paper characters HAVE came back in them, so if he reappeared I think a Mario Party is the most likely place.
Yeah, he died. But, look at how many times Bowser has died; he's still got the energy to terrorize a colony of anthropomorphic fungi ruled by a sissy princess. :P But, I have to agree; that's where Dimentio would most likely appear.

I also think a Paper Mario themed Mario Party would be pretty cool...

Stooben Rooben said:
Free Loader said:
Didn't Dimentio die? Even if he didn't, I doubt he would come back to appear in a Mario party game, although looking at the history of Mario party games, Paper characters HAVE came back in them, so if he reappeared I think a Mario Party is the most likely place.
Yeah, he died. But, look at how many times Bowser has died; he's still got the energy to terrorize a colony of anthropomorphic fungi ruled by a sissy princess. :P But, I have to agree; that's where Dimentio would most likely appear.

Bowser's revived in NSMB.

But I don't know about him in SMB.

And... in your face! Crystal King (Crstalking is his real name, but...)

Lario said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Free Loader said:

List of Bowser's deaths:

SMB = fell into lava
SMB3 = fell into dark pit (probably a deep one at that)
Not sure of any other ones...

Wtf?

I wish they would take Birdo out of Mario Party. I think I'd rather see a freakin' Goomba in her place. <_<

Stooben Rooben said:
Lario said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Free Loader said:

List of Bowser's deaths:

SMB = fell into lava
SMB3 = fell into dark pit (probably a deep one at that)
Not sure of any other ones...

Wtf?

I wish they would take Birdo out of Mario Party. I think I'd rather see a freakin' Goomba in her place. <_<

ditto, Birdo wasn't so bad in the first Tennis, where she actually had a voice that resembled a humans, but now it's just painful to have someone playing as her >_<

Also, Mario Party, IMO, is the "Break" in the games, meaning that no one's really died, they just kinda.. chill in between games and play tennis/sports/parties

Stooben Rooben said:
Garlic Man said:
Yeah, once a year, a new game in the main series came out, but it's been nearly 1 and a half already, and no MP9.

Free Loader said:
I think they skipped a year when the first gamecube one came out(not sure, last time I read stuff like that was aaaaaages ago so I might be wrong).

EDIT: Never mind, I was wrong. But still, they might have decided to skip a year after the reception of MP8 to try to make MP9 a lot better than it. Also, the development of other games like MPDS may have held them up in starting on it...
Yeah, MPDS may have affected the ritual process of the Mario Party release. It makes you wonder how long the series is going to be. They can't go on forever... *glances at Final Fantasy XIII* ...never mind.

Free Loader said:
Yeah, unless we keep getting gaps like this one between Mario Party Games, I think their going to beat Final Fantasy pretty soon.
Unless Mario Party all of a sudden stops. (But FF will nevahr stop, ha! Coming soon: "Final Fantasy MDCXLIII" (16,438)

Back