Mario Party 9

Getting 5 Stars and 999 coins is funny, though.

On Mario Party 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. and DS.

I cans see how people would think this is bad, but really, stop complaining already. We get it. you like ganging up against computers. You dont have to repeat yourselves, it just makes us care less and less. You cant change the game now and they were trying something new.

How can you blame someone for trying something new? You really cant, because it just shows how whiny you can really be.

Again, look at the bright side of things instead of focusing purely on the bad things. It's not a good way to view things.

People need to stop complaining. I'm glad they changed it. I loved that you can no longer save after every turn, because when playign against CPUs I always had the urge to turn the game off if things didnt go my way. Save after every turn is soooo retarded!

Save after every turn usually saved my game whenever we had some sort of thing go wrong. Because a couple of years ago, whenever our iron was on as well as something else (Never found out what it was) it would make our electronics stuff up :/

So it was a good thing to have. Also for when you get bored so you have it save then turn it off until you want to play it again.

New Super Mario said:
I really don't care anyway. It's still the best Mario Party game though.
My favourite would be 3. It had the best everything IMO. Minigames, boards, you name it.

This one scores around the middle.

#1: Mario Party 3
#2: Mario Party 6
#3: Mario Party 7
#4: Mario Party 5
#5: Mario Party DS
#6: Mario Party 9
#7: Mario Party 2
#8: Mario Party
#9: Mario Party 8
#10: Mario Party 4

That should show where it is on my Favourite to least Favourite list.

I've heard that Mario Party 9 had great minigames, but I think that's the only thing that sounds good about it for me.

I think Mario Party 9 is a great game, but unfortunately the hype made me expect too much from it. The boards are just WAY too luck-based. Almost every board has a "lose half your mini-stars" mechanic (though on Bob-Omb Factory and Blooper Beach I find it ok, since on Bob-Omb Factory you only lose 1/2 after a set amount of spaces and on Blooper Beach the mechanic only happens for like the first quarter) and only the captain has control over everything. Captains also get bonuses in Boss Battles which was kinda annoying. Dice Blocks don't give you that much control either. The new style could be improved if it didn't rely on luck too much. Mini-game payouts are too close/unfair. Don't get me wrong though, I have fun playing the Party Mode.

I do like the scenery on the boards as well as the music. :p

Now you're probably wondering why I bothered with it. The mini-games. They are the saving grace of this game imo. Most of these mini-games are the best I've ever played in the series. And there's a large quantity of them. The scenery of the mini-games also reminds me of other Mario games. (like the scenery in Launch Break reminded me of Mario Galaxy) And fortunately it didn't feel like another Mario Party 5 to me.

Overall, this placed 3rd in my Mario Party rankings, with Mario Party 6 being 1st and Mario Party 3 being 2nd. (I'll probably elaborate more on this game when i'm not lazy XD)

MP9 seems to really have a lot of mixed feelings going on, not sure if I'd want it.

I'll probably look around some more anyway though, if I do get it, I hope it's at least as good as Mario party 2.

Judging from an earlier post, I'm guessing the boards are fairly lucked based, I mean they always are, but I'm guessing MORE luck based than before.

Hmm.

I'm pretty sure that they are WAY more luck based than before. I've heard people that tried to lose a match before, but failed.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
I cans see how people would think this is bad, but really, stop complaining already. We get it. you like ganging up against computers. You dont have to repeat yourselves, it just makes us care less and less. You cant change the game now and they were trying something new.

How can you blame someone for trying something new? You really cant, because it just shows how whiny you can really be.

Again, look at the bright side of things instead of focusing purely on the bad things. It's not a good way to view things.

I understand, but the "deffense force" is just as annoying because once a complain is said like thrice (and I mean by three completely different users) it´s automatically invalid and any mention of it results in the same kind of comments.

Sure, we get that people like the game and can look past it´s flaws, but if constant whining is annoying, so is constantly defending the game in a "I don´t care it took out a big chunk of what made it great, it´s still the best in the series".

This is what I´m talking about. "It took out X and X and X but it´s still the best game ever, probably because I´m too young to have played the originals."

No offense meant but as long as we don´t start a flame war, I´m ok with saying one doesn´t like the game for various reasons, just as much as liking it.

Personally, I can´t decide yet because I haven´t tried the game. The boards look wicked (minus the unlockable one which is the lamest one by far, despite awesome boss minigames), and despite the lack of Toadette or more varied items, I like some of the new mechanics and the concept of boss minigames, as well as some of the minigames like the one in which you get to ride on a Bullet Bill F-Zero style.

Then again, I´m judging solely from videos. I want to actually play it.

I'm not trying to defend it much though. I'm just trying to get everybody to shut up so they stop repeating themselves.

Easmo said:

This is what I´m talking about. "It took out X and X and X but it´s still the best game ever, probably because I´m too young to have played the originals."

No offense meant but as long as we don´t start a flame war, I´m ok with saying one doesn´t like the game for various reasons, just as much as liking it.

Personally, I can´t decide yet because I haven´t tried the game. The boards look wicked (minus the unlockable one which is the lamest one by far, despite awesome boss minigames), and despite the lack of Toadette or more varied items, I like some of the new mechanics and the concept of boss minigames, as well as some of the minigames like the one in which you get to ride on a Bullet Bill F-Zero style.

Then again, I´m judging solely from videos. I want to actually play it.

Just because I haven't played the 64 ones, that means I can't have an opinion? Sorry but that's just rude.

You did kind of say it in a "I'm right, youre wrong" tone.

Maybe you should've said, out of the ones you've played, its your favourite.

Mario Party 3 will be forever my favourite, nobody can change that for me. It's etched into my mind as one of the games I grew up with and had the most fun with.

Back