Mario Party 9

This is a close second to Mario Party 3 for me.

This Mario Party hasn't really been too exciting to me so far. I haven't played it much. I don't like how all the courses are so straightforward, and there aren't even any coins. All you have to collect are mini-stars. There aren't any non-dice block items either.

The mini-stars are like the new coins, from the trailers it was obvious the maps were straight forward ones. Although it is pretty fun when you use your dice blocks to your advantage. And manage to keep the lead.

Fawfulfury65 said:
This Mario Party hasn't really been too exciting to me so far. I haven't played it much. I don't like how all the courses are so straightforward, and there aren't even any coins. All you have to collect are mini-stars. There aren't any non-dice block items either.
I could 100% guess that you would not like this game. :P

Its Annoying how the Dice block does not go up to 10! At least you can get a 10 dice block

YoshiGo99 said:
Do you unlock Shy Guy and Kamek when you beat solo mode or do you have to do it twice for one character and then another time fo the other?
You unlock them both after beating solo mode the first time round.

Oh Why?

YoshiGo99 said:
Thanks NSY.
I actually like the change too. Also they 4-5-6 dice block is nice too
I'll think agree with you and NSY Its Better

To anyone who has this game the wiki still needs articles on the minigames: DK's Banana Bonus, Diddy's Banana Blast, Perspective Change, and Shell Soccer

My brother got it. I dont like it.
They got rid of power stars and interesting ways to collect them, Toadette is no playable and I hate the fact that their are no longer mini games at the end if each turn. They got rid of turn limits!
Oh, why the fuck did they get rid of the option to play in teams!
So yeah, sadly I was disappointed :(.

They were trying a new formula to be different from the last formula theyve used in 9 Games. Thats alot of repition so I dont blame them for changing it up.

a nice thing about is that it included handheld exclusive features:
Bosses from Ds and that car thing from advance
And you can play as Kamek ;D

Lily said:
My brother got it. I dont like it.
They got rid of power stars and interesting ways to collect them, Toadette is no playable and I hate the fact that their are no longer mini games at the end if each turn. They got rid of turn limits!
Oh, why the *bleep* did they get rid of the option to play in teams!
So yeah, sadly I was disappointed :(.

I agree with you here, but there are other factors that contribute, such as no duel minigames, the stupid car thing, luck-based boards, no co-op play, lacks the nostalgic Mario Party feel, etc.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
They were trying a new formula to be different from the last formula theyve used in 9 Games. Thats alot of repition so I dont blame them for changing it up.

They could at least retain the major old features so players want the feel of the older Mario Parties can play the traditional Mario Party. People who make the Mario games nowadays seem to lack an understanding of the difference between an addition, a removal, or a replacement.

Not to mention this was the new makers first time making a Mario Party. Cut them some slack, if you don't like it, then that's fine, but maybe if you discard that nostalgia for a moment and stop comparing it to things then maybe you'll get more from it. Maybe.

Wasn't the best, but it was fun while it lasted. And I can go back and play it if I feel like it. The Minigames were some of the best though, so I'll probably play them a lot.

I am a bit disappointed by the fact that there is no classic mode but the game is actually very fun the new way. You will still play a lot of Minigames in one game.

I hope MP10 brings back the old way but also keeps this very interesting but good new way to play.

My brother also loves this game.

I am totally fine with it. I love the way you travel in a cart. They should also use some of the spaces for MP10. Back space, Lucky Unluck Spaces, Bowser Jr spaces, and maybe dice block spaces but different color. Also bring back orbs

I am dissapointed. I hate the car thing and now me and my bro can't gang up against CPU's
I am rarely disappointed this much by a game.

Huh, Bloof and I gang up on CPUs ALL THE TIME.

CPUs have a chance of winning in those boards still. :( I prefer utterly destroying them.

Back