Mario Party 9

Piracy is wrong though. You don't deserve something if your not paying for it.

Most of my games are from an online shop who has all their games brand new. So I don't buy second-hand games. I can't even if I wanted to, their all brand new.

Mijzelffan said:
Aren't you adorable. Thinking you have a moral high ground and everything :)
Aren't you adorable, assuming you know what's in my head :)

I don't think that, I'm not going to become what I hate the most. I just know pirating is wrong.

Piracy... It's a muddy issue. Pirating something just because you don't want to pay for it is a douchey move, as I see it, but really, it can depend on how much is being paid and what the game is.

For Mario Party 9, it's just a Mario spin-off, and Nintendo can easily make money on the next Mario game they make.

Even still, I'm still going to pay for it. I feel like any advantages pirating might have doesn't match the risks involved, and besides, I hate the idea that pirates label themselves as some sort of Robin Hood type, when all it's really about is not coughing up the money to pay for something other people WORKED on and get PAID for to do, or just being impatient.

And that's BEFORE we get to Independent games, and the fact that the people making it literally NEED those profits to live by.

Pirating games that are really old and you can't find on eBay or sites like that is fine in my books. But of its a game you can walk to a shop and buy or get on online and buy then you shouldn't pirate it.

Mijzelffan said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Mijzelffan said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
Mijzelffan said:
there is no difference between "getting the game" second-hand and piracy. Either way Nintendo's not seeing any money. So unless you have bought all of your games first hand from the store, you're not much better than a pirate.
The game still had to be bought for it to end up at the store.

The game also had to be bought to be put online. And people who pirate generally weren't gonna buy it anyway, while people who buy second-hand were generally gonna buy it, they just saw a cheaper deal. There is also the occurance that pirates who like games might end up buying the game anyway. Because of this some developers claim second-hand games are actually worse for them than piracy.
So unless you buy everything directly from the company who makes it, you're an evil lowlife who deserves to burn in hell? I have to travel all the way to Seattle to get a video game?

Where are you getting that from? I'm all pro-piracy.
I didn't catch that. I thought you were saying buying from secondhand stores were bad. Pro piracy, eh?

Monkey D. Luffy said:
Do some chores or jobs or something to save up.

I can manage doing tons of different chores and save up for games and I'm only 14

I have much money already (for tons of new games anyway), thank you.

I thought you were saying buying from secondhand stores were bad.

It is bad. These people are making a profit by distributing copies. Video game companies are more into looking into enforcing that instead of the act of simply downloading it

Baby Luigi said:
I thought you were saying buying from secondhand stores were bad.

It is bad. These people are making a profit by distributing copies. Video game companies are more into looking into enforcing that instead of the act of simply downloading it
So wait, you're pro-piracy, but anti-pawn shop?

I don't support piracy either (I rarely do it, even though I download games, but I mostly download games I already legibly bought). But selling a copyrighted game is a more serious offense than simply downloading it

Baby Luigi said:
I don't support piracy either (I rarely do it, even though I download games, but I mostly download games I already legibly bought). But selling a copyrighted game is a more serious offense than simply downloading it

Downloading is pretty much the same thing.

Of course with second-hand selling its worse because you make a profit but both are really bad and stupid to do.

One may be worse than he other but both are still equally as bad. If your against piracy, you shouldn't buy second hand. If your against second-hand, you shouldn't be pirating. See where I'm going with this?

Baby Luigi said:
You can't sell old video games in a yard sale?

Yard sales usually have you selling it for a cheap price. So like, a game you. Didn't really like, you can sell for 10 or 15 dollars.

Monkey D. Luffy said:
Piracy is wrong though. You don't deserve something if your not paying for it.

That's a very kapitalist point of view. :P But it's still just your opinion, and not an universal truth as you made it out to be multiple times.

*breaths oxygen without paying for it*

People aren't working night and day, making a living out of producing the air you breath. :mad:

You know those guys in the credits? ALL THOSE PEOPLE are getting PAID to make these games. But they don't get paid unless people purchase them.

GET IT?!

You knew what I meant. Like smashgoom just said, they worked to make these games that you're supposed to be paying for. Pirating it would just be like insulting the people who worked on. It's like saying its not worth the money, when something like this definitely is.

On the piracy subject, I agree that it is wrong, but there are some instances in which there are no other options, most notably import only games. How are we supossed to play Mother 3 if Nintendo downright refuses to put it in a readable language? There is no other option here: just pirate and fan-translate it. It´s not like it hasn´t been requested a gazillion times for these games to be released overseas, yet Nintendo doesn´t want to. If we, as customers, are waving our money in front of their faces and they still refuse to listen to the ones willing to pay, they´re basically downright telling us to go pirate the game.

There´s also the subject of abandonware.

So, yeah, basically, I´m all for supporting the companies that make the games we love, but sometimes a little bit of fan-meddling is needed when companies refuse to listen. Fans do what the companies don´t

Say I've been wondering, has anyone actually seen what King boo looks like yet? does he have the Luigi's Mansion Look or the Super Mario 64 DS look? I haven't seen any screens but maybe I've missed something, does anyone here know?

Tomba said:
I just hope he has his Luigi's Mansion look. The redesign just looks like a generic Boo wearing Peach's crown. :S.

It's very unlikely to happen now... :( What is a pity. I liked the Luigi's Mansion look too!

Bring back the epic awesomeness of wrestling Boswer with a Mega Mushroom! MP4 anyone?

Mario Party 4 was my least favourite. So anyone except me. Mario Party 3 was a different story though, that game was the best and summed up the thng I did most in my childhood.

Tomba said:
I just hope he has his Luigi's Mansion look. The redesign just looks like a generic Boo wearing Peach's crown. :S.

Maybe they will use the Luigi's Mansion design. This is just a guess but it looks as if Nintendo's been going out of it's way to not show King Boo in it's trailers or pictures despite all the other bosses being shown, I assume they're deciding on its final design at the last minute.

Edit: Oh I just found an image of him, turns out it's the Super Mario 64 DS style :( The image can be found here > http://www.mariowiki.com/File:Mp9sspic2-275x237.png

Back