Mario Party 9

Elegy of Emptiness said:
Is it just me, or is that 5 players at once at 1:12?

Also, look closely at the names when the car-mode thing is running and you will notice that Mario is P1 and Yoshi is P4. Also, in that trailer, there is one point where Peach is running up the collapsable spaces, meaning that the car-thing is only a mode.
Yeah I think that is 5 players, even though people say Dry Bones is a NPC. If he is an NPC, you would think there would be more than one dry bones, and considering the fact that Dry Bones IS playable

Dry Bones IS an NPC in that minigame. If you look closely, there are actually 2 Dry Bones or even more during that minigame, so why have a jumping ability except for to jump over them?

Fawfulfury65 said:
I'm not a fan of the new Mario Party games, and I know they haven't been very good recently, but I'm still very excited for this game. It seems like I've always been really excited for these games. I remember dying for a Wii just so I could play that terrible MP8 game.
I was kinda disapointed with the handheld Mario Party games. THey were good, just not good enough

Squirtle said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
I'm not a fan of the new Mario Party games, and I know they haven't been very good recently, but I'm still very excited for this game. It seems like I've always been really excited for these games. I remember dying for a Wii just so I could play that terrible MP8 game.
I was kinda disapointed with the handheld Mario Party games. MPDS was good, just not the gameboy one
Fixed

Luigi's Mansion said:
Squirtle said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
I was kinda disapointed with the handheld Mario Party games. MPDS was good, just not the Gameboy one.
Fixed
Wario wasn't in the GBA one. :mad:

I'm still awaiting Baby Mario and Baby Luigi playable in that game :(

Elegy of Emptiness said:
Is it just me, or is that 5 players at once at 1:12?

Also, look closely at the names when the car-mode thing is running and you will notice that Mario is P1 and Yoshi is P4. Also, in that trailer, there is one point where Peach is running up the collapsable spaces, meaning that the car-thing is only a mode.

There are Red Pipes at the start and end of the Peach part underground, and there are the same Red Pipes on the board. I assume it's just a shortcut or secret passage.

Dry Bones IS an NPC in that minigame. If you look closely, there are actually 2 Dry Bones or even more during that minigame, so why have a jumping ability except for to jump over them?

Never mind what I said, they might not be able to jump. But why have a 5 player minigame? Yay for Theory Time! I think this might be a free for all, where the player is trying to eliminate every other playable character with a time limit, hence 5 players after eliminating some. It ALSO seems like the car thing IS a different mode, because in the trailer, you were collecting small silver stars, instead of the normal 20 coin stars...and everyone gets a turn, but travels together. An example is: "Mario's turn is up, he hits the block, he gets a small silver star, and only HE collected it."

If you guys are talking about Dry Bones and the 5 player situation, I believe that is not the case. Take a look at this screenshot:
MP9_10.png

There are three Dry Bones in this minigame. I think they serve as obstacles.

Oh I get it! Dose this mean dry bones will not be a playble character.

^Possibly. However, I would not be so sure right now as the game has yet to confirm all of its characters. There is still a chance.

Luigi's Mansion said:
The Magic School Bus said:
Yeah. How could in MP8, Hammer Bro and Blooper, of all people get a role, but not them.
TBH, I highly doubt they'll be playable. :P

Also, We haven't even heard from Toadette or Boo, and these 2 were in a lot of Mario Party games.

Peachy said:
Luigi's Mansion said:
Yeah. How could in MP8, Hammer Bro and Blooper, of all people get a role, but not them.

Also, We haven't even heard from Toadette or Boo, and these 2 were in a lot of Mario Party games.

Speaking of Boo, I always thought putting him in was a rather odd choice.

ToadSoul64 said:
Peachy said:
Luigi's Mansion said:

Speaking of Boo, I always thought putting him in was a rather odd choice.
Speaking of Toadette, she has only been in three Mario Party Games.

GutsehMan said:

Never mind what I said, they might not be able to jump. But why have a 5 player minigame? Yay for Theory Time! I think this might be a free for all, where the player is trying to eliminate every other playable character with a time limit, hence 5 players after eliminating some. It ALSO seems like the car thing IS a different mode, because in the trailer, you were collecting small silver stars, instead of the normal 20 coin stars...and everyone gets a turn, but travels together. An example is: "Mario's turn is up, he hits the block, he gets a small silver star, and only HE collected it."

>.< I forgot to mention the Silver Star part, i noticed when I looked at the trailer the second time but forgot to write it here :P

Back