Mario Party 9

Ornithologist Mario said:
Ser Ezio Auditore da Firenze said:
I think the Mario Party series needs a better settings tool, get rid of certain spaces, luck minigames, change the game rules, etc.

Mario Party 4 had the custom pack to "remove" luck-based minigames.

Damn, I think I need to play a little bit of my old Mario Party games, I forget the certain things they had.

I hate cut for the team I will always lose no matter what, I win all the the time in other battle minigmes in Mario Party 8

Oh hi, I'm new here. I've loved and always will love the Mario Party series. Anyways, I hope this Mario Party will be as good as Mario Party 3 and 6(6 is my favorite one). I haven't played the N64 ones much, as I don't have a N64. I'd like orbs to be back for the item system, not some silly candy. I'd want the last 5 turns roulette to return, the duel spaces and let you wager what you'd want, instead of letting a wheel decide what you get. The mini-games better be good, not some boring point and click mini-games. For the characters, I hope it's the same roster as Mario Party 8; only without Birdo and Blooper replaced with Shy Guy and Koopa(I know shy guy and Koopa have been confirmed). By the way, can someone private message me a good quality, large pictures of the boards Towering Treetop, E.Gadd's Garage, and Faire Square? I need the day AND night pictures of all 3 of those boards. It'd be really appreciated if someone did this :D.

yoshi123 said:
By the way, can someone private message me a good quality, large pictures of the boards Towering Treetop, E.Gadd's Garage, and Faire Square? I need the day AND night pictures of all 3 of those boards. It'd be really appreciated if someone did this :D.
Did you look on the Mario Wiki? There are some good ones there.

You know what I hate about the newer Mario Parties? How the battle minigames are played randomly. I mean, in the old MPs, you had to land on a space to do a battle minigame, but in the newer ones, they just come automatically. It's more fun when there's spaces.

Fawfulfury65 said:
yoshi123 said:
By the way, can someone private message me a good quality, large pictures of the boards Towering Treetop, E.Gadd's Garage, and Faire Square? I need the day AND night pictures of all 3 of those boards. It'd be really appreciated if someone did this :D.

You know what I hate about the newer Mario Parties? How the battle minigames are played randomly. I mean, in the old MPs, you had to land on a space to do a battle minigame, but in the newer ones, they just come automatically. It's more fun when there's spaces.
Sorry if I'm being kinda demanding/picky, but I need the pictures to be around 1606x1200 pixels. I looked on every kind of image site and unfortunately, there weren't any around that size :-\ If it's possible, someone send me a PM with the images, please. This would be GREATLY appreciated.

yoshi123 said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
yoshi123 said:

Sorry if I'm being kinda demanding/picky, but I need the pictures to be around 1606x1200 pixels. I looked on every kind of image site and unfortunately, there weren't any around that size :-\ If it's possible, someone send me a PM with the images, please. This would be GREATLY appreciated.

Wait... WHY do you need them?

Crackin355 said:
yoshi123 said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
yoshi123 said:

Wait... WHY do you need them?
Well... my friend needs them for a game and he's not on this forum... and I can e-mail it to him. and actually, I made a mistake on the pixels. I need one that's around 987x747. Sorry for the off topic posting. Back on topic, I notice that some mini-games look similar to the other ones. And even though I don't play as him, Dry Bones may not be playable. Did you notice the several dry bones in the mini-game where the one player is in the machine? They could be obstacles to either the 3 players or the lone player. I really hope he is playable.

Well seeing that it looks like no, I am also gald that koopa is playable, he is my 2nd favorite Mario Character

Dislike generic enemies playable over playable candidates such as Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong or the Baby Mario Bros....

I agree with Fawfulfury. She should also mention how you can't choose the minigame anymore, either by player landing on the space or majority rule. Mario Party 8 and DS was randomized.

The duel system also sucked in Mario Parties after 6. I mean, random awards? Dueling someone who has no coins or no stars to fork over? That's plain stupid. Mario Party 6 was the last game you can adjust what you put at stake, and people who have no coins or stars can't duel.

Luigi's Mansion said:
Yeah, I hate it when you have to give 20 coins, they have to give 3, and they win, that's just not fair

Or when you win, you only earn 3 coins

Another thing I hated about MPDS' battle is how the amount of coins is random. Like there's no roulette to decide how many coins you give, it was just a random number like 18 coins. When I have to vote, I wait for the the CPUs to vote first so I can gurantee I'll get coins.

Yeah, I liked giving 50 coins. That really hurt the computers (not me too much, I'm usually a 100 coins rich)

I MP8 I hate that minigame where you have cross a tightrope with wind blowing, this was the first minigame I played in Mario Party 8 and it ended up as a tie.

I hate that minigame too. It's too boring. I hope Mario Party 9 has minigames like Mario Mechs or Cosmic Slalom

New Super Yoshi said:
I MP8 I hate that minigame where you have cross a tightrope with wind blowing, this was the first minigame I played in Mario Party 8 and it ended up as a tie.
That was a bad minigame. It was terrifying.

1337 said:
New Super Yoshi said:
That was a bad minigame. It was terrifying.
I agree as well. No matter how much I tilt the wii remote forward, I was always in the back of the pack. And I wish it wasn't 1st player to get there, I'd rather have whoever makes it to the end wins.

Back