Did anything in a Mario game ever make you cry?

The end of Chapter 7 of SPM when Luvbi turned out to be the Pure Heart. Plus that Soft Light song... It's so beautiful :')
A little off-topic, but Earthbound/Mother 2 and Mother 3 made me cry as well. Those games are so amazing...

How depressing :'(

I can't believe HUMANS made that game instead of slime molds

Charlie Mulgrew said:
When the luma said said to mario ''i'll never forget you''
Also with sacrifices in SPM and another game that I won't mention the name because is is not a Mario game

KoopaGuy said:
Baby Luigi said:

Never played that game, looks like a crappy game.

You're lucky you never played that game. All hopes you ever had for video games would be diminished if you ever played it

That explains how I never played that game.

Baby Luigi said:
KoopaGuy said:
Baby Luigi said:

Never played that game, looks like a crappy game.

You're lucky you never played that game. All hopes you ever had for video games would be diminished if you ever played it

That explains how I never played that game.

How do you know it would diminish all your hopes for video games if you've never played it? And it can't possibly be as bad as the CD-i Zelda games.
*shudders*
Course, I've never played those either...
Maybe I'll just keep my mouth shut.

Baby Luigi said:
Mario Tennis Open nearly made me cry for having Baby Mario and Baby Peach but no Baby Luigi. I cried mentally.
*stereotypical sergeant voice* YOU MAN UP! IT'S A FREAKING BABY VERSION OF LUIGI! *slaps you in the face* YOU WILL MAN UP YOU MAGGOT! NOW DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME TWENTY ON THE DOUBLE! DO YOU HEAR ME!? DO YOU HEAR ME!?!? (I just did that because I am just a repulsive jerk think it's funny. However, I must admit it makes about as much since to put Baby Mario and Baby Peach in a game without Baby Luigi as it does to put Waluigi in a game without Wario but hey, at least they're not replacing a bunch of beloved Mario characters with random human characters that don't look like anything out of a Mario game. (Mario Tennis:Power Tour, anyone?)

KoopaGuy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mario Tennis Open nearly made me cry for having Baby Mario and Baby Peach but no Baby Luigi. I cried mentally.
*stereotypical sergeant voice* YOU MAN UP! IT'S A FREAKING BABY VERSION OF LUIGI! *slaps you in the face* YOU WILL MAN UP YOU MAGGOT! NOW DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME TWENTY ON THE DOUBLE! DO YOU HEAR ME!? DO YOU HEAR ME!?!? (I just did that because I am just a repulsive jerk think it's funny. However, I must admit it makes about as much since to put Baby Mario and Baby Peach in a game without Baby Luigi as it does to put Waluigi in a game without Wario but hey, at least they're not replacing a bunch of beloved Mario characters with random human characters that don't look like anything out of a Mario game. (Mario Tennis:Power Tour, anyone?)
At least Mario characters don't have to be unlocked by connecting to Mario Power Tennis GC

I don't cry due to Mario games. Zelda games...especially in TP where you talk to the mothers of the kids that were taken, or when Link finally gets to Zelda in SS, and when Fi and Link at the end...sniff.

But I do have close calls, such as...
* When I realized what Rosalina meant when she said "my mother is under the tree" with the sad music playing behind it.
* Tippi and Count Bleck sacrificing themselves to save the entire universe.
* Mallow sad scenes (That sad song for SMRPG was just well done).
* When Baby Mario and Baby Luigi were finally departing back in time in M&L: PiT.

opening cutscene of hotel mario

koopas opening hotels...that's just not cool :'(

Epic Nitwit said:
wait why is this pinned?

This was the question I was asking too.

KoopaGuy said:
Baby Luigi said:

Yoshi is anything but beloved. I would rather have one human character than ten stupid recolored Yoshis

how does the gun control thread have any relation to this one

when that ONE pixl in spm said that i had almost no girth. naw, just kidding. i actually cried because luigi was just... so sad in luigi's mansion.

Some of the tunes that can be heard in the Mario Universe have given me a tear or two, but it's usually the high-pitched tunes; I'm quite sensitive to music box related music.

Rolf said:
opening cutscene of hotel mario

koopas opening hotels...that's just not cool :'(
I crie evry tiem

SPM's ending didn't make me cry, it just made me sad. I mean, it's so dark and depressing. Tippi and Count Bleck sacrifice themselves to save the multiverse... It's just so dark and depressing that I don't want to talk about it anymore.

Mario games are widly known for their dark and oppresive themes.

Back