Brawl: Preferred Controls?

What controller do you use the most in Brawl?

• Wii Remote (Sideways)

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Wii Remote + Nunchuk

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Wii Classic Controller

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Gamecube Controller

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters

SKmarioman

King Bowser
Title says all, what controller do you prefer to use in Brawl?

I use the Wiimote + Nunchuk because that's the only control method I've been using for the past 4 years, and I just find it awkward switching over to the other controllers. Same reason why I still use the Wii Wheel in MKW.

marioman1213

ROSERADE HAS RETURNED! ...As a Bombchu.
GameCube.
I like to go classic.

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
inb4 some loser (who lost to a buncha losers) who says this topic is already made before

GameCube controller

marioman1213

GameCube makes it real simple to smash.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Classic Controller, by a mile. And apparently I'm the only one. But maybe it's because I don't have a GC controller.

marioman1213

GameCube:
The ultimate brawling controller!

The bad news:
I'm used to smashing with the analog stick, so when I'm playing one player, I always make the screen do a close-up of my character's face. :)

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
We've already had at least three previous topics for this.

As I've said before, Wiimote and Nunchuk, partly because people usually use Gamecube and I don't have enough.

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Nabber said:
We've already had at least three previous topics for this.
You're officially that loser who lost to the buncha losers I mentioned earlier in this topic

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Go Cube or Go Home

Secondary choice would probably be Nunchuck, but sidemote is OK too. Never tried Classic.

Anton

kero?
Chat Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Wii Remote + Nunchuk. It's best for Lucas and Ness, which are the characters I play the most as.

yoshi123

~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
Roserade said:
GameCube:
The ultimate brawling controller!

The bad news:
I'm used to smashing with the analog stick, so when I'm playing one player, I always make the screen do a close-up of my character's face. :)
C-Stick doesn't make the Camera zoom in on Brawl in Single Player... O__O
Only Melee does that. :p

Anyways, I use the GC Control, but I disable Tap Jump, set Y to Grabs and L to Specials. I'm really glad Brawl lets you change your control settings (though you need to put a name and choose it), it makes my grabbing so much easier. XD

Dr. Javelin

Nathan Latsk
Sideways Wiimote. I don't know why, it has a bunch of flaws. I should probably switch over to the Gamecube controller, but I'm just used to the Wiimote I guess.

yoshi123

~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
Main reason I don't like Wiimote is because of the D-Pad; Smash was pretty meant to be played with an Analog Stick and not a D-Pad IMO. XD

Gamecube Controller. I played the game when it came out with a friend and used the GC controller. Also, me and my two friends (we dont really get along no more) used to play Melee all the time, so I was used to it.

Shokora

L'esclavage D'amour
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Sideways Wiimote is easiest for me. Give me anything else and I get kongfused.